Know Your Pests

bart

brilliant guide.. thanks.

i think i have them fungas knats

anyone know anywere i can get some spray to sort them ? ASAP ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Good post. :rofl:

It happens sooner or later; Sooner in my case. Got mites 6 weeks into budding. No visible signs yet. Only on Mothers. I'll be able to finish and rid the room of the little buggers...BUT I KNOW THEY WILL BE BACK maybe not in the near future but next year for sure. lol

have to keep vigilant and a good eye so as not to start something that you cant finish.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

So I have been battling white flies (frickin buggers!) and have refused to go the sprayer route and have instead opted for biological control; vis a vis white fly parasites (Encarsia formosa). This is a slow process but I am starting to see improvement. Here are some pictures.

1st picture is of the underside of a sun leaf. The white dots are white fly nymphs. They don't move when in this stage. The black dots are the nymphs which have had parasite eggs inserted, nymph dead and most likely the Encarsia formosa has flown away to breed some more. :wassnnme:

2nd picture is of the card the eggs are attached to. They hatch within two weeks. My apologies for not getting better pictures.

post-31962-1214204730_thumb.jpg

post-31962-1214204810_thumb.jpg

Edited by Randalizer
  • Like 2

Another leaf picture. I'm still having to remove a lot of white fly infestations by hand but a lot of progress has been made.

post-31962-1214205120_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks a milli Bart. I think we have a major thrip infestation on our outdoor crops. This def needs to be sorted but at least I have an idea of what Im working with.

QUESTION: are the spider mites capable of spinning webs on your plants?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

forgot to add my grateful thanks for this info..superb !

even tho its miserable to all who have to come seeking such info, we need to know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice one Bart. Thanks to you mate i have sussed out my

problem with spidermites (Roll that man a huge fat one) :unsure:

Cheers man cool guide :wink:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

That's what i love about this site all the answers are here those little black flys i know what they are now and how to get rid of them wicked info.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...