Medical Strain List

hemlok

*White Rhino*

I have always considered myself a recreational smoker. But as I get older I am beginning to realise some of the medical benefits of the herb. I recently grew\smoked some WR. I found it was very good at relieving back-pain and also stress and anxiety. But the interesting thing from a medical point of view was that I found it to be somewhat lacking in the recreational side effects that I enjoy. This could be a very good trait for a medi strain, no?

MYH

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hemlok

• sittingrelaxing

• Muggles

• Arnold Layne

hi b420 it's a real pleasure to meet you budd :oldtoker:

yeah most of the info i have also been reading pretty much comes up with the same conclusions, but it doesnt mean we cant still have a facking good crack at developing 'ailment' specific strains, you just never know.

also put some bids on some 'medi' strains over at cbay, karpov, romulan x ubc chemo and another blue something or other ?! i cant remember ;)

take care everyone and wrap up warm.

hemlok ;)

Hi hemlock

Just got some romulan x ubc chemo this morning from a medseed site. There is real good talk about the strain. Along with mango from KC brains.

Also from medseed sites i have been giving other strains that have had positive medical effects for others.

These include Black Widow x G13 , bogglegum x NL , and Black &blue princess which is blackwidow/g13xblueberry*blueberry/iceprincess :oldtoker: phew.... took me a while to work that one out.

Hello

Bauldelaire

It is important to build a data base up of syptom relief

anti anxiety strains etc

i myself found some medi weed to strong or foul tasting, communication with grower sorted taste out ,

it will be good to know what type of weed are best for specific conditions

i believe this is where we are aiming a research of conditions weeds and growing of such

as a medi user and with medi knowledge and having much in the way of illness and disease two seperate entities in my book i want to know which weed suits and how its grown. Having been the guinea pig for some curious weeds i can and do give feedback, not being a stoner these days its also a medi use verdict

i think resourcing and networking with growers experimenters and users will bring about a wonderful array of information.

totally agree with your comment on a single weed, again not where this is coming from..who knows in such infancy where this will lead or indeed end..

bright blessings

mj

Cytral,

Sorry to butt in.

I've just noticed your new avatar piccy. Did you know that it was taken in Central, Hong Kong at the Cenotaph, not long before the handover?

Always loved that pic, it was not staged, the wind just happened to lift the guys kilt as the photo was taken. Brave men, those of the Royal Scots Guard :blushing:

:)

Woof

Cheers for that jd...I just spotted it, and it made me chuckle. 'ard as nails! :)

Sorry to go off topic everyone :)

*White Rhino*

I have always considered myself a recreational smoker. But as I get older I am beginning to realise some of the medical benefits of the herb. I recently grew\smoked some WR. I found it was very good at relieving back-pain and also stress and anxiety. But the interesting thing from a medical point of view was that I found it to be somewhat lacking in the recreational side effects that I enjoy. This could be a very good trait for a medi strain, no?

MYH

As I said, I'm smoking White Rhino at the moment. But, the next lot to be grown will be White Shark. If asked, I think that White Shark is a better medi-smoke (for MS), and a better "recreational" smoke. I've found White Shark to be the most consistent deliverer of the goods...medi wise, and recreational. Opinions...the world is full of them!:blushing:!

Take care :)

Hello peeps...

been off for a while - usual health crap; anyhoo.... I agree with everyone!

I reckon that one needs a good cross section in a medi-gro; I also find that different plants meet different needs. Indica for muscle spasms, nerve damage pain, restless limbs and sleep probs; But they are heavy, so also a sativa dom cross for the daytime?

Currently got a couple of LUI seeds germinating, plus a Afghani {HGF}, one of the latter already in full production. On the whole, Skunk seems to suit me about best these days.

Someone mentioned cannabutter and eating - I've tried it all sorts of ways, never seems to work for me though. Leaves others in orbit, whilst I'm sitting skinning and feeling robbed! Must have a dodgy gut or summat?

