Are My Sedlings Dying?

bigfatbuds

Hi folks,

This is my first post on uk420 so first off would like to say hi to everyone. I have read a lot of posts over the last two weeks which has really helped me with my first grow.

I am growing 2 femaleseeds grapefruits which have been under 24hr blue enviro for the last week. The first 2 jaggy leaves that have formed are turning a very light green/yellow colour and the secondary leaves which are very small at the moment are also very light and have a brown tip. Also the growth rate has really slowed over the past few days. I was wondering if anyone knows the cause of this and what I can do to fix it. forgive the picture, the macro on my camera is a bit shit.

post-17517-1163676223_thumb.jpg

Edited by MDP

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• compostverte

• Arnold Layne

• Owderb

• bigfatbuds

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest joedaman06

just leave them they will fall of anyway when the plant gets bigger , it looks fine all my seedlings now are a slight yellow ,how close is thew light and are you watering with just water or nutes

joe.....

just leave them they will fall of anyway when the plant gets bigger

I'm sorry but thats not good advice at all :doh:

Your seedlings look like they are overnuted and if left they will die :(

Like said before what are they in and what if any are you feeding em :unsure:

Owd :yinyang:

also good tiime to upcan them to a 3 gallon or 5 gallon pot, if space allows.

:yinyang:

Edited by compostverte

repot em upto bottom node and use some perlite this time

Bottom node ???

The poor thing's barely got one. :yinyang:

Edited by compostverte

looks like nitrogen deficiency to me. no sign nute burn or leaf curl.

And what can cause any lock out.........Too much nutes thats what ;)

A seedling has enough stored nutes to keep itself going for the first 10-14 days ;)

Owd :yinyang:

Edited by Owderb

not such a good idea at that stage of it's life imo.

I agree.

And it's actually amazingly short anyway.

A bit too much to hope it would have enough strength to make new roots.

Edited by compostverte

Pot them up????

They're already in too big a pot IMHO. And, I suspect, in a compost not well suited to Cannabis growing by virtue of being either too rich or having a Ph outside of the range required..

More info is required, as Owderb has said, before anyone can venture a half-useful diagnosis.

sorri I did mean the cotyleydons but this was general advice for when he did pot up not like immediately...the plant will feed off the cotyleydons too at the beginning so no nutes needed and with good compost you need no nutes till flower imo

whats daft about that?

i often start seedlings in 3 gallon or 5 gallon pots. No transplant stress then, duh!

It is generally accepted as bad practice to start seeds in bigger pots. They will not form a decent and dense rootball, but rather a thin maze of lazy roots. It is far better to start them off in very small pots, and wait till the rootball is fully formed before potting them up in gentle (small) stages until they finally enter the size of pot required for flowering. Since rootball health and vigour is vital to yield and potential-realisation, this is an important part of growing and needs to be understood.

This I have learned by experience and by listening to more seasoned growers.

There is clearly a problem with the compost being used in this pot, and until we know what compost is being used all and any diagnoses can only be guesswork.

whats daft about that?

Sorry if I jumped on you - it just seemed a bit of an odd suggestion to come from an experienced grower.