Are You Pagan / Wiccan?

Sminky

Guest dr rockster

:D

I was deeply engrosed in Norse mythology during my chemical crusades - throwing runes instead of shapes :yinyang:

I had a bag of rune stones,years,I mean YEARS ago. Never got into the tarot but I did like my rune stones. Not so much about divination as showing possible outcomes.

Yeah,did too much Bott and Kemp acid back then! :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boojum

• Pendoggo

• Sminky

• Twenty Three

Guest dr rockster

there are those whom are brought to this world , with the knowing, this is old english or as some would say gifted

alexandrian etc are very new forms of paganism there are so many versions of wicca /pagan, that finding your own path and expanding upon it will become your own way.

to me nature has much more to offer than chrisondom, whos bleatings are bastardised versions of paganism.

each to there own, be of what faith you believe ,but never demonise a belief of another.

Amen to that sister. :yinyang:

Completely ignorant about Paganism and Wiccans but it sounds like a very personal type of faith. Are there any basic rules or beliefs that define it? Do you pray? Who to? I like the nature aspect of it and I guess pagans and wiccans are more connected to the nature and the seasons than others but I wonder what sort of teachings does it have when it comes to society. Just seems like most of the big religions tell you what is morally right and wrong and I am completely clueless to what these forms of religions teach in that rrespect and picture things like human sacrifice etc when I think about pagan forms of religion.

Can you be a yuppie and a pagan at the same time?

cheers twenty three that was what i meant yeah, Gerald Gardener! thanks.

"to me nature has much more to offer than chrisondom, whos bleatings are bastardised versions of paganism.

each to there own, be of what faith you believe ,but never demonise a belief of another." I couldn't have put it better than that myself MJ.

eski.

"Completely ignorant about Paganism and Wiccans but it sounds like a very personal type of faith"

"Are there any basic rules or beliefs that define it?"

good to see your honesty there mate, yeah some pagans or wiccans see there faith as a private affair, others are proud to shout about it. unfortunatly the pentagram has been perverted by rock/goth music and horror films so not everyone who wares one is aware of the meaning or the power behind the symbol. just like christians have the cross the pentagram is a very powerful symbol in wicca and paganism it defines the 5 elements Water Air Earth Fire, and you.

There are two main rules

An it harm none do what thy will.

And the other is the three fold law.

rule one: An it harm none doesn't mean acting like a wanker because you feel like it, it means so long as your actions are not going to hurt anyone mentally physically or spiritually then you can do what you like, with in reasion. then the three fold law, basically this is a cosmic law that says if you do good and honerable things then good things will happen to you but at a larger ratio to what you did, if you do bad things then bad things will hapen to you, but on a larger scale

i could explain things in greater detail but i fear the mods would boot me in the arse for turbo posting or something google something called the Wiccan Reade, there are many versions of it around as the Reade is a very personal thing to any wiccan, but it will give you a better insight to the code of ethics if you like of the wiccan religion. also google wicca or witchcraft or something similar that may help.

oh and ps. the flying through the air on a broomstick and making candles light just by looking at them and all the "magic" that you see happening in the films is rubbish, True magic is a lot more subtle than that.

blessed be

Edited by GH05T

Cheers Ghost. I'll search those suggestions and read up on the subject more. I tend to think bad things when I think of the Pentagram. Like someone mentioned earlier, most of the traditions we have seem to incorporate alot of earlier pagan beliefs and I'm kinda interested in the knowledge early farmers/civilizations had. They seemed to have more knowledge about the earth cycles and astronomy than the church who seemed to place themselves in the centre of the universe. When science came along it seems like people became too clever and did'nt really bother to look at or understand the earlier wisdoms so to speak.

Not that I'm a yuppie but I guess I asked that question because I think that paganism/wicca-ism seems to be more of a lifestyle. I guess I stereotype pagans becasue I know nothing of it and think that it would be a conflict of interest if you lived a certain way but had these beliefs. Well it seems incompatible with modern society.

My home made religion just takes parts and beliefs from other religions just so I can prove that I made an effort on judgement day if one of the religions does indeed hold the truth.

So far Ive got the sacrament from the Rastafarians and....

...well...

...Ive not been doing it for very long :guitar:

I am intruiged by paganism and wicca and have been told by a clairvoyant that i was a wiccan witch in a past life..which was interesting to here..

i am attracted to the connection with the earth, its rhythms and natural medicine and the fact it teaches respect for all aspects of life...

im not so much into the ritualistic stuff, but fasinated by the herbology and karmic lessons..

id say i am very eclectic religion wise, and see truths in buddism, paganism, wicca, christianity, hinduism and islam.

• 6 months later...

Personally i think religion is the surrender of reason and rationality, it is the bastion of those who are afraid of there being nothing after death. Everyone has their own choice though, as long as you are not doing harm to others believe what you want. Then again saying that, think of all the wars religion has started....