Big List O'genes...

synack

Was just wondering, but isn't Romulan a Korean strain, brought back from that war, by Canadian vets, that bread and re-bread it, over and over again, to finally come up with the perfect breeding mother plant phenotype? This is the info I have gleaned from looking into this particular strain for a number of years, because it's lineage has always intrigued me. A Sativa from Korea? Hell, I would of thought it was way to cold there to even grow cannabis! But from my research into this particular strain, everything I have read, or spoken to other Canadian breeders backs this story up 100%. I was informed that it took 20yrs to get to the GOLDEN MOTHER PLANT PHENOTYPE, of which I have been told is a clone only strain. They told me that if you get seeds called Romulan, they are probably Romulan crossed with something else, so definitely not a pure Romulan, but probably something worthwhile to grow anyways. I ordered ROMULAN seeds last year but have not grown them out yet, I am saving them for 2010. To grow and experiment with. I simply do not have the time to breed seed stock this year, It requires great patience and care, in the picking of the right male, which by the way is the most important aspect in breeding seeds. Look for the stankiest, well formed male, and use it to cross with whatever you are trying to breed it into. Of course you always want to try and have a good female seed repositor, but I have found the female is the less important of the two parents, and besides, who wants to take a nice female and turn her into seed stock, when you could just use her to create fine sinsemilla! Anyways, this year I am growing GRAPEFRUIT KUSH, which by the way I would like to know it's genetic heritage, it is not listed on the list of lists. I get that it has Grapefruit in it, I just want to know what kind of Kush heritage it has, as there are so many different types of Kush, anybodys insight into this would be greatly appreciated! I am also growing SENSI STAR, which I know nothing about either, so any help here would be greatly appreciated also. The third strain I am growing is SWEET PURPLE, which apparently did not make the big list either, so help on lineage for this one would help also, all you strain wizards out there. Also but not least, I am growing AFGHOOEY which I know is a cross between AFGHANI#1 CROSSED WITH MAUI WOWIE. An awesome strain that AFGHOOEY, I grew it last year and it is my own personal smoke, that I guard like a lion! I tried to grow LETHAL PURPLE, but for some unforseen or not so unforseen reason they all started to bloom, as soon as I moved them outside. Bummer, I had to chop them all down as I have no time to waste on confused plants, you never know if they will snap out of it, or go into this half flowering half vegging state, never truly growing to their true potential, and the topper, never ripening. Big drag, and a waste of a lot of money on my part. I guess I learned never put early flowering strains outside till the middle of May. I should have known this, but in all the preparations moving things from in to out, I overlooked this major detail, what a dumb ass! Oh well they say the wise man learns from his mistakes, and the fool never does, and I ain't no fool! Gonna be adding pictures of this years garden soon to my album, I already have some from when I first put them outside, but they were considerably smaller in the last photo shoot. I think everyone that checks out the pictures will be impressed at how much they have grown over the past few weeks. So if anyone can give me some insight about the strains that I am growing that are not on the mega-list from this thread would be greatly appreciated!!! One more thing, we had freaking hail, lightning,and a torrential downpour, like the Monsoons that hit the subcontinent and South East Asia! Freaky to say the least, This is all happening in June by the way, when where I live the temperatures this time of year are usually in high 70's to low 90's, sometimes even over 100 degrees farenheit Our high this week was 70 degrees, the lows got down to the low 40's. Weird damn weather, if I do say so my self! Well enough of my rambling, and I beg for someone to answer at least some of my questions, and if you have any for me, I would be thrilled to answer any questions! SINCERELY PEACE OUT JAMES420.

• 1 month later...

dude u forgot the coolest cali strain of all .the best pain reliever,the best purple flav of all,and the true never gets old strain .THE GRANDADDY GRAPE APE PURPLE. hands down top notch bedtime herb.little to potey for the daytime. but ur list is prett tight.the

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I grew two strains that aren't in the list for my lastgrow:

Ko Kush

The Jack

(spam)

My setup wasn't optimal, as I hacked together an irrigation system that din't send enough nutes to the Ko Kush. The Ko Kush was an excellent smoke, albeit a small crop because of the lack of nutes reaching them. The Jack gave a great high and a great crop (approx 0.9gm/W)

Edited by bart
remove spam

• 2 weeks later...

lovely bed time reading Synack... i can dream of beans for hours with that list... an update would be the icing on the ganja cake :rofl:

cinderella ninetynine

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great thread smoke.gif , took me a while to read all the crosses but very imformative.

yours,

zyra

<Edited to remove external link>

Edited by Arnold Layne

• 2 weeks later...
... an update would be the icing on the ganja cake ;)

Personally, I reckon an update would be impossibly inaccurate considering what's been crossed into and out of various named varieties over the last 4 years. Especially in the Dutch scene with all their cannabis cup secrecy and posturing. but that's just me! :stoned:

Personally, I reckon an update would be impossibly inaccurate considering what's been crossed into and out of various named varieties over the last 4 years. Especially in the Dutch scene with all their cannabis cup secrecy and posturing. but that's just me! :)

Yup....maybe I'll have a bash, but my list of todos is long, and an update of that list is pretty low down on it! As you said Jim, would be a bloody nightmare to get anything resembling accurate now I think...

• 5 months later...

synack that's the most detailed strain bank i've had the pleasure to read,actually i got half way through the A's and thought thank the fella-nice one

• 4 months later...

how many countries have their 'own' strains?

wud it ever be possible to create a list of the purest strains?

a mammoth task, but where does one begin?

ef