Red Thai / Super Red Thai

Hashishin

Some years ago possibly ten or eleven I got a cutting form an old acquaintance that was quite unique to anything I have come across, smoked or grown since, the only thing that is remotely similar to it is some of the haze varieties.

This particular cutting was apparently Red Thai or Super Red Thai, that's all I was told. I managed to keep the stain for a few years but unfortunately lost it in the end due to poor maintenance of the mother and low winter temperatures in the location in which I was growing at the time.

This plant was very different in quite a few ways, I think many land race traits showed through in the mature plants and buds. The leaves were extremely pointed, delicate, and slender with heavily jagged serrations, dark green in colour turning with a reddish hue later in flowering. The buds also developed a slight reddish, lavender tint to them also and were very resinous. The plant had a high bud to leaf ratio, it grew to a medium, tall hight and possibly tripled in height whilst in flower, which lasted for anything between 10 and 12 weeks.

Effects and high were truly unique, sativa dominant, very powerful, visual and long lasting. After 17 years of smoking possibly hundreds of different varieties of cannabis and 10 years of growing out many dozens of different strains I've never come across anything similar in terms of the effect only in terms of physical similarities within the structure of the buds themselves.

Was interested if anyone thinks they have smoked or come across anything similar.

sounds like you had some very unique material .

it's hard to get a manageable thai for indoor cultivation.

I suspect a male indica to have been crossed with a thai plant.

It's a wild guess, but that's just my opinion.

Try crossing a male top44 with some thai durban , and see what you get.

Try crossing a male top44 with some thai durban , and see what you get.

Why Top44?

Its a pretty mediocre plant at the best of times.

top44 is manageable, and the flavour is all there.

Crossing it with a sativa makes it express a cerebral high.

Compared to other " hard hitting " strains - yes it is mediocre.

On itself it is a stable and predictable plant IMHO.

The male plant makes it possible to determine the stature of the cross.

Edited by Psycho-tik
  • Like 1

Psycho-tik, Top44 might be a mediocre to strong smoke (not sure, not tried it doesn't really interest me) but it would be probably one of the last places I would start to look for the unique high I found within this red Thai.

I'd grab one of the land-race Thai's.

World of seeds have one called Wild Thailand that's more or less a stabilised landrace strain.

Really good smoke too mate, completely unique.

I imagine that strain would atleast give you a decent hard start on what you're looking for.

e2a: Quick google found that some of those pheno's do indeed go purple, red etc. after low night time temps lol .

Edited by Weedio

I'm staying away from WOS from now on. Bought a pack of Killimanjaro & Brazil Amazonia. Not one from the two packs germed when plenty of others did PPP(Nirvana?), Purple Satin (Private Breed) & a good selection of Namkahs seeds. I hope you exeprience different :wink:

TBS

having crossed a male afghan-durban into a top44 lady once , I can only say : Top44 is highly underestimated as a building block piece of genetics.

This cross I made finishes flowering at a stunning 38 days ( can be harvested at 40 though), and has a unique creeper high , and an original fine flavour.

Unexpressed genetics in a strain can be brought to life with the right crossing.

Don't forget Top44 is a skunk family member= sativa traits are still in it.

U don't need reputed strains in a cross to get a fantastic cross.

• Like 2

Psycho-tic - I am not interested in Top44, I am not interested in crossing Top44. I am particularly interested in what crosses or hacks you have or have not made with that variety :nea: . If you want to discuss Top44 then may I suggest you make a thread about it yourself :ouch::headpain: .

Arrogant, not me.

Trying to keep the thread on topic, yes.

If that strain is what you are into then fine that's cool with me I hope you enjoy it, TBH I very seriously doubt it is anything like what I am after, good day :cheers: .

Edited by Hashishin

Ayup Hashishin ya oreet bro?....dude i cant really help much with your search but that sounds a hell that strain to have.. :guitar:

dont be too hard on psycho-fella ere eh,think he's tryin to help but goin on the breeding thing which your OBVIOUSLY not interested in. lol:rofl:

:rofl:...but yeah this mate'a yours from years back i guess he's no help/not about/no longer a mate or whatever?!...hmnnnn,..looks like a landrace pickin session for you my friend...:rofl:...happy shopping man...bizzler.. :cheers:

Edited by bizzaro73

Hi Bizzaro, nice 1 lol:guitar:

The cutting in question is from a lost contact so that avenue will yield no fruits but thanks for the suggestion :rofl: .

:cheers: