Cantheism

bubblebandit

I wouldn't even dream to try and say I was of Rastafari no chance, but out of curiosity anyone know if rastas get off scott free for smoking 'the hurb'?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HvyFuel

• utokia

• bubblebandit

• Twenty Three

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt anyone would be kept on remand for any length of time if their only crime were a percy grow scarface but those who choose the course choose to face the consequences.

The Rastafari have a perfectly valid case but none have chosen to present it to the ECHR bb.

The right to practise your religion or belief is a qualified right. This means that an interference with the right can be justified. The circumstances in which an interference can be justified are similar to those which justify an interference with rights under Article 8. (See above: the section headed ‘A qualified right’ under Article 8).

:spliff:

Aye, but the European variety of pissed up flashing judge rather than homegrown. The point I was making is that the final decision that can be made on any HR issue is made in Europe.

Guest scarface

hi hvy, thanks for all the info you have posted its definatly interesting stuff

a little question though and im not going to ask which one as its none of my business, but do you believe in the religion you practice completely and whole-heartedly, no exceptions, or just a part of it? for example like alot of people that claim to be christians dont do anything christian or even believe much of 'the book' etc

thanks bud :headpain:

Edited by scarface

The thing about Cantheism is that you may believe, or not believe, whatever you wish, imo. It doesn't matter whether you're using cannabis to worship God, Allah, Buddha, Satan, Einstein, or Venusian bacteria, or an atheist seeking personal spiritual peace, the fact that your using cannabis spiritually is all that matters. Again I have to mention that I only speak for the CA and certain other Cantheist groups are dominated by single belief systems.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gert Lush
the fact that your using cannabis spiritually is all that matters.

Interesting stuff, Hvy!

Can you expand a bit (now that we've got the right subforum lol ) on how Cantheism defines spiritual use of cannabis?

I mean, how does it differ from just getting caned?

Interesting stuff, Hvy!

Can you expand a bit (now that we've got the right subforum :doh: ) on how Cantheism defines spiritual use of cannabis?

I mean, how does it differ from just getting caned?

Not we get to the nub of current ECHR law, you don't have to. A sincere statement of spiritual use is all that is required. It is up to the individual to define spiritual use, not CA or the law. Put into base terms, if you believe that, by your own definition, your use of cannabis is, in any way, spiritual you are a Cantheist and therefore protected under international law. But, one point, your use is protected but only private use in your own home. I'm pushing the point a little using an Article 11 to promote judgement of an Article 9 but there's a firm, recent, precedent and most EU governments wish to be seen to be absolutely fair on religious issues at this time. I think it's looking good but I'm biased. :doh:

And I'm happy to discuss any part of the theological basis of the CA or legal issues therein but I will keep repeating every now and again that all this has yet to be proven in court. We're on the edge but not quite there.

Edited by HvyFuel

Guest Gert Lush
A sincere statement of spiritual use is all that is required.

Wow, that's amazing! I never realised we had such enlightened laws.

It sounds like something out of the early days of American Independence.

I suppose that leaves just one little question. Who makes the call on what's "sincere" and what is only a pretext?

That depends how long you wish to keep asking. If you're doing something illegal it's a bit obvious that the authorities who decided what you're doing is illegal are highly unlikely to believe you are sincere. So you're eventually going to be asking the ECHR to decide. If you're not breaking any law the authorities should treat your stated beliefs exactly as they would any mainstream religion without question.