Effects of differing wavelengths of light on cana growth.

Randalizer

i put it on my thread but may aswell put what I said here aswell .

OK well , I chopped at 2 x 8 & a half weekers after their last 2 weeks under M/H instead of HPS & I have to say certainly more trippy high after smoking. Its a cloned GP & the guy who sorted me out asked what I'd done coz it was a bit zippy he called it and I left em a week longer as he chopped his at 7 1/2 , I think that goes a good way to proves it works.

So my findings are it didn't finish them any quicker but it certainly makes for trippier weed giving em 2 weeks of M/H before the :yahoo: ...... weird innit :yahoo:

If you have an M/H bulb give it a bash :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

this might be a little late I dunno and if this has already been brought up Im sorry.

Im using a sunleaves pioneer VIII that runs eight t5 54 watt H.O tubes and I have what I believe to be stocky veg growth my girls are about 3 and a half weeks old from seed the tallest one is about 4 inches tall and they are on thier sixth internode and pretty big.

my fixture has a mix of veg and flower tubes 4 veg 4 flower putting out 4k lumen per tube for a combined 32k lumens 16k lumens flower, 16k veg and I have been using this one light since they germinated. a couple of other things to take into account I suppose is that I am trying to supplement them with CO2 and I use H2O2 I dont know if that matters

here are some pics

post-55912-1277669338_thumb.jpg

post-55912-1277669355_thumb.jpg

post-55912-1277669370_thumb.jpg

They're looking right nice! :yep: I like T5's a lot but they're so expensive.

How much are they where you are from ? where Im at a good 400 watt HPS is about 150 more than this light 400 watt hps is about 400 bucks and this t5 setup ran me 250 new with warranty bulbs and all thats US money btw

but how much are t5 lamps? How long do they last?

I'm pretty certain one gets better results under an HID than fluros anyway. :yep:

but how much are t5 lamps? How long do they last?

I'm pretty certain one gets better results under an HID than fluros anyway. :yep:

replacement bulbs run around 30 dollars US a peice they sell single t5 strips with ballast and all for 40 dollars so not that expensive really I know they dont do better than an HID of the same wattage but In my experience they are A LOT cooler running. which to me = A LOT less money spent intially on extraction capable of keeping the area cool as well as the monthly expense of running said extraction plus a lot less noise. now I realise you have to have extraction regardless of what kind of light you use but the extraction I have now ( a 6in duct fan 250 cfm) wouldnt work if I was using an HPS in the same space. and they are supposed to outlast an HPS lamp if Im not mistaken bulbs have like 20k hour life or something, I could be wrong

Edited by terminal velocity

In my experience they are A LOT cooler running. which to me = A LOT less money spent intially on extraction capable of keeping the area cool as well as the monthly expense of running said extraction plus a lot less noise.

lol

Always best to decide what your space needs/can handle, and then build around that.

Edited by Randalizer

30 dollars for a 50 watt linear ?

Albeit a physics-defying one ...

:skin_up:

Edited by compostverte

Is that 2 foot or a 4 foot? How does it compare to a conventional linear fluro?

those are 4 ft and they produce 4800 lumens per tube

So a little more light (than a T12) for a lot more money, especially the multi bulb fixtures. The strips look like not a bad deal though. But again, lamp replacement is quite pricey compared to a T12

Edited by Randalizer

So a little more light (than a T12) for a lot more money, especially the multi bulb fixtures. The strips look like not a bad deal though. But again, lamp replacement is quite pricey compared to a T12

I was wrong about exact prices 56 dollars for a 4 pack of grow tubes , 44 dollars for a 4 pack of bloom tubes, 13.50 for individual tubes, I dont know how expensive t12s are, but t5s dont seem super expensive to me .