For Sr

oldtimer1

You could be right, i remember there's aerobic and anaerobic bacteria and they both live in ya filter, one breaks ammonia into nitrite, t'other nitrite to nitrate, i just don't remember which is which! But either way anerobic bacteria were involved in makin' one substance less 'armfull. :|

Edited by Muppet Paster

• 1 year later...
Guest scarfaceshady

this is that thread i was on about rydeon

bumped

great info as usual ot1

Edited by scarfaceshady

Good thing because I invested in a bag of quality soil for my second grow and skipped out on the unnecessary extras. Funny, Ive been doing most the things OT1 has suggested as it seems like common sense to me. I figure it has served me well to pay attention during science class, and ignore all those worthless grow myths "420 stoners" around here preach like gospel. Thank you OT1 for your rant of wisdom! I agree with you 100% on all accounts, and it was very well said. Grow on dude!! :headpain:

Edited by RydeOn

Thanks OT1 for an excellent and informative article.

So I'm not just being tight in not buying perlite/vermiculite!

Ta.

:headpain:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can some one advise on the the best texture siol currently available and wear to get some inoculent as ot recermends ,,,and also how much to add...also what is inoculent :)

Edited by aw33wa

inoculant is a mix of friendly bacteria that is soaked in the roots and sprayed on the foliage

it does loads of things for the plant mainly breaking down nutrients ready for uptake

I reccommend some fungus as well as some species are highly beneficial

My plants have never looked healthier since I used it its amazing

so what about a some product names or recomendations , some of us might not know what to ask for :D , I know advanced do one called voodoo juice, any good ? anything better ?

so what about a some product names or recomendations , some of us might not know what to ask for :unsure: , I know advanced do one called voodoo juice, any good ? anything better ?

OT probably knows more about inoculants than anyone else, I suspect he'd be the best person to ask. The inoculant EM2 and I use isn't currently available on retail sale as far as I'm aware, I was lucky enough to stockpile it while it was available.

Would trichoderma be classed as an innoculant?

Most definitely and quite a cost effective one from what I've seen.

e4 appalling spelling.

Edited by felix_dzerjinski

i went to my local garden center and asked about inoculants ,i explained they were a kind of bactirea that is added to compost that help nutes to be absorbed more easily ,,i got a very srange look from the gardener bloke and was told iv never heard of it,,,,,,,,,,,does any one know wear i can get some and its name ,,,,chears :ninja: