Stressing Em Out.

RioKnight

I have the contentious issue of soft secrets in question.

The advice was that removing most leaves one week before harvest will stress the plant causing an increase in resin production.

A reader had sent in a picture of a fat bud and that was his technique.

So - Bud size supposedly doesn't increase, just more resin.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RioKnight

• Owderb

• Church

• Bish

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet common sense would have it that a happy, healty plant would be most productive, seein' as it's not going to have to put any of it's energies into healing itself and can concentrate on buildin' big buds to catch pollen with.....

;)

Some one's feeling left out :P

Like's already been said, i think that fact that it's not being polinated is enought stress...

When you flushing your plant at the end of flowering you are restricing neutrients anyway, which must be stressing the plant as it takes all the final sugers out the leaves etc to use as entergy for the buds!!

I do know people who take off the fan leaves 3-4 days before harvest, i personally think this is because they havn't flushed it for long enouht so it's kinda like tricking the plant into thinking "shit, getting no neuts in soil, shit, no leaves.... shit i'm done" lol...

That's my imput anyway :P hahahha

Smoke.... stroke.... smoke.... stroke!! :P:yinyang:

Some one's feeling left out tongue.gif

Yeh he does get a little jealous from time to time,but never mind he'll be up there one day :yinyang:lol

Owd ;)

Isn't this really the difference with "organic" and flavour ?

You aren't neccesarily stressing the plant per se, but at least making it work up a sweat for its nutes ....

I'm heading in that direction probably - once I've learned a bit more about the plant.

you big bunch of jessies. someone do a comparison test and let's have it settled. i've been fimming half my crop this year since the subject was raised last winter and am keen to see if it increases yield. the top buds sure look interesting.

peace..tony.

Maybe I'll be mean to 2 of my 4 plants during my next run :stoned:

Maybe I could "talk harshly to my little ones and beat them when they sneezes ...."

I don't know though - I may not be able to handle it myself :sadwalk::cheers:

:photo:

It makes basic common sense to leaves the leaves on. Yes the food reserves is held in the leaves and is relied on during the final ays of it's (our) life for it.

:photo:

NK.

It would be interesting to know if the folks who have such settled views on the merits of de-leafing have ever tried it?