Medical Strain List

hemlok

:P high everyone hope we are all keeping well ??

As some of you may have noticed we have a new forum, we (m.j and hemlok) are here to answer all your questions on growing your very own med's !! trust me it's a lot easier than it sounds :ouch:

I am still working on a medical strain base specifically for med users, so far i have 9 strains which all claim to help different medical conditions. they are as follows,

beauty and the beast (pure indica)

black mamba (mostly I)

Fieldale Haze (mostly I)

Hawaiian Indica (I/S)

Hypno (I)

Misty (Mostly I)

NL 5 (Mostly I)

Pot of gold (S/I 75/25)

Romulan x Ubc chemo (I/S hybrid)

most are just good pain relief strains except NL5 and Fieldale Haze which are good for MS and Arthritis.

Like i said i am still working on this, apart from anything else it's keeping the old grey matter working ;) and i am sure there are many many more 'med' strains out there so if anyone does know of a particularly good 'med' strain please dont hesitate to post it up, with the particular condition it helps to alleviate.

take care everyone, more updates to come soon !

hemlok ;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hemlok

• sittingrelaxing

• Muggles

• Arnold Layne

MJ doesnt grow but shes there as well as in medi forums to help where she can.....

on medi questions

great to have brave peeps growing to research medi weeds for their properties .hoping to find a cure-all weed....

bright blessings one and all

oopp's sorry bout that m.j forgot to say that you will be more involved on the actual effect's (good and bad) of different strains ;)

keep safe buddddd :ouch:

hemlok

Hi there,

Dont really have any experience with what makes a strain a good / bad medi weed strain as i smoke purely for recreation but Blue Velvet is supposed to be a good anti anxiety strain. From the Dutch Passion catalogue ....

Mostly Sativa. A very productive plant of high value as a medicinal herb. Bred for it's euphoric anti-anxiety high, this mostly sativa (approx 75% sativa, 25% indica) produces a comfortable and enjoyable, yet powerful experience. The plants are tall with long branches making this beauty a great plant for "screen of green" gardens.

Not sure if they still sell it tho im afraid ;)

Found this on Cannagentics, which seems to detail every strain ive ever heard of and then some. Good reading, but ive a feeling quite a few of the strains are strictly clones or crosses that dont seem to make it to our shores.

peace

Chilli

High chilli, hope all's well with you and yours ??

thanks for the link to cannagentics i have been looking at that for some time now lol good strain base very informative.

also yeah i have heard of bluevelvet it's in the big book of buds, one of dj short's strains, he is always putting beans up for auction over at cbay it could come up for auction ;)

keep safe budd

take care

hemlok

This is only my own opinion,& I am sure others will have their own feelings on this,depending on thier own reasons for using medicinal cannabis.

Different cannabis strains do certainly have different medicinal qualities im sure,and alot seems to come down to personal preference.What some like,others dont enjoy & vica-versa.

Sativa strains tend to give me an uppy buzzy feel.Rather than calm me down this can actually make me feel slightly "wired" if I smoke too much.Good for being able to get on with things,but can leave my brain tangled like spagetti,if I have things on my mind.Not so good for pain relief.When I have Sativa,I tend to limit it to a daytime smoke.

Sativa strains I have grown for my own personal use are sensi a few years back,& more recently Cinderella99s.

Indica strains on the other hand tend to de-stress well and stimulate the appetite more.A heavier smoko,enables me to relax better too,levelling me out & makes me cope better with stuff.Good for serious pain relief.

Indica strains I have grown for my own personal use are NL & Hawain a few years back,& more recently White Widow X Afghani.

Ideally I am searching for the perfect Indica/Sativa hybrid,and there are certainly enough different strains to choose from. When I go to Dam I enjoy sampling all the different weeds & tend to find anything from the "White" family does it for me.

I am particularly interested in MrNice's " Medicine Man" strain,which seems to come from White Rhino,and makes impressive claims about its medicinal benefits.Spliffdaddy has mentioned he has some on another thread in this forum & look forward to his forthcoming reports about this strain.

