True sativa

Jammin

Alright all,

Seem to remember somewhere reading that a sativa type plant takes alot longer to flower than some indicas. Is this true? I can also remember reading that the 'up' quality of sativas is tremendous. Is this true?

All the same does anyone know of any seed banks that stock original sativa and indica genetics??

I was having a look at Malawi Gold....she looks sooooooo fuckin' fruity :blues: And when i'm up & growing, would love to have a bash at her ;)

Anyone tested her waters?

:ghost:

Hi Mr Bishie,

I have smoked Malawi Gold before (the proper Malawi cob, wraped in banana leaves). It has a superb high (feels like every nerve in your body has electricity pulsing through it). :ghost:

I would think this would be a fairly difficult strain to cultivate indoors, because of the height and long flowering period. If you do give it a go, I would suggest giving it as much light as possible.

If you get it right and get a decent yield it would be well worth the effort.

Peace

SC

High SpaceCadet,

That's a great answer man!

Informative, correct and with an interesting story to boot :rolleyes:

> This is the reason for cannabis forums, not to chat shit <

All the best and peace to you man B)

Cheers SpaceCadet B)

Maybe when i've got the Alan Titchmarsh fingers i'll have a bash at her lol

Do ya know of any other sativa's which are easier for the newbie to cultivate indoors?

:rolleyes:

It's in the process of construction, but it'll be thus -

3'x3'x6' ply & mylar covered frame like Highlanders, 400w HPS, lti extraction.

Cheers Trichome - owt else you need to know just shout

:rolleyes:

Hi all

I know this plant has been crossed with a non-dominant indica to bring the size and flowering time down to acceptable levels for indoor growing, but it still retains the strong up sativa high. Siver Haze from sensi seed bank did the job for me. I grew it through once and then lost the mother as a friend and i split our operation up. Long time to flower, relatively low yield compared to what else i was growing at the time but, it was a real treat.

How much of a pure sativa was it? Does anyone know? I think ours took 12 weeks to finish but it may have been longer for some of them.

Chip

edit

PS: What about Durban Poison? Pure sativa with indica traits (leaves etc) but a nice sativa high. Easily fits into an indoor grow, good yield etc (all as long as you dont get root rot !! DOH! :rolleyes:)

How long roughly, does Silver Haze take to flower then?

Is DP prone to root rot...or were you a bit keen with the ole watering can chip? ;)

Cheers for the tip Trichome....I shall consider SH in the future :)

High there,

All the Dutch Durban Poisons are pretty crappy, and the African Seeds version is very hard to germinate, and you need powerful lights.

Silver Haze should finish in 10-11 weeks.

All the best

Hi Mr Bishie,

I am growing a Durban Poison at the moment .... she is streching more than my other ladies (Caramella and White Widow) ... but not too much .... am able to keep her under control with a bit of training. There is a photo under members grow pics .... she is the one in the back right hand corner.

Hi Trichome,

Cheers mate ;) ... that Malawi high is an experience I would very much like to repeat ---- once I get this growing thing down to a fine art I would like to see if I can do a cross with a Malawi to get the flowering time and height down .... any suggestions on what would be a good strain to cross it with?

Peace

SC

;). I must have been writing my post as you were posting trichome, both of us suggesting sensi seed bank silver haze

heres a run down taken from the sensi seed bank catalogue

Although the cerebral high of the Sativa is preferred by many, indoor growers aren't too font of this type: Sativas get very tall, take a long time to finish off and produce skimpy yields. We have spent years searching for a superb Indica/Sativa hybrid suited for indoor growing. By crossing the Haze, the most powerful Sativa in the World, to a non-dominant Indica we managed to get the height and flowering time of the plant down to an acceptable level and still retain the unique Sativa qualities of the high. The results: the Silver Haze, winner of the '89 High Times Harvest Festival. Don't expect top yields but top quality that will excite the true connoisseur.  

Flowering: 65-75 days. Height: 150-180 cm. Yield: up to 100 gr.

Ours took 12 weeks, as i remember but that was nearly 8 years ago. I am sure it was longer than the NL5 x haze which they (sensi seed bank) also say takes 65 - 75 days to finish.

I would recomend this as well, but its not a pure sativa (obviously) but it does retain a very good sativa high.

Mr Bishie.

No, its not prone to root rot but i failed to clean my pots properly between harvests and created a problem for myself DOH!! Must clean pots after every grow!!

I've also heard that a lot of the dutch durban is a bit shoddy, but until the root fungus became a problem, i had some good times with the durban. Some medi users think its top stuff as well.

Chip

That Silver Haze does sound mighty fine!!! I ain't bothered about yeilds, but a sweet juicey smoke at the end of a grow is all that matters imo :)

Cheers all for the info

;)