Ice Hash For Free.....

BushDoctoR

whats up 420??

ive read up on loads of ways to make hash, and being a cheap skate (and a poor one at that!!) i wanted to make it as cheap as possible (free) :guitar:

anyways, heres what you need

> a large glass bowl, the deeper the better (one you are allowed to stick tape to)

> a jar or something (to act as a cocktail shaker)

> a pair of tights (or that mesh stuff if you have it)

> lots of ice (at LEAST two trays worth)

> a few jugs of water (the colder the better)

> a ladle

> a few coffee filters

> a waste bucket

> frozen trimmings/bud (break it up, by try not to powder it)

> a spoon

> some tape

> a couple of extras bowls and plates on hand help

step 1> get your ice & trim frozen, i leave them over night.

step 2> cut out a square big enough to stretch over the large bowl, and tape it down (you want it firm but not too tight), you should now have what looks like a drum

step 3> fill the jar one third of the way with ice, fill it half full with water, and then add some of your trim, leaving a fair gap for air, and shake it up for a minute or two

step 4> pour the contents of the jar through the tights into the bowl, and scrape the leaf & ice off the screen and put it in another bowl or something

repeat steps 3 & 4 until your trim is done, then do it again with the wet trim to make sure you get most of the crystals

you should be left with a green liquid, remove the tights and allow the liquid to settle for an hour (i heard this should be done in the fridge but im not sure if its a neccecity)

an you should see loads of stuff at the bottom, thats your hash :bush:

ladle out as much water as you can with out disturbing the bottom and pour the rest of the water through coffee filters, if you do it right, most of the stuff with stay in the bowl which can easily be scooped up, and the rest will be in the filters

squeeze your wet powder in coffee filters to remove most of the moisture then break up and dry out for 24 hrs, you can smoke it like that, or compress it in your hand as i do to turn it into a solid

results will vary depending on quality of trim, and how much the tights are stretched etc, but blonde hash is possible with this method

so there ya go, good hash is cheaper than soap :yep:

[b-Dr]

Edited by BushDoctoR
  • Like 22

• 1 month later...

superb thread.

I've got some trim hanging about and i was interested in making some ice hash. Trouble is i'm too tight/broke to spend $150 (never found UK site selling) for the ice bags.

I was thinking of going to a printers to see if i could get the correct grade screen/filter but here i am and the answers right next to me.....Get your tights off Mrs Hophead :yep::soap:

The other option i had was to try the butane extraction but that sounded fiddly and i've not found where to but clean butane

Do you dry the trim before freezing, and how much trim d'ya reckon you'd need to start getting results.

Nice thread, I've fancied making ice hash cos I've never had it but the bags are waaaay to expensive, I'll give this a go when I've got the trim. :soap: I don't care about the weight of my first harvest, but the wait is heavy, man.

• Like 1

yeah, dry it out as much as possible before freezing

id say you'll need at least a few handfuls of good trim

when i harvest i remove the leaves by hand, and make sure i get the whole leaf, the stems have so many crystals that would be missed by trimming round the buds with scissors

[b-Dr]

oooooooooh i like that must try it soon as been thinking os getting a hash maker of some sort now i dont need to. Thank you very much kind toker. ;)

i dont think you can appriciate how much youve helped me out here bushdoctor.ive allways thrown my trim cos i can be arsed to tit about making oil and ive not got the cash for icelator bags(£200 fuck that!)but thanx to u pal the days of no hashish r gone. nice one mate!!!! :smoke::stoned::spliff:

i thinks ill be passing on this very useful info to a few pals too!

soapbar is poison!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

i saw a 2 bag bubble sac thing on (i don't know if i'm allowed to link) [LINK REMOVED] It was is the smoking accessories section for £65. they had a 5 bag one for more though.

Edited by sittingrelaxing

'nother daft question (I've got a lunchbox full of trim spread out & drying in my wardrobe :ouch: ) does it work better with whole ice cubes or with the ice broken up a bit ?

Cheers (Can't wait to give it a try, just half cut my first harvest - this growing larks getting better and better :bush: )

Edited by Boojum

im not sure accually booj, ive only done it 3 times so far, always with big cubes

but im guessing large cubes are best (more aggition to knock of trics and that)

id like to say that the above method is not written in stone, its just my way of doing it

so any suggestions to improve it will be welcomed as well as questions :ninja:

[b-Dr]

Tried it out last night, just waiting for the dust to settle, so to speak ;) (:) I keep checking on it about every ten minutes - it's slowly settling, the top inch or so of water is now almost clear, and I can see kinda gritty bits & white frothy bits at the bottom :bush: ). Had an idea for how to get the most out (pikey, but I'm not proud) - I'm collecting all my shade leaf to make cannabutter, so I'm gonna add the used trim from this cos I reckon even if all the trichomes are gone, there's gonna be a little bit of THC locked up in the leaves. Also when I pour off this water, I'm gonna use it for the boiling water when I make the butter - that way I figure I'll get any trichomes that haven't settled out.

Mmmmm, hash cookies & home made ice hash for the England - France game :) . Nice one again for posting this, BushDoctoR ;)

Sounds great from the responses. I got some Ice-O-Lator bags (2 set) for £32 last year and got some nice Ice hash from them :headpain:

I freeze the trim whil it's still wet, fresh from the plant....

This way you tend towards a cleaner hash, the dried trim nivariably some veg matter dried and dusty coming through......

Hardly a disaster, you still getting lovely smoke, but if you want cleanest...(though slightly smaller amounts), you use your trim wet and frozen.....

Mono....x

• Like 2

Another couple of observations, cos I've just done the other half of my trim. First time I used a glass bowl, second time I've used a stainless steel one, cos it seems easier to scrape hash off metal than glass (I used a filter paper first time, but I think I lost a lot in the weave, so I'm gonna decant the water off as it settles & let the last evaporate off). That's my second observation - in decanting and setting aside the water, more matter is separating out, but the first lot is kinda khaki grey (I'm red green colour blind, so it may be another colour entirely, but it looks khaki to me), while the second lot is creamy white, so it appears the pouring off of the water could be used as some kind of grading, but I'll have to test that out once it dries out ;)

I reckon we should put together a spoof kids TV show, with DIY bong making, this ice hash recipe & various other tips from the site, call it Green Peter :blub:

• Like 3