Feminised seeds???

Spliffy.

High there,

I've used fem. seed from Dutch Passion: Oasis/NL#2

-> I found a great mother from just 3 seeds, with no hermie problems at all.

All the best & Happy growin' :(

Trichome

I recently bought some feminised Durban Poison from Dutch Passion. I didnt read the warnings on the web page befeore i grew them as i got them from an agent in the UK. From 10 i had 7 hermaphrodites!!! What a pain. I had recently changed to a pure sodium rather than a agro/gro lux bulb and used bloom solution early to keep the height down. I read their web page afterwards and found out that these things can reduce the incidence of females. So let this be a warning to you. Fantastic strain though. I hadnt grown it for nearly 8 years, and i was suitably impressed.

Guest THE PUFFER

A lot of the time plants can be driven towards male tendencies due to certain stresses created by the grower. A good, experienced grower could get a female plant, but an inexperienced grower could make the same seed a male plant. I'm not saying you caused your plants to hermie, chip, all I mean is not everything is decided as soon as the seed splits.

Guest THE PUFFER

Nor did I mean I use only female seed either. Both feminised and regular seeds have their uses within th G-R. I would never use an all female seed as part of a breeding program, only because I am not 100% sure how the female trait was concieved (unless it was my own). I have no idea as to how Dutch Passion (and others now) go about producing their female seed and how 'strict' they are and I wouldn't risk a hermie characteristic within my breeding.

yes, its interesting. I am aware that environmental stresses can cause hermaphraditism. when i first started, i had way too many hermies and i eventually realised this was due to light pollution. Just the smallest amount of light through a tiny unseesn crack. After realising the importance of light security i have had many happy crops, with extremely good f/m ratio's. each new grow room is now thoroughly checked for any pollution possibilities. But, I am open to suggestions as to what else can induce hermies in your plants.

PS. After throwing out the DP hermies i have started some Skunk/afghan, at 4 weeks flowering, 3 males, 7 fems, and no sign of hermies yet. The only difference is that I have changed back to a planta bulb. I'll keep you posted as concerns the results.