6x8 Walk-IN CLoset Puffer Anyone HELP PLease

BUGbegone

I wan't to goo all out. I want a two layer room. Look it's been hard and I need to get a space to grow. Can't grow in the bedroom open space anymore. I would just like to start with my plans and tell me what you think. I need some down and dirty info. Please. I need help. The risk of my 2nd grow depends on it. Me and My laides were just a sexy pair.. But here I go. First off let me put you to speed. I am a woman growing big for Cash. I have 8 bubblers going now with Skunk#1 and Afgain#1 and some fire bag weed for the N.York State.

The room 6x8 10feet tall

My room will be cover in mlyar from ceiling to floor.

I will like to layer my room by placing 4x4slabs 3feet high all around the walls like grooves for shevels.

Then I will place the 4x4slabs across top to make a floor.

On the top

I will have Freedom Buckets from Krusty still trying to master

I will have 2x 600watts

1 Son Argo and 1hortilux

I will water with 2 part new GH

I want to have a ONA carbon-air filter

Need help with as follow for TOP OF ROOM

With a Inline fan ? Don='t know how much 450cm

How long will it take?

Co2 Injector

How will I mount the Co2? IN are OUt the Grow room?

How many 5gal buckets can fit?

HOw many 3gal buckets? If you know...

The Bottom of the two layer room

It will be the Veg room

It will have a 42site Aerocloner for American Agitec

It will also have a MicroGarden ebb&flo with 35 2in net cups

I need help with the following on the lower level

Do you think I will have to run another vent?\

If so how much? And what type of fan?

Is there another way to put the veg room and flowering togther without the layers?

Like maybe a grow cube.. It needs to be for clones and veg for 2week.

Is this room have the right kind of light?

For all my friends and good kind..

Help ... Please

And pass a bowl.. :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BUGbegone

• TrichomeUK

• OMH

• MrBenn

Sorry BUGbegone,

we're all small scale personal growers round here and I don't think you'll find the knowledge you'll need for large scale cash cropping....we prefer to encourage people to grow there own and ditch the dealers :oldtoker:

Peace

High there,

You say 1200W in 48 sq.ft = 25W/sq.ft, which is too low.

You need double that to grow good bud, i.e. another 2 x 600W, or you could get away with another 2 x400W, but it won't be as good.

So, either increase lights and ventilation, or decrease room size to half.

I would get the room down (i.e. 'dialed-in') before you add CO2.

Check out www.overgrow.com for many similar grows, by US growers, as this site is mainly for small-time UK growers.

All the best

Guest THE PUFFER

Trichomes right chaps....if someone needs our help..then help we will, although Im with you all on someone making un-necessary profit at expense of others.

:blues: BUGbegone....are you growing for any medi-users ?

Trichome is also right about the light....its not enough...and yes you will need intakes/outtakes on both levels.

:ghost:

Thanks Puffer and TrichomeUK and even you Mr.Benn

Yess I am going for a set of Med-friends here state side. They have gave all the funds to keep this project rolling.

I enjoy a strong male with a helping mind. U is the MAN.........Puffer & TrichomeUK for lending your help in a time of need. I am a woman and it';s hard to get help on this subject off the web. How do you bring this up on a date. Like handy man Jon Doe come and help me place a growing room togther for my sick family and friends... Yeah. RIght.. But could any of you handy men help...

Thanks with lovee.....

The room now would be two closets. One 6 x8 for growth and one 3x3 for veg and cloning

So What if I was to use 3 430 watts. My total lumens per lamp is 58,500 with a PAR of 220.

So with three lights that would come to 175,500 lumens and a PAr of 660. Will that gave me a coveage I need. Can't a 430w Hid support a 4x4 area.

What if I hang the lights Vertical next to the plants' you know and raise as need.

But for the top of the plants I could have 8 4ftlong fluorescent placed on a hanger that can be raised and lowered.

I would place the 4ft long fluor againts the wiidth of the room which is 8ft.. So two fluor next to each other should gave 8ft. And they would be lower to 4in above the top of the plants.

The lumen output is 2750 wide spectrum. 2750x8 gives 22,000 lumens at the top canpoy of the plants. And the 3 430watt lamps are hanging in the middle about 2feets from the bottom of the plants with no hood vertical given light a 2feetup and 2feet down .

Without losing to many lumens. Anyone know what the output of a 430 blub that sit'si at 1foot from the source of growth. You know sitting side ways next to the plant.

What will it take if this does not work to light the room. 6x8

Do I need 3 x 600 watt instead.

What is a great bench mark for watts when growing.??

Thanks Puffer

High there,

As I said, 6 x 8 = 48 sq.ft. and 2 x 600W ain't gonna cut the mustard,

There is a general guideline of 50W/sq.ft., which would = 2,400W, which = 4 x 600W HPS.

