Looking For Your Knoledge To Be Honest

Guest kinsize

Guest kinsize

Hello

Can someone answer me this please, am I likely to get a greater yield by growing hydroponicly, what I mean is if I had 5 plants in a hydroponic system and 5 plants in 6 litre pots would it be fair to say that the 5 hydroponic plants would yield more then the 5 compost plants.

Now I dont know if I have been haveing my leg pulled but I have been told that you can get 4oz a plant by useing hydroponic methods maybee even more ....... is this correct lads

Now I dont know if I have been haveing my leg pulled but I have been told that you can get 4oz a plant by useing hydroponic methods maybee even more ....... is this correct lads

it is correct, but u can also get same yields in non-hydro methods too, prolly the only thing thats true about hydro vs soil is growth rates in veg can be quicker.

depends what u want out of a grow, contrary to poular belief hydro is a piece of piss, but i prefer coco

if you grow hydroponicly and well, then yes it can yield over 10 oz a plant depending on the right strain and systems

but if grown not well, then the yield can be quite poor

hydro is a bit more complicated than soil, maybe give the easeir option a go first, and not be so yield oriantated

Guest kinsize

Hello thanks for responding, im not sure what I want out of a grow just some dank bud I rekon B)

The only thing that puts me off is that you need to spend a fortune buying things like ph pen readers and stuff - If I could set myself up a hydroponics setup for £100 includeing things like the ec ph pens and so forth I would have a go. I have seen loads of homemade systems on here which I could use but will I beable to get it all done along with all the testing equiptment for £100 - £150 as my absolute limit ??

Ideally I would just like to have a 4 plant setup - I like the idea of hydro as everything can be kept nice and tidy to

NFt sounds good

Edited by kinsize

In theory, hydroponic growing has the potential of giving the plants what it wants when it wants.....

of course this is dependant on the experience of the grower with his hydroponic equipment (i.e. flood and drain, Bubbler, NFT....etc.), his experience with the particular strain (known hieght after inducing 12/12, exact nutrient measurement as some strains like high EC/PPM and some like low, pest resistant, plant formation, possible yield as some strains are known for high yields, Big Bud, DP White widow etc), and his experience of actually growing marijuana (i.e. advanced techniques such wheather its best to topp, fim, SOG, Trim or Prune....etc).

Then of course you have Enviromental conditions......that is, the growers knowledge on replicating outdoor conditions inside.

Numerous variables....

So it would not be wise to simply deduce that hydro yields more than soil.....

...although it has been know that if both a soil and hydro plant where grown in same condition, the hydro would yield more.

...Easier to.

Regards

Guest kinsize

:headpain:

In theory, hydroponic growing has the potential of giving the plants what it wants when it wants.....

of course this is dependant on the experience of the grower with his hydroponic equipment (i.e. flood and drain, Bubbler, NFT....etc.), his experience with the particular strain (known hieght after inducing 12/12, exact nutrient measurement as some strains like high EC/PPM and some like low, pest resistant, plant formation, possible yield as some strains are known for high yields, Big Bud, DP White widow etc), and his experience of actually growing marijuana (i.e. advanced techniques such wheather its best to topp, fim, SOG, Trim or Prune....etc).

Then of course you have Enviromental conditions......that is, the growers knowledge on replicating outdoor conditions inside.

Numerous variables....

So it would not be wise to simply deduce that hydro yields more than soil.....

...although it has been know that if both a soil and hydro plant where grown in same condition, the hydro would yield more.

...Easier to.

Regards

Love you last comment fella. I take it your a hydroman. I think I have decided to go hydro its just a shame I went and brought a load of pots (maybee i can take them back).

Anyone who wants to get involved and help me out you have a hundred notes to make a nice and simple (I am a strong beleiver in simplicity is the key to success, for me anyway :yinyang: )hydro system. I personally think that NFT would suit me perfectly. However feel free to throw your opinions at me. How much water can a single hydroponicly grown plant consume (I dont want to be getting a too small resevoir) and find out half way through that it doesnt hold enough fluid for my babies.

