Do You Believe In Karma?

SirBob

Nope. I don't believe in reincarnation and so karma cannot exist, since as has been previously stated karma operates over lifetimes not within one single lifetime. I don't believe in more than one lifetime. And I don't believe in any carrot and stick method of religious morality either, karma, heaven and hell, it's all the same thing - do the right thing not because it's the right thing to do, but because if you do you'll be rewarded and if you don't you'll be punished. That's not morality at all, it's simple selfishness, doing something because you'll be rewarded for doing it. That's not being a good person, that's just being a selfish git with a long gameplan. You do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, end of story, doing it for any other reason isn't moral, it's just a clever kind of selfishness.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theory

• ninorc

• Father McPot

• SirBob

Nope, Call me sad but I beleave that when we die thats it.

Just gota make the most of life, and do what ever the hell you want to providing no one else gets involved in any bad way what so ever.

sorry but i know to many wankers who done very bad things who through crime live the life of rockstars.

if karma exists then its turned a blind eye to to many people for my liking

I believe in reverse karma, the nicer you are or try to be the more the universe shits on you and from increasingly greater heights.

And how is that philosophy working for you?

I still think its a nice concept. I hate the idea that people see others being selfish and think, hey it works for them - it'll work for me. When in fact, in many ways Karma does work.

I am a nice person, I am surrounded by nice friends and good people.

I know some wankers, and I know some nasty people. I also see that they are surrounded by wankers and nasty people.

If you want to know a little about yourself then take a good look at your friends... chances are you're very similar. So nice guys might come last in a power/money/possesions type way, but often not in any other way... imho of course.

Edited by theory

• 7 months later...

I think there is a more practical explanation for Karma. Example - If you treat people like shit and have no manners or politeness of any kind, it's very likely that one day something bad will happen to you (lose your job, get beaten up, etc).

It's simple: If you are polite and treat people with respect - you will probably be liked. But then again you can't help encountering arseholes at some point in your life who are just nasty to anyone.

Guest dr rockster

But does the landmine salesman always get his?

Sure,we are but the sum of our decisions so generally speaking be nice not nasty and chances are you will do better but fate and chance often make karma(do good,good things will happen)irrelative in this life like just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

i see many believers in karma yet not as many signs of dharma so i dont beleive it as all to often bad things happen to good people

and karma was hijacked a long time ago to cover many non events really should not be chalked up to actions towards anyone else. Example was bad karma to walk over road and get knocked down, nope lack of due care caused own suffering nothing do with karma stop lookin for a crutch

Guest Mike Hawkes Massive

At the risk of enraging the crazy Karma collective, i am utterly convinced that it is just another load of man-made bullshit.

The only thing I don't like to see is when someone who loses faith in karma decides to drop their moral code because of it... we should be good decent people even if its just for self respect's worth. I live as though it does exist, not necessarily believing in the mumbo jumbo part, but certainly believing in the part Father McPot explains.