Envirolights & Yields

StonedBrittania

[quote

So how's the grow coming on man?

Are you on track for .6g/w??? :headpain:

already harvested that grow and yeah I believe ill get between .5-.6 gpw still drying tho

Mostly done with a 400 watt HPS ?

No mostly done with a sunleaves pioneer 8 t5 ho fluro and a couple of damar 85w cfls

last week of flower was done with an hps. but not much I ran it a few times during flowering so I could test the box for temps and so I could take pics of the setup and show em here. the same when I bought my tent i put it up and moved everything in there so I could test how everything was working so I knew how it was going to all work BEFORE i planted my blackberry and NYPD that I have down now.

I still stand by everything I said about the t5s tho, they do extremely well in veg and flower pretty damn good too

and regardless of your previous arguments HEAT is much less of an issue. and Id continue to flower with one if my needs had not of changed in regards to the quantaties that I need to yeild now.

anything else you wanna know?

Hello 420'ers How are you guys doing ? I'm in the middle of s bagseed grow and 3 weeks 2 days into flower

I moved my girls from a 4x2x4 homemade box with a 4x2 tray that held 8 6in cups with my girls in them

being fed by a dripper even though the roots were submerged under a t5 8 bulb fixture to

a 4x4x6.5 tent under two 400w HPS I changed them from those pots sitting in the tray with the drippers to individual 5 gallon buckets doing a DWC

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...=227292&hl=

Must have done a good 5 weeks under 800 watts of HPS. ?

Did you stay with your plan to fit the 500-odd watts of fluorescents in there as well ?

It's important to be accurate in a thread like this.

I'm amazed how much growth you managed under the fluorescents though.

Edited by compostverte

Hello 420'ers How are you guys doing ? I'm in the middle of s bagseed grow and 3 weeks 2 days into flower

I moved my girls from a 4x2x4 homemade box with a 4x2 tray that held 8 6in cups with my girls in them

being fed by a dripper even though the roots were submerged under a t5 8 bulb fixture to

a 4x4x6.5 tent under two 400w HPS I changed them from those pots sitting in the tray with the drippers to individual 5 gallon buckets doing a DWC

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...=227292&hl=

Must have done a good 5 weeks under 800 watts of HPS. ?

Did you stay with your plan to fit the 500-odd watts of fluorescents in there as well ?

It's important to be accurate in a thread like this.

I'm amazed how much growth you managed under the fluorescents though.

yes and that tent is what im using now. I tested the temps with the lights as I needed to make sure that i wasnt to hot with them so I used my bagseed grow to do it, however my temps had not been as sorted as i thought so i was still using the t5.NOW i have temps sorted ive added another fan dedicated to the tent, and my original fan I got with the tent 4in 175cfm is now pushing A/C through the cool tubes I DIYed not to long ago. in all honesty in all the time its been since that post ( over a month ) I have primarily flowered under my t5 because I had to redo my extraction a couple of times before I got temps under control.

the only additional lighting that I really added was two damar 85w cfls and thats when they were still in that 4x2x4 box.

now I will admit they had some time under the HPS, when I was testing temps Id take out the t5 and run them, while IM sure thats beneficial, I dont think the few times I had it on while taking pics and testing constitutes saying I mostly flowered under it.

IM sorry I was not better in documenting things , IM not good at that I dunno why,not a dumbass i just think diffrently and kinda work backwards.

one thing ill admit to you is that fluros dont give the kinda penetration as an hps.

I knew that tho.

I however still believe they can do damn good. my cousin whon has all day to dedicate to his decided this go hes going at it scrog. I cant see why he wouldnt get the same kinda results as an hps then.

I changed to hps because my needs changed.

business is up as we just got a contract and im not home a lot like I have been, and i kinda need a minimal effort kinda setup thats maxed out to its potential.So DWC buckets with two 400w cool tubes sounded the way to go

one thing I wont agree with you on is that fluros are hotter than hps.

now I understand what you say about the laws of physics and how your ballast gets hot no matter what and I agree HOWEVER if that is true why is it to run even one of my 400s in that tent I need my 6in fan going (thats if it isnt cool tubed) and with my t5 I do not? the t5 and the ballast is all included in the fixture, so regardless of what one would think in theory wouldnt the physical evidence of the HPS bulb alone putting off more heat than the bullbs and ballast of the t5 proof enough that fluros run cooler?

wouldnt you think that if someone was to deal with the penetration issues of fluros by doing a scrog ( which would require a lot of time) able to compete with HIDs then ? I would..... anyway sorry to rant on. but no, besides the time I had the hps on for testing and pics no they were flowered with a t5. Not because I didnt want to flower with the hps, but because they got to hot which lead me to cool tubes and an additional fan.

