• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hir

• d_L_t

• CupboardBound

• Heavy Horse

Guest dr rockster

We've most of us grown up and been touched by some sort of organised religion.Does'nt matter whereabouts on the planet you are.All of them say that they have exclusive knowledge of the Godhead,the path to salvation,the garden of Eden through submission and so on.

They all lay down a seemingly beneficient bunch of religious laws and tenets,codes shared amongst and to be used as guidance for the whole of the community.Still sounds good at this point does'nt it?

But what have we learnt about religion and a possible afterlife in the last 2000 years?

We have have basically the Moslems the Jews and the Christians in perpetual conflict.

Not a very good ad for God is it?

And the after life? Shit,I've had out of body experiences on my own psychedelics but it still is'nt enough for me to conclude that there is a life after death.It's a romantic notion that's been perpetuated by the major religions of the world.

Shit I'd love to believe,party in perpetuity,oooh look at all the angels on the clouds too...........

.....Yeah right but that's not to say I'm not a spiritual person,love to look at the stars,contemplate the infinite......but some geezer with a white beard from on high.......well I might have believed it in the dark ages,but heck we live in the information age and we've got all the SCIENCE at our fingertips....I just ca'nt get on with 'blind faith' people.

When I was in my "searching for myself" phase.Sitting down,looking at all about me and having to decide what the fuck to do with my life.

I looked at my Ma N' Pa (God was showing off when he made them) and my upbringing and the Catholic faith I'd frankly had to endure going to a school full of fucking priests who could only get their point across by thrashing the be'Jaysus outta ya.Do'nt talk to be about fucking priests!

So then I like to think I went the liberal spiritual route,man I did some good acid yes thank you Bott and Kemp wherever your operation Julie pixie selves are but then had to get into the real world and making some real cell phone in hand whilst propping up wine bar money and oh do'nt forget popping out to the kazi for the obligatory liveners,oh no?

But it's not very deep,very spiritually rewarding so I'm still looking around at my life,still seeing the bombs go off on TEE VEE and there's a part of me thinking.......nay yearning that there is an after life...I mean Jesus Fuck! I mean it would be nice if if so however we died,God WAS there to sort us out?

But he ai'nt, that's just a yearning in me for an afterlife that is a product of my religious conditioning.

Good news is I got my soul back(although as every humanist knows I never lost it in the first place)

Well, there was chasing buck in the greed is good eighties and I adopted sybaritic hedonism as my total lifesstyle.....and although it does have it's downsides I prefer it over organised religion.......

just for the night life...................................... :headpain:

i believe we die in body but not in spirit we have one live in our house me the wife and kids have all felt her presance as well as people who lived here before us sounds crazy but i know what i know and no im not religous

No, anyhow I don't want to go to Heaven...they don't allow dogs in :unsure:

how do you know that, dogs got souls/spirits, must have cause it sounds as if you've/you love a dog, no offence intended if theres your missues in there, somewhere.

or vicky verky

Edited by Hir

i believe we die in body but not in spirit we have one live in our house me the wife and kids have all felt her presance as well as people who lived here before us sounds crazy but i know what i know and no im not religous

:unsure: have you been smoking that mind altering drug they call super SKUNK weed :wink:

Never seen a ghost. well, not until i look in the mirror :ouch:.

But yeh, lifes tricky - not sure what to believe. Life after death? hope so m8 :guitar:

:yinyang: yep definetly life after death me old mate, we are all here to experience the physical cos as a spirit force or an energy what ever you want to call it you can never die!!!! the only way you can experience death is through this physical body which is just a vessel to take you on your journey through nature the great garden of eden which some people also call earth this wonderful living organism which we all inhabit and are all here to travel through, that we are all suposed to be looking after (ooops :rofl: seems like weve made 1 or2 mistakes as a race and could be heading for a mass death experience) as mother nature slowly starts to flex her muscles to show all these twats in government just how insignificant we really are she holds all the aces and is just about to play her hand so enjoy ya self have a few spliffs look around at the world around you go out and watch the trees changing colour its one the greatest times of the year and remember the one thing you can be sure of is you are going to experience death guarenteed thats what we are all hear for so dont worry about it and also remember you cant experience the dizzy heights of the top untill you have been down to the very depths life is all about experiences its what makes ya life so rich like m,atey said earlier read the celistine prophecy and learn about signs then stear ya life in a totaly new direction you will never look back money will never buy you happiness but what your heart really desires is all around you and its free but disapearing thanks to our moronic world governments this is just my opinion from my own life experiences nature rocks get outside as often as you can smoke neat weed eat some shrooms go into a forest relax and conect :rofl: its show time as this great cycle comes to an end :rofl:

CARPE DIEM

If there is something after physical death then thats cushty innit ! if there isnt then you wont know and therefore you wont be disapointed its a win win situation i theenk!

slightly on topic I was reading about martial arts philosophy and came across a quote from an Akido Master

(I think it was the bloke who invented it) he said " Eat well, excercise regularly.......die anyway!"..........just love that Eastern mysticism arf arf arf!.

Isnt "LIFE after DEATH" an oxymoron or something? Doesnt even sound right. Death is death, if you carry on in anyway then you aint dead. Erm I think thats right.

The 2 Rs

:rofl: yep definetly life after death me old mate, we are all here to experience the physical cos as a spirit force or an energy what ever you want to call it you can never die!!!! the only way you can experience death is through this physical body which is just a vessel to take you on your journey through nature the great garden of eden which some people also call earth this wonderful living organism which we all inhabit and are all here to travel through, that we are all suposed to be looking after (ooops :spliff: seems like weve made 1 or2 mistakes as a race and could be heading for a mass death experience) as mother nature slowly starts to flex her muscles to show all these twats in government just how insignificant we really are she holds all the aces and is just about to play her hand so enjoy ya self have a few spliffs look around at the world around you go out and watch the trees changing colour its one the greatest times of the year and remember the one thing you can be sure of is you are going to experience death guarenteed thats what we are all hear for so dont worry about it and also remember you cant experience the dizzy heights of the top untill you have been down to the very depths life is all about experiences its what makes ya life so rich like m,atey said earlier read the celistine prophecy and learn about signs then stear ya life in a totaly new direction you will never look back money will never buy you happiness but what your heart really desires is all around you and its free but disapearing thanks to our moronic world governments this is just my opinion from my own life experiences nature rocks get outside as often as you can smoke neat weed eat some shrooms go into a forest relax and conect lol its show time as this great cycle comes to an end lol

CARPE DIEM

:headpain: words of wisdom :guitar:

Isnt "LIFE after DEATH" an oxymoron or something? Doesnt even sound right. Death is death, if you carry on in anyway then you aint dead. Erm I think thats right.

The 2 Rs

Not really :yinyang:

Death is death on earth, but who knows after u die... u might leave your physical body behind, but your soul will always remain alive... never know, after u die could be another world after this, a place where the weed flows like wine. (and no plod)