Red Thai / Super Red Thai

Hashishin

Sounds lovely Hash, it's a wounder when you look back at the strains you used to have but have lost.... :(

Anyway, as you don't seem to fancy a Top44 cross, have you thought about crossing a Thai with TurdRyder? I think this will give you the results you are looking for. The TR will bring down the stretch, speed up the flowering time, and it has a well renowned flavour and high? ;)

stickyblack that Thai-Tanic looks exceellent indeed, might have a gander meself, fancy some new srains for me next grow... :blub:

Monk...x

Hi Stickyblack , I have grown out 2 sets of Thai-tanic seeds since I lost the original Thai mother in an effort to try and rediscover the lost genetics but it was not to be, pics of your Thai looks nice though.

Hi Mono, Thai crossed with a Turd-ryder sounds like it could be an interesting prospect, although not entirely sure it would be what I was after as I have not smoked any lowryder.

Not sure if the original plant I had was pure Thai or a Thai-Skunk-Haze cross, I guess I will never know. TBH I think I am chasing the white rabbit a bit with this one. Saying that I would be interested to hear from anyone who thinks they have smoked or grown anything like what I have described, especially anyone who has travelled the area first hand and smoked the local land race themselves.

hi m8 . you might want a look at this 1 from sannies seeds , blue berry sativa

Type: Hybride / sativa

Flowering time

10-11 weeks

Harvest up to 550 gram/m2(indoor)

Taste: Sweet and berry

Effect: Energetic uphigh

flowers Long sativa cola's

THC: Percentage up to 20%

A total sativa/thai experience.

Flowering time from 10 to 11 weeks and really a big yielder.

These plants will make many long side branches and so very well suited for scrog growers.

This cross is also very stabile in plant structure what is not easy to find in a F1.

The difference there can be is leaf size. The best phenotype has small leaves and lends over towards Thai.

No hermies, not uncontrolable thai what is mostly the case, no problems what so ever on this Thai treat makes it unique to grow and experience.

The intense high is longlasting and the taste is like a strong tropical blueberry cocktail.

A must have for the berry lovers .

hope this helps

eta picture.

post-10804-1256751244_thumb.jpg

Edited by ollie007

If you're into crossing the strongest manageable indica-ish with thai :

Try Medicine man, it's a whitewidow with some afghan in it.

It will knock most out.

Have a lady thai next to it.Badabing-badaboom.

(I used to get some serious cramped neck from medicine man , other enjoy it as one of the better medicinal strains)

Or get some decent Sensi Hashplant , sativa phno instead.

It's a very resinous fast flowering strain.

Sensi themselves played around with early pearl alot to standardize and manage strains better.

A mate of mine just suggested : get some male NewYorkCityDiesel to cross with a thai.

Its a fruity hefty strain that performs well under all circumstances ( both indoors and outdoors)

Edited by Psycho-tik

Thanks for looking in, after thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that I am not likely to find the mystical Thai high by asking other people where to find it. I was the person who experienced the high, so I should know and will know what that special unique high feels like when I experience it again.

I am going to have to wait until ( or indeed if ) I find a plant with similar effects and then go from there.

I thinthis red thi sounds simmilar to sumthing iv got at the moment the description u hav given is exact and it soundsa like it has got the same affect. Plus its got the typical thi smell and taste.

Fo sure there's virtually no way to find that exact high.However : the high, pistil color, and stature of the plant lead to the fact there's some distinct traits too look for.

The Logical conclusion might sound like a specific balance between phenotypes.

Now, as specific traits are differently expressed by typically known strains or plant families, suggestions of several strains could make it easier to eventually find a succesull cross.

Simply put : his strain might be able to remake with known strains.

If you're not into breeding ;fine, just don't have high expectations finding the strain you ionce loved.

Sometimes crossing hazes of different origin bring about the least expected combinations, sometimes awkwardly leading to strains that more likely than not appear to be true indicas, or sativas, or anything in between.

Other suggestions offer more control over phenotypes, making it easier to make any selections.

Red thai probably is dead.

Finding it's living original might prove itself to be harder than breeding it yourself.

In any way : best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, wish you well with your search. have you asked namkha from real seed company if he has come across something like what you are looking for. hope you find it, good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I would take a look at The Real Seed Company man... they stock some fantastic looking landrace genetics. I'm certainly going to be growing some of them :D

Edited by eri

Hi eri, thanks for looking in :yep: .

Yes I've been looking at the seeds that they do and will more than likely grow some out eventually, not just for the Thai but for the other landrace stuff they do as well. I particularly like the look of the Himalaya and Parvati strains that they do, I would like to get a crop in of that stuff and bubblebag the lot for hash :rofl: .

Hey hashishin

thats sounds lovely that thai,,what a shame ya lost it.

didnt you think of crossing it with something so you could of had some seed which you could of backcrossed to the thai.

suppose thats the only downside of growing from cuttings,,,

cant think of anything thats like the description of that thai,,,

Ive heard oldtimer haze is a nice plant if ya like the exotic sats.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Sounds a straight up sativa.

I don't think native Thai strains really get that red, sounds like quite an old skool sort of strain.

Maybe it's old enough to be some worked hybrid with a Swazi Redbeard, or Panama Red?

I'd say it sounds like it's got something to do with Redbeard, tasty. :yinyang:

Swazi

Edited by Preme