I've just grown, harvested, and am smoking some White Rhino. I can say, that for MS, it is a first class smoke. It deals with muscle spasms very well, and the bladder control is *normal*(ish!) :nuke: (as opposed to the bladder when it's low on weed: drinking one cup of tea and pissing three!). Definitely has to be shown respect if smoked during the day :huh::blub: But, a great smoke for taking you down a notch or two, both physically and mentally...a good calming smoke, in a troubled world.

Good thread :blub:

Thank you very much to everyone who has posted :nuke: your are all helping to bring together the best medicinal strain list on the planet :huh:

There are breeding projects planned for later this year (our very own uk420 med strain) unfortunately like a fine wine these things do take time so please do keep putting up the posts of your med strains or anything else you think might be of help.

take care everyone

hemlok

ps this snowhite is :blub:

found this on usa site.

What is the best medical cannabis strain?

Over 500 patients have weighed in on the type of cannabis that best treats their disorders. The results are:

Indica - 127 25%

Mostly Indica - 66 13%

Indica/Sativa - 90 18%

Mostly Sativa - 64 13%

Sativa - 68 13%

Don't Know - 96 19%

AAMC is aware that different strains help different types of medical conditions. Migraine, for instance, seems to respond best to Sativa's while muscle spasticity is best relieved by Indica. Sativa's tend to be higher in THC and CBN (Cannabinol) while Indica's tend to be higher in CBD (Cannabidiol).

THC is the psychoactive component of cannabis responsible for the "high". CBN is a degradation product that can produce sleepiness and CBD is a nonpsychoactive agent whose mechanism of action is unknown.

Interestingly, one out of every five respondents (96) doesn't know what strain they use and another one out of five chose a 50/50 mix. Apparently it's not a major concern for these folks or they like aspects of both strains. Of the balance 38% prefer Indica or Indica dominant to 26% who prefer Sativa or Sativa dominant. One could say that Indica's are a clear winner but not by much. Without laboratory analysis of Cannabinoid profiles, a scientific finding is impossible. What is evident, though, is that most patients do know what works for them and it varies depending upon condition(s).

found this on usa site.

:nuke: can you see into my computer ?! sitting ??

i have literally about 10 mins ago just added it to my faves ?! v scary mate :blub:

take care budd

hemlok

personally i find indica's work for my muscles where as sativa's deal with deep pains

ie nerves,headaches. but just like normal drugs i need to change type and how i consume it,( smoke,vapourise,eat canna butter, and drinking it)to get the benifits of it.

but i've learned "my pains" and what works best for what.

drinking and eating work best of all for my pain but are not practical to have all the time.

sittingrelaxing :blub:

I have been in touch with Valerie Corral many times over the last several years in researching the medical applications of cannabis strains for StrainBase. She is a bright and brave woman who has done much to bring credibility and legitimacy to California's med mj movement. Last summer, after the feds raided her county sheriff-supervised gardens once again, she got together with the Mayor and city council of Santa Cruz and gave away cannabis to med users on the steps of City Hall.

The relevant conclusions from her 3-year study of 77 patients:

"C. indica appeared to be superior to C. sativa and "other" in improving energy and appetite; otherwise, no differences in strain effects were observed."

I have heard this again and again from med users, that indicas are their preference virtually for all ailments. Anecdotal statements to the contrary seem to be just a matter of individual preferences; i.e. some folks prefer a less heavy indica/sativa hybrid to a straight indica. Very few med mj users prefer sativas, however, very few have the opportunity to acquire or grow sativas either under the current conditions that exist in the med mj community.

I think trying to distinguish which strain is best for which ailment is analogous to trying to distinguish which brand of aspirin is best for headaches vs. joint pain vs. muscle pain. Individuals may have their preferences, but the active constituents are more or less identical.

And thus is so with the extant cannabis strains at this time. Anyone trying to promote a single strain as the best for a particular ailment is most likely trying to exploit the strain for commercial gain. The current research evidence suggests that no such correlation exists.

-b420

Cytral,

Sorry to butt in.

I've just noticed your new avatar piccy. Did you know that it was taken in Central, Hong Kong at the Cenotaph, not long before the handover?

Always loved that pic, it was not staged, the wind just happened to lift the guys kilt as the photo was taken. Brave men, those of the Royal Scots Guard :oldtoker:

;)

Woof