Sensi Skunk no 1 whats that like in hydro ?

b boy darkside and fd cheers for getting involved boys

Guest kinsize

Through trimming, the Buds are so heavy that the stem cant handle the weight...

post-8157-1153240256_thumb.jpg

for a 26 year old you an arf got some growing skills aint you m8 :headpain: . Bloody hell fella how many plants is that, all I can see is buds and big fuckers at that. What system are you useing their.

feel free to mention the room size, fan sizes, light sizes B Boy :yinyang:

Edited by kinsize

The only thing that puts me off is that you need to spend a fortune buying things

Essential things for growing in soil:

400w Light System: £80 (enough for 4 plants)

Soil/Nutes/Pots - £50

Materials-Mylar+Sheeting - £20-£30

Inline Extractor Fan & Ducting - £60

£200-£300 to setup.

Hydro probably the same:

400W Light System: £80

Materials-Mylar+Sheeting: £20-£30

Inline Extractor Fan & Ducting - £60

Hydroponic Pump's/Pipe/Fittings: £60

2ft x 2ft Ebb+Flood tray (enough for 4 plants, I made mine for £20 out of timber and pond liner)

Nutes = £50

ph pen/ec meter: £80

Growing media: £25

£400-£500

Seeds = £30-£50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a rough estimate :headpain:

I've learnt through reading and by experimenting that anyone can succeed.....

The system is a flood and drain system.

The key to my success really is trimming and vegging for longer.....simple. (That is of course once you have mastered the basics.)

You see, i've found that the longer you Veg, the more roots will be developed and thus the taller the plant will be....

Trimming on the other hand is referred to has trimming of lower bud sites so that the energy maybe redirected to the higher bud sites. Lower bud sites dont get enough light and waste energy...energy that could go to the top. You must however be careful to NOT trim leaves just lower bud sites. (there a difference)

SO....Basically, longer Veg time means bigger root develop, developed to house the developing plant.....

SO when you Trim the lower bud sites = Big roots to take in Large amounts of food to be redirected to the top bud sites = Massive yields. Simple really...

On average, from experince.....3 Weeks Veg has given me 1 Ounce per Plant (Choco Trip, AK47, White Widow...All the same)

When i've Vegged 6 Weeks, i've had over 2 Ounces.....(Again Choco Trip, AK47, White Widow...All the same)

Lets see what happens this time....6 weeks Veg but trimmed 3 times; 2 in veg and 1 in flower.

Guest kinsize

Well It sounds fairly straight foward.

is their anyone willing to summarize the core principals (tried/tested and proven way) to do things

basically a summary of how to grow hydroponically.

ordenary tap water is fine i take it

Well It sounds fairly straight foward.

is their anyone willing to summarize the core principals (tried/tested and proven way) to do things

basically a summary of how to grow hydroponically.

ordenary tap water is fine i take it

hello mate, i just started doing hydro, and tbh i found it a lot easier than soil!

i did 6 plants in bubblers, had them 3 weeks in flower, all looking good, then i didn't change the res for 9 days (holiday) and they died. :yinyang:

im having a go at flood and drain now, it seems a bit less cumbersome, cos with bubblers you have to lift the plants out of the res to change it. :guitar:

i got my ph and ec pen on ebay, £18 for ph £13 for ec and they work really well. just be warned there are possible security issues bout buying growing stuff on ebay, and make sure you buy off a power seller with a guarentee. ;)

tap water is usually ok, can be a bit of a nusaince if it's like mine (harder than tyson), it just means you ned to add more ph down.

the general practise is as follows:

fill resevoir with water (leave for 24 hrs for chlorine to evaporate)

add nutes + supplements up to a certain ec ( e.g. approx 0.8 for small rooted clones)

add ph up (alkali) or ph down (acid) to get a ph of 5.8 - 6.2 (optimum ph level)

add oxygen to the res with an air pump + air stone

mix well

submerge the roots with this mixture, either by directly putting the roots in the mix (bubblers) or pumping it into a pot or tub of clay pebbles in which the plants are in (flood and drain) or passing this water along a thin gulley containing the roots (nft) or hand watering.

Hope this makes sense, search in the hydro methods section to find some well good info :yahoo:

Bob ;)

Guest kinsize

thankyou mate for that, and im already on the search funtion, theirs loads of info to take in :yinyang:

Edited by Owderb