• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boojum

• Pendoggo

• Sminky

• Twenty Three

My other half is a Pagan and likes to celebrate the Pagan festivals however she was upset that she didnt get to celebrate halloween (think its a pagan new year or summat) << can someone enlighten me as to what it is??

T1

i think theres more than a couple of Onanists here.... lol

...thats my coat over there isnt it?

:unsure: A fair few I'd say.

But did you know cf,that old Onan himself was not guilty of a spill on the ground via hand shandy...it was more a case of coitus interruptus

lol A fair few I'd say.

But did you know cf,that old Onan himself was not guilty of a spill on the ground via hand shandy...it was more a case of coitus interruptus

i didnt ...actually i thought thats what his sin was ,sowing his seed on barren ground....the bathroom floor perhaps?

i'm gonna shaddup now as this is a sensible thread that is now degenerating into another wank discussion....

....have i logged onto urban by mistake ?

Edited by cf

i didnt ...actually i thought thats what his sin was ,sowing his seed on barren ground....the bathroom floor perhaps?

And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him.

And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also.

He was banging his dead brother's wife,but pulling out at the crucial moment in rebellion at the idea that,through a peculiar tribal law, any resulting child would be credited to Er.

i'm gonna shaddup now as this is a sensible thread that is now degenerating into another wank discussion....

....have i logged onto urban by mistake ?

:ninja:

I was deeply engrosed in Norse mythology during my chemical crusades - throwing runes instead of shapes :wassnnme:

boojum,my family roots are in Scandinavia,I was not implying anything about Nazi's,Wotanism etc.I was only saying that it interests me.As you have said Anglo-Saxon/European religeon is most interesting.

Sorry dude, I wasn't for a second insinuating that you were on the nazi/Wotanism side, just observing how they appropriated Odin/Wotan and twisted the mythology to suit their own sick philosophy lol

yeah im wiccan. have been for years.

was brought up to be catholic by my parents, one day sat in church something occurred to me. if there is a God then there has got to be a Goddess. That thought was running around my head for years. Anyway to cut a long tale short i eventually found wicca and i found myself being more comfortable with the wicca/pagan way of thinking.

most of Christianity is based on pagan/wiccan belief system. Christmas is such a festival, Easter is another, although the festivals are similar they are vastly different,dependant on your belief system.

just in case you are interested there are two main branches of Wicca. Alexandrian and Gregorian, again both forms or schools of wicca are very similar but both teaches very different things. oh and you don't have to be part of a Covern to be either pagan or wiccan, i have been a solo practitioner for years.

hope this helps

P.S sorry to tell you sminky but Christmas is a pagan / wiccan festival.

Edited by GH05T

My other half is a Pagan and likes to celebrate the Pagan festivals however she was upset that she didnt get to celebrate halloween (think its a pagan new year or summat) << can someone enlighten me as to what it is??

T1

yer bascically right, pagan new year in effect is samhain aka halloween, dressin up was to be one with dead on their night the changin of roles between living and dead, role swappin in effect, jack o lantern with face = ward of unwanted visitors from spirit world, offerings games and sacrafice were all part of the festival, animals would be slaughtered in honour of Samhain, and offered up, the bones from these animals were laid in pyres, hence gave birth to word bone-fires later bonfires, most of what u know as halloween is a pagan celebration

thank god am an athiest though hehe

are u the poipular peoples front of judea? hehe

one quick note on the "godess" lilith adams first wife from the bible painted as the concubine of lucifer later, monks were so scared of her in the day the used to sleep with a cruxifix in one hand and the other hand clutching privates incase she came in the middle of the night and had her ways with them hehehe

Edited by dr_green_thumb1974

just in case you are interested there are two main branches of Wicca. Alexandrian and Gregorian,again both forms or schools of wicca are very similar but both teaches very different things.

I think you mean Alexandrian and Gardnerian GHO5T,with Alexandrian wicca having grown out of Gardnerian although it would be more accurate to state that Alex Sanders plagiarised the rituals provided by Gardner who had himself originally cobbled together 'Wicca' from various sources.

Essentially,Wicca is nothing more than a religion created in the 20th century by an eccentric ex-civil servant and bears little resemblance to genuine Witchcraft whose lores and knowledge are still practised in the British Isles,but this is knowledge passed down through an oral tradition and not through mass produced paper back books that you can find on the shelves of your local Borders or whatever.

Thanks for that, very helpful! That reminds me does anyone have any good ideas for annoying Christians at this time of year, maybe spike the communion wine or something :yinyang:

About as sick as it gets really :D

yeah im wiccan. have been for years.

was brought up to be catholic by my parents, one day sat in church something occurred to me. if there is a God then there has got to be a Goddess. That thought was running around my head for years. Anyway to cut a long tale short i eventually found wicca and i found myself being more comfortable with the wicca/pagan way of thinking.

most of Christianity is based on pagan/wiccan belief system. Christmas is such a festival, Easter is another, although the festivals are similar they are vastly different,dependant on your belief system.

just in case you are interested there are two main branches of Wicca. Alexandrian and Gregorian, again both forms or schools of wicca are very similar but both teaches very different things. oh and you don't have to be part of a Covern to be either pagan or wiccan, i have been a solo practitioner for years.

hope this helps

P.S sorry to tell you sminky but Christmas is a pagan / wiccan festival.

there are those whom are brought to this world , with the knowing, this is old english or as some would say gifted

alexandrian etc are very new forms of paganism there are so many versions of wicca /pagan, that finding your own path and expanding upon it will become your own way.

to me nature has much more to offer than chrisondom, whos bleatings are bastardised versions of paganism.

each to there own, be of what faith you believe ,but never demonise a belief of another.