• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wolvenstien

• Stoned Again

• mr munchie

• Perfect Haze

I love hidden rooms, they make me a little bit excited. Good job there wolfenstein, but are you going to paint the inside white or stick mylar or something up? I notice you've done it with the inside of the door?

I love hidden rooms, they make me a little bit excited. Good job there wolfenstein, but are you going to paint the inside white or stick mylar or something up? I notice you've done it with the inside of the door?

:rofl:

Yes, Once it gets to working right, and whats growing in there now (bag seed) is harvested we are going to paint it flat white and go from there. I just happened to have the thermal blanket tarp that I used as a door so instead of just tossing it to the side, I figured I would go ahead and put it on the inside of the door for now. When we paint, the inside of the door and the box will all be white.

Wolf-duder this post is fuckin mint bro,love a good room build start to finish...,guess you've checked out leepy's work??

anyow nice one mate,n nice plant'age to suit the room ay. :rofl:

My brother has a roommate....

I know, I know.... never grow in such a situation.... the roommate is trusted, my brother and the roommate have known eachother for years and bla bla bla... the roommate does not know about the grow, though if he did, he would be totally fine with it.... the excuse that has been used for the construction is that it is my room.... I closed off the opening, and for a good while he didnt know it was a door... then he came down to the basement one night to do laundry and the door was wide open while I was still constructing the box and was like "wow" :yep: but I kept him out of it, and told him it was my private room for my "private" play time with special friends.... I was building a gimp box and if he asked any more questions he would be the first one to occupy it.....

So... due to this issue of a roommate, I want to add an alarm to the upstairs kitchen door that allows entry to the garage that allows entry to the basement. When the kitchen door opens up, I want it to alert me or my brother when we are in the back area that someone is coming down....

I have looked at a few 12 volt buzzers at Radio Shack (does the UK have Radio Shack?) and thinking of combining it with a door tag.... What cha think?

Here is one of the buzzers:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2102817

I havent added the buzzer yet, but I have added a vent system to vent it outdoors. I was originally thinking of doing 8inch out and 6 inch in, then realized that were I cut the 8 inch hole, I would not be able to add the vent duct because of the household ducting was in the way. So I opted to close that hole, move the hold over and use all 6 inch. I found a nice 250cfm inline duct fan that I added to it along with a thermal switch that shuts off the fan if the temp gets too low....

It has helped with keeping the humidity in the 60s with the door closed and sealed. The humidity was getting into the high 70s and 80s before I put in the venting system.

Picks attached.

post-39867-1231690307_thumb.jpg

post-39867-1231690319_thumb.jpg

post-39867-1231690329_thumb.jpg

The humidity display, and the thermal switch for the fan....

Lookin' good! Just wondering, why didn't you decide to plant directly into the dirt floor?

Well, now that you ask.... the original idea was to do a lowered bed into the earth. But we had the issue of water run off when it rained and until that was fixed, I didnt feel it would be good to plant in the red clay soil. Here is a thread of the water run off problem....: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...p;#entry1600961

Once the spring comes and I am able to dig out the area that is allowing the water to run in, and get it fixed I will probably rebuild the box to both make it larger and to use the earth as a bed to allow the plants to grow larger.

• 2 weeks later...

all those pictures and still i dont understand how the cabinet or door is stealth....

half earth, half concrete, stealth door/wall ?

i dont see anything but a grow cabinet......im confused

nice one wolfie! :) Two things;

ya need to get some white on them walls! Mylar, whatever.

Where in the states are you? I'm in san fran. :spliff: