Are You Pagan / Wiccan?

Sminky

Just curious how many we have here (I would suspect quite a few)

Funny thing is it's something I've been reading a bit about lately, and the more I read the more I think I may have been Pagan for years and never even knew it!

So whats the next step for a fledging Pagan? Do you get the yellow pages and join a local covern or something? :headpain:

And it's not just because I can't stand Xmas either!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boojum

• Pendoggo

• Sminky

• Twenty Three

DEFINITELY not to be confused with Wotanism, even though Odin and Wotan are analogous. Them bloody nazis twisted everything to do with germanic/scandinavian pre christanity, as if it wasn't bad enough the bloody Romans rewriting it and then the bloody early Christians whitewashing over what was left :smoke:

No

Thanks for that, very helpful! That reminds me does anyone have any good ideas for annoying Christians at this time of year, maybe spike the communion wine or something :smoke:

Without wishing to offend anyone, and just speaking from my own personal point of view, not saying "This is how it is." merely "This is how I perceive it to be." we (well the europeans anyway) are all pagans by nature, if you subscribe to the view that God didn't make people, people make Gods. The pagan Gods are our gods, they are the Gods our ancestors created. The Gods of the Middle East (while no less valid) are not our Gods because we didn't invent them, they are the Gods of the desert, we are not a desert people, our Gods are the Gods of tree and leaf, rain and snow, stream and mountain, sun and moon.

Like I say, REALLY not intending to offend anyone, merely put forth my view - the folklore, myth and legend of a people is intrinsically linked to them, they create their beliefs and their beliefs are shaped by the world they inhabit.

Thanks for that, very helpful! That reminds me does anyone have any good ideas for annoying Christians at this time of year, maybe spike the communion wine or something :smoke:

How can one word be annoying? Some people are so touchy about Christians. You asked I answered. lol

Like I say, REALLY not intending to offend anyone, merely put forth my view - the folklore, myth and legend of a people is intrinsically linked to them, they create their beliefs and their beliefs are shaped by the world they inhabit.

It is never offensive to put forward your point of view. It is only offensive if you get nasty and deny others the right to theirs. :yinyang:

If it fits use it. I think religion is an entirely personal matter and whatever you choose to believe is as valid as any other belief. Ignore those who attempt to tell you what to believe, only you can decide that.

:yinyang:

Thats pretty much how I see it too Boojum.

I was brought up a Christian, parents even sent me to Pathfinders, but even at 8 years of age I knew that a whale swallowing a man and spitting him back up was a load of bollocks invented by a foreigner!

Guest budassbud

You mean a tincture or a wooden spike? :nea:

My birthdays on xmas, I sometimes wish it was just a normal day. I'm gonna get absolutly wasted at xmas and then get fit (just like last year :yinyang: )

I like the idea of holding on to my lost roots bit i dont know if I would be barking up the wrong family tree, need a dna test really.

I dont belong to any organised religion, this country aint a Christian country, hell i must be something if i believe we are being watched, we have so many words, I must be catagorised some how...... nah im prolly not easy to fit into a box neatly in the corner, but if your frollicking around in the woods naked and there are some girls and some shrooms there i'm wit ya. I refuse to burn people alive tho less they are bad abd abd abd at spelling :nea: bad

Thats pretty much how I see it too Boojum.

I was brought up a Christian, parents even sent me to Pathfinders, but even at 8 years of age I knew that a whale swallowing a man and spitting him back up was a load of bollocks invented by a foreigner!

Dunno - I fall into the trap of saying such and such a belief is a load of bollocks, but Pen and Hvy are spot on - it's not right for me, that's all. That's all any of us have is our own perception, and while my perception of reality may be different than someone else's, neither of us actually experiences reality, just our perception of it, both as valid, and neither objectively 'right', just right for us. My only real resentment of organised religion is that a lot of 'believers' see it as their duty to 'convert' you, whether you like it or not.

:yinyang: Sorry, one day I'll post in a thread without going totally off fucking topic :nea:

Just curious how many we have here (I would suspect quite a few)

Funny thing is it's something I've been reading a bit about lately, and the more I read the more I think I may have been Pagan for years and never even knew it!

So whats the next step for a fledging Pagan? Do you get the yellow pages and join a local covern or something? :yinyang:

And it's not just because I can't stand Xmas either!

erm being pagan aint an escape from seasonal festivals, u might just learn where chrisitan ones come from mind you :nea:.

Wicca and paganisim have many forms and guises just like christianity, but as i suspect you know its a more earthly some mistake for hippiesque beliefs, have a wicca pal who believes in fairies and fearies, a fearie is like a wicked naughty fairy if you like, things go missin in a pagan house chances are the fearies are to blame :nea:

She wont escape "xmas" though, its just diff strokes for diff folks really..... a few days prior to christian xmas is the winter solstice, offerings and celebrations will ensure, in diff cases to diff figures in pagan/wicca worlds, some may follow the "green man" others like my pal will do her own private thing, to lilith her "goddess" and who she follows if u like and seeks guidance from, just as a catholic might jesus

"I think I may have been Pagan for years and never even knew it"

hehe that made me laugh no end, ever celebrated halloween? Then you have taken part in pagan festival, Samhain is the festival the church took from the pagans, changed it into the days All hallows eve and all saints day, funny they come from much older traditions like the wicca man burning by germanic tribes and celtic pagans where the veil between life and death, 2 worlds, is thinnest on the day pagains celebrate samhain and dress like the dead and invite them back to this world fer one niught only, same time year south americans follow the "day of the dead" another festival of the dead....all just a coincidence? or nicked festivals taken and polished off to sit on christian shoulders?.....paganisim seems natural to many from these places, its was after all the natural religions of these lands once upon a time, and with its more earthly nature based approach akin to buddisihm seems less strict to many thus appealing

:nea: just make sure u know what any sect of any belief is before u jump in head forst before ur prancing about the woods naked at 3am covered in fig leaves and chanting mantras :(

is loads sites online u can get talkin to other pagans and pick info up from, they have the old masonic type lots though wont tell u nothing swell :(

If it fits use it. I think religion is an entirely personal matter and whatever you choose to believe is as valid as any other belief. Ignore those who attempt to tell you what to believe, only you can decide that.

:headpain:

Bang on Hvy :yahoo: