• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theory

• ninorc

• Father McPot

• SirBob

I like the idea, but i am starting to think it may not exist. I try to be the best person i can be, but still life shits on me time and time again, and im starting to belive i have PBLS (persistant bad luck syndrome)

I'm now thinking about not giving a f*** and being a right c*** for a few months, to see if there is any marked difference in my life or happiness. ;)

Bob :stoned:

cf is the one person on here who I'm sure can give you a better answer than this but from the East where ideas of Karma originate the idea that what goes around comes around is NOT a correct interptetation of Karma. If you break Karmic law it is not exactly that you will suffer because of it, that is a lazy western way of viewing this. If you break Karmic law you have to work of this 'bad' Karma in ensueing lives. So although you might not suffer any direct comsequences for 'bad' past Karma you will have to accrue better Karma through better actions. In effect the way I understand this is that if to come to some spiritual completeness you require 100 more reincarnations if you accrue 'bad' Karma then the result may be that you now reguire more than 100 reincarnations to accrue 'good' Karma that balances out the 'bad' Karma.

Karma is cosmic law, it is not quid pro quo

i agree with hir, the general hindu and buddhist idea is that what u suffer in this life is from what u did in the previous life, we all have alot of karma to work through to get back to the baseline, so the idea is not that if ya nice to others today, u will get good stuff happen to u tommorow, but if ya live in and love the moment, ya spirit is free of karma, no matter what happens to ya body, or so im told

No .

Used to , dropped it last year and my life couldn't be better now .

I found my life restrained by living to rule of karma . It's controlling .

I like the concept and adopt the mentality of "treat others as you wish you be treated yourself"... sometimes failing, but as long as I am a decent human being then I have hope there are others like me. I simply don't assosciate with people who have little or no honour.

I like the concept and adopt the mentality of "treat others as you wish you be treated yourself"... sometimes failing, but as long as I am a decent human being then I have hope there are others like me. I simply don't assosciate with people who have little or no honour.

Thats pretty much how I see karma too. Its common sense really. If you are a person without honour then who is going to want to be friends with you ? Who is going to want to do you favours or help you out ? If you live your life honourably and try to help others then you will for the most part attract others who are honourable and they are the people who are going to make your life pleasant and they are the people who are going to help you out where possible which is where the good things are going to come from. I dont believe in the future life bit, I think you are here once and you had better make the most of it but I do believe in random chance so you may still have shit things happen if you are a good person and visa versa. I think that Buddah was actually laying down a set of rules for living a harmonious life rather than any mystical buisness, just think how good the world would be if everyone followed Buddah's teachings.

Edited by forest dog

Guest scarfaceshady

unfortunatly :band: and fortunatly :spliff: yes

unfortunatly, because i got some bad karma coming my way i reacon but fortunatly coz i like to think that some of the real cunts out there will get there cumupence sometime

peace

scarface

Edited by scarfaceshady

Karma is cosmic law, it is not quid pro quo

Indeed, Karma is immutable and universal, so it operates whether you believe in it or not, and has its equivalent in the material world in Newton's third law, of reciprocal actions: 'for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'. The operation of karma over life times isn't obvious to those preoccupied with day-to-day living in this incarnation, but those who engage with the work to heighten their consciousness apparently become increasingly aware of its operation and the mechanism speeds up, so that the karmic consequences manifest almost instantly. Or so my teacher told me!

I'm not sure. Frankly it does not sound like a very fair system. A little to systematic too perhaps. I don't like the idea of being born with bad credit and not on a equal par because of what my soul did in a previous life. I almost like the simplified version of action and consequences in this life but believing in a system where theres a finite number of souls and they constantly get recycled as time goes by - Nah. I guess it sort of sorts out the overcrowding problem in heaven - as we all don't go there when we die but instead just remorph into another body and try to gain further enlightenment.