lighting hint

the d.o.c

Mate save ur pennies for a sun system 2. Sexy as fuk I'm getting mine pay day I've done A LOT of research b4 choosing this bad boy. Not shy of 120 quid but worth it

Edited by Orangebudrules

Mate save ur pennies for a sun system 2. Sexy as fuk I'm getting mine pay day I've done A LOT of research b4 choosing this bad boy. Not shy of 120 quid but worth it

Cheers Bud

Gonna google them now for info.

Stay safe.

Personally I reckon, and i cant really back it up with fact, that any parabolic and vertical bulb will piss all over that sun system 2. No shade that shape as far as i'm concerned will beat the spread of a parabolic...especially a grostar...they are imo THE best shade on the market

Plus I cant see how any aircooled lights that have glass between the bulb and plants can compete no matter what the shape

Owd

• Like 1

Just set up my mini grostar and it looks really good. Excellent light distribution over the whole of the 1.2 m area. I think the plants will love it.

Personally I reckon, and i cant really back it up with fact, that any parabolic and vertical bulb will piss all over that sun system 2. No shade that shape as far as i'm concerned will beat the spread of a parabolic...especially a grostar...they are imo THE best shade on the market

Plus I cant see how any aircooled lights that have glass between the bulb and plants can compete no matter what the shape

Owd

That's exactly what I was looking for....big up for that Owd. lollol

The growstar it is for me then.....Just gotta try and find someone that'll deliver a mini to the Midlands..

Stay safe

PP

Just set up my mini grostar and it looks really good. Excellent light distribution over the whole of the 1.2 m area. I think the plants will love it.

I was thinking of going with the 42" growstar as opposed to the 32" mini, but from what I've read on thread posts the 32" may be a better bet as far as air circulation is concerned because the 42" takes up more space (less room for air to flow).

Was your mini delivered, or did you go with the place that does collection only.....??(that's in London and too far for me)

Thanks for your input Bro.

Stay safe

PP.

Bump

I'd just like to know of any comparative experience between the 1m parabolic and the 42" growstar (both with a 600 HPS).

So far I've got djay going for the growstar, but Greens report a lot of conflicting feedback on them.....so I'm not as sold as I was.

C'mon peeps......help me out here, already wasted too much money on sub standard reflectors, so would like to get something that's gonna do the job for a while to come.

Here's hoping. :(:headpain::wallbash:

I used both growstar's are very nice large though unlikely to get it through an attic hatch, yield I noticed no difference at all both took with 7g's of each other under 600w with identical clones and setup which IHMO is the same as identical when dealing with plants.

FYI the parabolic beat the growstar I found I could get the parabolic about 2" closer without burning the plant I think the miro on the growstar reflects more IR than the parabolic.

You could do a lot worse than to buy this

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Grow-L...-Light-1147.asp

and forgetting the lumatek (I have 1 and some magnetics overatted IMHO) for now.

Spend the extra cash on improved ventilation and heating you'll yield so much more than a growstar and lumatek will give you.

I used a kw in a parabolic in a tent that size and took 37oz my personal best from blue cheese.

I sold my growstar you'll have to pry my parabolic from my cold dead hands.

I did love the growstar it's very very funky but it's a PITA as well at 42" but then a built parabolic is no baby either.

Edited by Tutu

Howdy Tutu (was tempted to call you Desmond :wallbash: )

I liked the look of Greens' para and it comes requiring assembly so will (as you so wisely pointed out) fit through the trapdoor unlike the growstar (mini or larger).

Not only that, but it goes for a very good price giving me the financial room to sort out a 4" intake to go with the 5" CF and RVK (or Ruck....not sure of the diff)

And.........

I can pleasure myself with some of the seeds on my to do list

Thanks mate

Stay safe

PP.

I'd say fuck it buy a new 6" filter and fan combo and use the 5" as an intake, heater as well very important seems trivial now but come January you'll feel the difference.

Not suitable for everyone but I used a greenhouse propane heater which added co2 as well as heat without adding to the power bill.

If you like 80's skunk buy killer skunk I smoked some the other day and it's now the next plant I grow when I flower my present one out.

IMO in the height of the summer if you have no AC when it's very hot nothing beats a good air cooled hood. The Sunsystems Blockbuster air cooled hood is ideal for square tents (particularly the DR120) and is designed by engineers using photometric software. Yes, the glass filters a small amount of light, but you can get it much closer and the advantage of this outweighs the glass issue.

In the winter however a grostar or parabolic is best I would imagine.

Better yet, a light rail if you have the space.

Edited by Artificial Emotion

IMO in the height of the summer if you have no AC when it's very hot nothing beats a good air cooled hood. The Sunsystems Blockbuster air cooled hood is ideal for square tents (particularly the DR120) and is designed by engineers using photometric software. Yes, the glass filters a small amount of light, but you can get it much closer and the advantage of this outweighs the glass issue.

In the winter however a grostar or parabolic is best I would imagine.

Better yet, a light rail if you have the space.

Ran my parabolic straight through summer with a 600w in veg, improved extraction especially if you can drsaw air from a shaded side of the building.

I was thinking of going with the 42" growstar as opposed to the 32" mini, but from what I've read on thread posts the 32" may be a better bet as far as air circulation is concerned because the 42" takes up more space (less room for air to flow).

Was your mini delivered, or did you go with the place that does collection only.....??(that's in London and too far for me)

Stay safe

PP.

Hi pp , yes I picked them up and I think they are sold out now :wacko: , They look big but they look right, I am very pleased, good luck getting hold of one.

I used cooltubes for a while but the temps in the uk are so poor I didn't really need them and you do lose some yield. I just upped the extraction to a high powered 6" rvk and run at night and its fine. The cooltubes are in mothballs.

Edited by troy

Stay safe

PP.

Hi pp , yes I picked them up and I think they are sold out now lol , They look big but they look right, I am very pleased, good luck getting hold of one.

I used cooltubes for a while but the temps in the uk are so poor I didn't really need them and you do lose some yield. I just upped the extraction to a high powered 6" rvk and run at night and its fine. The cooltubes are in mothballs.

Tubes are the best reflector hands down, no contest piss all over the growstar and the parabolic just need to use them right.

Hang them vertical and they rule extreme, horizontal they're just misued and misunderstood.

Tubes are the best reflector hands down, no contest piss all over the growstar and the parabolic just need to use them right.

Hang them vertical and they rule extreme, horizontal they're just misued and misunderstood.

cough

First time I have ever heard that. Usually hear quite the opposite.

What's the smallest parabolic shade you can get, folks. Is there one on the market that will fit a 3'x3' room? Cheers

Edited by El Roacho