Bud Smells Rank

webby

the only thing that ever really helped my buds smell nice, when they smelled like arsehole was to put some orange peels in the jars. one plant on my last grow already had a very strong, citrus smell, so i didn't need to do that ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skinny d

• sittingrelaxing

• webby

• Urakhai

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you can also sprinkle it in your trainers to keep them fresh.........

Cheers, sr. That's a more usefull tip than the jar one - and sorely needed! :spliff:

J

P.S. is bi-carb any good as a fungal protector? can it be sprayed directly onto plants?

erm, what sort of jar did you use???

i used an old pickle jar, bleached it out and everything, but for some reason this strange smell was stuck in the jar

[b-Dr]

If you're using a old food jar remeber to wash the parer seal in the lid as well

I have some jars saved up ready for curing, but they do smell. I will try to wash them out with bleach and get some air fresh tablets or something. But if I can't get rid of the smell does that affect the smell of the drying buds a lot?, or will the curing buds overpower the smell in the jar? or worse affect the quality of the smoke?

although buds tasting of honey roast chicken doesn't sound too bad. Not sure about branston pickle though!! :wassnnme:

;), yeah i'd had to smoke a blunt that tasted like a pickle....sheesh!

If anyone is worried about the seal smelling still....look through the cushions in your couch and gather about 75cents to buy another set....

Jordan

Checked the jars this morning, I left the tops off for a week and there is no smell in the jars. The lids were a different story, so am soaking them all day and see if that helps.

Not harvesting for about 3-4 weeks so got time.

You could try using VWP steriliser/cleanser to wash out jars to get rid of the smell. It's used to clean winemaking and brewing equipment. I've used it for that purpose and it's great stuff - you just leave things to soak in it. I'm pretty sure it kills odours, and any homebrew shop will sell it.

Take a look:

Hop Shop

ok REALLY REALLY stupid question :spliff: !

can Jars be anyold jar (like the ones which has things like jam init etc), does it havbe to be the ones where you can seal them?

how long can you store the bud? because i'd like to store some of my outdoor grow for the summer if its anygood.

Cheers Highest Grade

the answer is both... any food jar you find will have a seal on it... think about it, if it didn't, the food would go bad very quickly. :yep:

• 5 weeks later...

Cheers, sr. That's a more usefull tip than the jar one - and sorely needed!  :cat:

lol

i've only just seen this, i used to suffer badly aswell jonno..... :yep:

nice sr, i used to buy those little egg in a fridge thingys to keep smells awat till i realised that

i must have some scottish roots, p... lol

P.S. is bi-carb any good as a fungal protector? can it be sprayed directly onto plants?

i'm not sure j, i wouldn't have thought so,but i might be wrong.....

good question though....... ;)