Petition To Legalise Cannabis And Other Similar Petitions

HvyFuel

Thanks for the support lizard, thankfully not everyone wants to hide.

in many cases it is a case of HAVING to hide dude

not everyone's position is so clear cut (in their lives / responsibility to others)

nor should you think i don't respect those who can stand up & be counted either

Guest Rex Mundi

Okay, sorted now, I've signed up.

The problem was, I signed the petition on my PC, but I always use my laptop for my emails and I used that to respond, and it was rejected.

Even though they have the same email address it seems that you must do it all on the same computer, so I redid the lot on my laptop and it was accepted.

I am aware that every computer connected is assigned a unique address, but I thought the objective was to verify email address, not computer address.

Never mind, sorted now.

edit smelling pisstake

Edited by Rex Mundi

Guest Rex Mundi

Damn damn damn

I forgot to put in 'reverend' as my title...

I'm still not used to the idea of being a reverend, I could kick myself, metaphorically speaking :(

Anyway, I'm there, under Alastair McGowan, isn't he a comedian?

I'd very much like to sign but the truth of the matter is I guess I don't have big enough bollocks. The main reason is obviously my grow but not only that, I have a relationship which I would like to maintain and therefore doing anything that would ultimately jeapordise my grow could very well lead to jeapordising my relationship and everything connected to it.

I admire and respect those who have signed if they've got grows on at the same time. :(

I know I'm not presenting a particularly good example of someone standing up for their rights but you have to measure the risks against the gains and unfortunately, in my case, I would prefer not to take the risk.

I think that the only thing I can do to redress the balance, imo, is to get a few of my non-smoking friends to sign the petition, thus doing my thing towards helping liberate us all.

Damn damn damn

I forgot to put in 'reverend' as my title...

I'm still not used to the idea of being a reverend, I could kick myself, metaphorically speaking :(

Anyway, I'm there, under Alastair McGowan, isn't he a comedian?

lol I always forget that too.

I do not want Cannabis legalised! I would rather see it decriminalised, that way more people would be able to grow without fear of prosecution and that would result in a larger amount being availiable for medi users

and cut the criminal element out of the picture, if everyone who wanted to grow could do so without persecution it would result in more people being able to simply give (spare) free weed to those(who are unable to grow) who needed it for whatever reason. Decriminalisation would aso avoid the need for those in power to

tax and regulate peoples grows and cut out all the red tape and monies involved in new legislation, income tax, vat and policing of such matters. If police (over) estimates of the value of home grown cannabis are to be believed then the amount of tax or vat payable on home grown weed would be a serious barrier to those on a low income/benefits as Im sure the jobsworths at the dole would penalise unemployed growers for (allegedly)having a source of income above and beyond state benefits. Its a nice idea but in my opinion it would give those who currently have too much say in the individuals rights of privacy, autonomy more powers to investigate and meddle in what should be a private citizens personal business.

The main problem I have with legalisation is that one government/party may give us the right to grow and regulate our own consumption of home grown cannabis and hold information on the person who has declared(for tax vat H&S or other reasons) that they grow for personal use, then further down the road another government/ party could easilly remove that right and then they would have a database full of names and addy's for the police to use in future raids, confiscations and prosecutions( as happened in the US when the laws applied by National government siezed grows and prosecuted people who had declared their grows under State laws which were at odds with Federal laws which allowed such grows.

I for one dislike the idea of the Government having more information about my personal choices and beliefs

than are needed and would like to see decriminalisation before legalisation as I believe it would serve everyones interests better to have the use and growing of Cannabis to be plainly ignored by the powers that be unless it affects another area of legislation (environmental issues involving the disposal of chemicals/equipment etc used in growing ).

Edited by Hughie Green
  • Like 1

i haven't had a verification email wot the fook is going on?

It means that they are heading round your house right now!

Flee!!!!

Guest Rex Mundi

At the moment, of all the petitions there, the cannabis one has the most votes.

legalise cannabis @ 46

resign immediately @ 38

Repeal the Criminal Defence Service Act 2006 @ 20

not bad for a start, it would have to be top of the list to deal with.

Thanks for the support lizard, thankfully not everyone wants to hide.

and not everyone has time to waste on lost causes.

in a country so full of injustice if I were in the mind to protest about anything legalising a bit of dope would be somewhere near the bottom of my list. The only cause worth fighting for in the whole legalisation debate is the medical one and if sativex ever gets licensed that battle will effectively be won.