ONce again sorry for not being so accurate in my explanations this probabaly was rambled and jumbled together as Ive never really been on forums much before this one.

I have started a grow diary. my first. in this new setup the way i have it now. im running blackberry and nypd having some issues with a few not doing anything after popping but I put a few more down today using the idiot proof method from the FAQ.

maybe having a grow diary will help me be more scientific and accuratre with how i log this stuff.,

just switched to a 300w red enviro for flower. Have always used a 250 hps for all stages with previous grows. Just thought i would give the enviro a go as hps ballast gets so bloody hot even though temps are easily controlled through adequate ventilation. I just feel that using enviro is a safer option and will quite hapilly sacrifice some yield for peace of mind. I have 2 DP Durban Poison which have just started 12/12 and will let u no of total yield if i can keep my hands off! :wink:

just switched to a 300w red enviro for flower. Have always used a 250 hps for all stages with previous grows. Just thought i would give the enviro a go as hps ballast gets so bloody hot even though temps are easily controlled through adequate ventilation. I just feel that using enviro is a safer option and will quite hapilly sacrifice some yield for peace of mind. I have 2 DP Durban Poison which have just started 12/12 and will let u no of total yield if i can keep my hands off! :wink:

Expect about half what you get from a 250w hps, those big enviro type bulbs are a waste of space imo, crap spread of light too. If your ballast is a compact jobby then it is probably designed to run hot and if placed properly is perfectly safe.

First harvest,More to come lol

Click above for details :)

G.A.T.I B)

looks very nice to lol

tho must admit it looks a small amount of bud for 375w of light lol

still nobody has come close to that 600w 20oz grow yet? lol

My mate does every time - losest on 600w was 18 and 3 quarters. And this is by no means a professional set up - doesn't even use a timer, no floral boosters or ec and ph pens, etc. just nutes and seaweed. If we use the method of calculation on page 2 of this thread on his thing then the average yield is 1.07g per watt. Is this kinda what everybody gets?

If thats with cfl's he should try drying out his weed for 2-3 weeks before he weighs it imo.

I had 800watt of cfl and got around 14-16 oz of it now i run a 600watt hps and get 21oz or more each time .

• 1 year later...

Knockout by Advanced Female - Highly Recomended - lovely skunk really impressed

post-24037-0-37691500-1321952522_thumb.jpg

micro grow box - One ounce using 135 watts of cfl pc fans for extraction, lovely compact dense buds, potant as a mother fucker with a juicey skunk flavour growing again for sure.

• Like 2

give the cfl a miss mate,unless your using them for seedlings,cuttings or to veg yer girls when they are wee,they aint worth a wank! there is no hid/cfl argument,Ive tried them and now I use it for my seedlings :smokin:

Why would I give the cfls a miss? This would then leave me without a light and my plants would die thus resulting in no bud!

• Like 1

give the cfl a miss mate,unless your using them for seedlings,cuttings or to veg yer girls when they are wee,they aint worth a wank! there is no hid/cfl argument,Ive tried them and now I use it for my seedlings :smokin:

and why post that in an envirolights and yields thread ? why ? The simplest explanation is simple trolling. Unless you really believe that you made a helpful contribution to...um...anything...

I'm not a cfl user, but I wouldn't come in to their forum just to cause havoc :nea:

e2a

cos that'd be really really sad :spliff:

Edited by Arbuscule
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

3 plants, 2.5 oz dry & well trimmed. One was a bit of a runt and didn't crop much. DR60, 200w blue for veg then added 200w red when I switched to 12/12. Vedgged for 2-3 weeks & finished in 6.5 ltr pots. Passive intakes with 100mm extraction. Very potent dense & flavoursome buds, not a huge yield.

This was one of 'em

post-65259-0-28034900-1331675242_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Why do people insist in coming into a section dedicated to

Unread forum

Micro-Growing & Experimental

For Compact Fluorescent and LED Growers

in order to post HID snobbery crap?

If people want to use CFL let them, they get a good smoke and are happy what's the harm? a lot of people are casual growers that don't care about perfect yields and buds of steel

• Like 1