Do You Believe In Life After Death

traynpaul

Im not someone who likes to preach, thats wrong as far as i'm concerned, all i'd like to do is share my thoughts and beliefs on this subject. I was introduced to the possibility of this some time ago when i got my first reading and this just increased my curiousity on this subject and the need to explore it further. After reading several books on this matter its opened my mind to the fact that after we pass over there is more to come. i look at it that when we loss our earthly bodies that we become spirit form-an energy,the way i see this is that we evolve upto the next level.I've read alot of books on this matter, some from well known mediums and some that i've never heared off before. I've found that the unknown mediums etc make for better reading, some are written by hypnotherapists who do regression, which is something i'd like to do. My overal opinion on all the books i've read so far is this; they all write in their own way and there are varing opinions from them all but i've noticed that at the end of the day there is a core of infomation that is mentioned by each one, all saying roughly the same which i'd like to believe represents alot of truth on this matter.

I'm going to start to read a book by David Fontana, this book appeals to me because it's been written based on 30years of evidence and i quote from the back page."this is an important book, interestingly and authoritatively written by a well-credentialed psychologist with 30years active involvement in survival reseach, it provides a clear, balanced and upto date account of the very best evidence, A "must" read for anyone interested in a meaningful exploration of the nature of dying, death and an afterlife, as well as who we really are when alive.

As far as i'm concerd there is life after death, we go back to a place where we've all been before, we choose to come back to learn or to teach others. as hard as that seems because i've know better than alot of people how depressing life can be when i reached rock bottom several years ago and unfortunatly for me i didnt go back up like most people do, i fell through an invisable trap door into depbts of depression i never would believe could excist and spent several months sectioned to mental health hospital. I do hope i've not offended anyone's beliefs thats not my intention, i enjoy leaarning about all this and it gives me great comfort to know that there's more to come after we pass over and i will continue to learn as much as i possibly can. Since my time in hospital i've come along way and now take each day as it comes, i try to live life to the full but always knowing that lifes full of the good,bad and ugly. I also believe that out of anything bad there's good, you just have to look for it and to remember that there is another life after this one ends where there is peace and harmony, no more physical or emotional pain. You get to learn more about youself and also meet up with love ones who have already made there transition.

To finish off i'll quote from one of the best comedy classics i'v ever seen and that is

"ALWAY'S LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE."by the monty python(the life of brian) more so with a big bud going.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hir

• d_L_t

• CupboardBound

• Heavy Horse

what's the point in even thinking about such things ? you can't possibly know for sure until you actually snuff it, anything else is pure conjecture and thus a waste of time.

Edited by Lizard

Like you, I like to believe in the afterlife and what we're living now is a lesson. I've also come to the conclusion that there are so many 'sightings' of which I've had one myself, there has got to be something to it.

not huge fan of an anagram of dog, so god for me as a concept branded around in organised religion aint really my cup of tea. But am a fan of science

law of conservation of energy

new energy can never be created and existing energy can never be destroyed only converted from one form to another through time and space for ever so in theory we as a force running on and able to be converted to differing forms of energy shall go on regardless whether as human or carbon based dust :rofl:

u should read the celestine prophecy think be yer cup of tea

I can't imagine that if you wrote a book saying that there is no life after death , you just die , that many people would buy it .

I think a lot of people want to believe and so they do . This isn't wrong , it's just human nature . We all want some sort of significance and meaning to our existance .

I don't think anybody can possibly know , religions and spiritual beliefs are based on 'faith' because there is no evidence .

Guest Blabblabberbab

In reply - no.

Everything dies. end of story - that's it, game over - thank you for playing. I do have a suspicion that cognitive reasoning may carry on for some time after 'death' i.e. drowning for instance. But I don't believe flies go to fly heaven when they get zapped in bug zappers so why should humans get an afterlife if they stick their fingers in electrical sockets.

B :yep:

Edited by Blabblabberbab

In reply - no.

Everything dies. end of story - that's it, game over - thank you for playing. I do have a suspicion that cognitive reasoning may carry on for some time after 'death' i.e. drowning for instance. But I don't believe flies go to fly heaven when they get zapped in bug zappers so why should humans get an afterlife if they stick their fingers in electrical sockets.

B :yep:

Interesting Blabb... thats a good point you have there, no one seems to think about all over animals, they are after all just as important as humans

We will all find out when we snuff it, the thing that always amazes me is thinking about the universe and how big it is... where does it end etc.

Eat some shrooms and you will feel kind of enlightened, sounds stupid but its great believing that you know the answers.. even if it only lasts a couple of hours :spliff:

YES ... and you are . . . ? :yep:

Hir i never ever ever know what you are talking about :spliff:

maybe im not clever enough to understand your wit :woot:

YES ... and you are . . . ? :yep:

Johnathan Livimgston Seagulls and Illusions by Richard Bach, both just great easy short reads with so much spiritual stuff to occupy your mind.

Worm Food.

But in a way its life after death. by law of averages you've got a few atoms that were once dinosuar knocking around inside you.

Also just considering the fact that while I am nothing more than the molecules that make me, not one of them, not one has been me from birth, I'm the same person I was when I was born, but not at the same time, thats pretty wierd.

Also beside rotting away to go back into the wierd systems of life, theres the effect every action we take effects other people and things, and in turn how they act based on our actions impacts others, and how they act to others and others react to them is based in part on our actions, etc. etc.

All that stuff is hard enough to get my head around with observational proof and more than enough to convince me we carry on after death, just not in a conscious form, we go back to being what we were before birth, and that wasn't so bad was it?

Just my opinion and you're all welcome to yours too, I don't claim to have a monopoly on truth.

Guest dr rockster

not huge fan of an anagram of dog, so god for me as a concept branded around in organised religion aint really my cup of tea. But am a fan of science

law of conservation of energy

new energy can never be created and existing energy can never be destroyed only converted from one form to another through time and space for ever so in theory we as a force running on and able to be converted to differing forms of energy shall go on regardless whether as human or carbon based dust :wassnnme:

Absolutely Doc.

Love that little humanist ditty: we are here because

we are here because

we are here because

WE ARE HERE!

I believe there is only one life, call it Wyrd, or whatever. It manifests in Time/Space as myriad differing forms of physical existence, which are transient. All life, be it the life force of a planet, a galaxy or a gnat, each one and every one is the same life force in temporal and spatial manifestation. We come out of the Wyrd, are the Wyrd wrapped in flesh, and return into the Wyrd. It alone lives, it alone sustains all life, it alones recieves all deaths and it alone constantly upholds the fabric of all and everyting.

Individual reincarnation, salvation etc is, IMHO, a myth invented by Religions. Useful, but not factual. The problem is so few know how to handle Myth. Its a Mythtery.