:blushing:

hi arnold,

do you eat it on an empty stomach?

i' ve found that by eating your cake/butter on an empty stomach then after 1-2 hours eat something,(not to big and greasy) i get two disstinctive hits.

the first is very mild(sometimes hardly noticable) but after the food the hit is more

balanced and pain freeing and relaxing.(music also sounds good)

my trouble was not getting enough quality sleep because of pain, i can know sleep most of the night and wake up feeling rested. i will always have pain but my recovery time is getting shorter.

sittingrelaxing

I reckon that one needs a good cross section in a medi-gro; I also find that different plants meet different needs. Indica for muscle spasms, nerve damage pain, restless limbs and sleep probs; But they are heavy, so also a sativa dom cross for the daytime?

The best daytime (any fucking time!) smoke that I've had, is NL#5xHaze. Medicinially it hits the spot, without nailing you, and opens up some very pleasant headspaces lol

I haven't tried anywhere near enough different types as I would like, but NL#5xHaze gets the nod as "The Daddy" from what types I have smoked. I've just got some Blueberry Haze seeds :ninja: and intend to be smoking that on Xmas day (you can't rush these things!), and, if it turns out how I hope it will, I think there may be a "New Daddy". Blueberry and Haze...together... ;) :head-stand: ;)

High everyone, i trust we are all safe and well ??

quick update on the auction front we have just won some 'Karpov' from bluegrass this is the info for her:

Description of Karpov : This is strain is one of my favorites. Crossed 3x with blueberry add in some AK47 from Serious Seeds and presto you have Karpov. Excellent strain for pain relief and arthritis. Flavor is blueberry and it is powered by the knockout blow of AK Type: . Our most indica dominant strain 70/30Indica/Sativa; Height: 4 feet indoors; Flower: 6-8 weeks; Yield: 100-120 grams

and all for $21 (that's £12.79p).

I have also started 3 bluehaze they are currently in thier fyba pots soaking up the rays B) all 3 are 2weeks on weds.

take care everyone

hemlok :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

B) Good afternoon everyone, hope it's as sunny where you are ??

In our neverending search for decent medstrains i have started bidding on a strain called 'Kasparov' this is the write up,

Description of Kasporov :Blueberry(Dutch Passion) x Blue Kiev(Blue Russian x ak47). This is one of our top yielding strains and will deliver a knock-out blueberry flavored narcotic stone. Excellent for pain,depression or anxiety. Type:50/50Indica/Sativa; Height: 4 feet indoors; Flower: 6-8 weeks; Yield: 160-200 grams

If anyone has already tryed this strain any info is always appreciated :)

keep safe everyone

H

hi h,

never tried it, but sounds like a decent smoke :cat:

and only £12.79p :) how many seeds do you get for that?

is the blue haze growing well ?

cheers

sittingrelaxing :)

Missed your post there SR. sorry about that.

I always try it on an empty stomach, and have tried your method precisely {that's how I take pian-killers}.

Maybe I just need to ramp up the dose, but by how much? Hmmm....

Yeah, know what you mean about pain - I'd love a full night's sleep again!

hi h,

never tried it, but sounds like a decent smoke :cat:

and only £12.79p :) how many seeds do you get for that?

is the blue haze growing well ?

cheers

sittingrelaxing :)

High sr hope things are all groovy ??

you ususally get 10 seeds from bluegrass not really all that sure on the other breeders but they all do say how many you get, with a little luck you never know we might just get em for 12.79, but these seeds have attracted a lot of attention in the past guess we will see soon enough eh?? they are listed as $80 on the BG site so anything under that is good really :)

The BH are well, to be honest mate i am not to happy with 2 of them they have gone very yellow all over ?? the other is happy green and healthy ?! all 3 fed watered exactly the same way smae time etc, the only 'food' they get is a weekly seaweed bath and they thrive in it so i dunno what's going on wiv em ?! any ideas ??

take care my friend

H

:( high everyone, hope everyone is well ??

just a quickie ?!? we won the kasporov auction lol in the end it was $29 which is £18.19p ;) they ususally take around 2 weeks to arrive so i will post more when they arrive and i get em started.

take care everyone

hemlok