You would need a large exhaust fan, around 1,500-2,000m3/hr, (880-1,180 cfm) and preferably an intake fan of the same size.

Or, you could consider air-cooled, sealed lighting and reduce the size of the exhaust/intake fans, although you'd obviously need a large fan, or several smaller fans, to cool the lights.

Also, you'll need and couple of 12"+ oscillating fans to move the air around the room too.

Paint the walls flat white, or hang some balck&white panda film/sheeting.

All the best and have a good one ;)

Cool. Trichomeuk. Thanks Sweetheart.. Let me also run something by you real quick...

Now do you know How much Kelvin a plant can take...

In my clone room I am thinking about using a high Kelvin light..

CLones

Durofest-from Aquatine is 7500k for cloning..

or

COMPACT Flor it has 8900lumens and 6825k

Cool. Trichomeuk. Thanks Sweetheart.. Sex man.. I love a man with brain Let me also run something by you real quick...

Now do you know How much Kelvin a plant can take...

In my clone room I am thinking about using a high Kelvin light..

CLones

Durofest-from Aquatine is 7500k for cloning..

or

COMPACT Flor it has 8900lumens and 6825k

VEG

SunArgo Flor which has 2750lumens I don't know Kelvin ???4000k??

I need to have 2 for a total of 5500lumens for plant VEG.

I guess I would only need half of 10,000lumens which is need to grow a plant.??

Is that right?

Or I could go with one 175mhwatt Blue Burning, High Kelvin MH LAmps

It would be from Sylvania 175 SuperMetalHAilde it would produce

15,000lumens and have a kelvin 4000k..

Which do you think is the better choice??

GROW

I will use 2 600 watt Hortilux which have a 87,000 lumens and 2100kelvin reading...

So they both come up to a total of 174,000 lumens

What is the ideal space for the 2X600 watters??

How can I get between 50sq.ft to 75sq.ft

Also does anyone else pay a lot of mind to KElvin. I heard when growing monster high kelvin from clones are seeds makes more usefull bud sites.?/

Anybond any thought on this one..??? ;):):D

I am using a similar sized space to you BugBegone, if not slightly bigger.

For that kind of space, you should def consider 3 lights. I currently have 2x 600w and a 1000w running in that space. It still gives me plenty of room to get around the plants and tend to them (as well as space to sit and gaze happily at my babies once the work is done).

If I really wanted to cram them in, I could probably fit another light in there, but to be honest, I prefer having a bit of space to move around, and for my needs, the yield I am expecting is more than adequate

Given the size of your veg room (3 ft x 3ft?) you might want to think about using flouro's in there. Metal Halides are great for veg growth, but they kick out a hell of a lot of heat, especially in a confined space.

You also have to look at how big you want the plants to get, and how quickly you want your mothers to get there.

This may sound like a silly thing to say, but under a halide, in that small a space, your mothers will get really massive, really fast, and will eat all the available space in no time at all.

If it was me, I would probably put 3 banks of 4 x flouro tubers, vertically mounted on the walls for the mother and cutting room.

If you do go for the metal halide, then make sure you have a decent fan extracting from the mother room, or use an aircooled lighting system.

You do not want the temperature getting above about 85 degree's in any of your rooms, so lots of extraction is the key.

For your main room, think about how much you are after getting from the crop. Its all very well to want to go full out and make the best use of your space, but make sure you take the legal issues into consideration as well.

You could do a monthly rotation, sea of green, single cola setup on tables, with 25-30 plants a table, and bring in about half a kilo a month. However, growing 75 - 90 plants will get you in prison if you are caught (not exactly sure how the law works in the states, but I hear its more to do with the amount of plants than the actual dried weight - someone on overgrow.com should be able to help you there)

Or you could have fewer plants, and grow them bigger, but then you are going to need to either do a crop at a time, and use your main growing room to veg the plants for a month, then stick em into a 12/12 cycle.

You then will be looking at between 1.5 and 2 kilo's of bud to trim, dry and store at a time, which is a hell of a lot more work in one go, but looks less like a production line, and has fewer plants in there.

As a rule of thumb, You should consider each 600w light will cover roughty 1m square adequately. Obviously, you can get more coverage by putting the light higher, but then you lose a lot of your lumen output.

The aircooled lamps allow you to get them closer to the crop, increasing the available lumens for the plant but by getting it closer, you lose some of the coverage area.

Having the lights next to each other def helps, as you will get cross overs of the coverage between them.

For extraction, you will need 1, possibly 2 6" extractor fans, with as high an output as you can find. Having an identical fan bringing the air in is also needed. I usually bring my air in to the back of an oscillating fan, to spread the fresh air evenly about the room

Smell is definately going to be a consideration as well. A carbon filter unit in the main room will clean the air you are extracting out, but will do nothing about the smell in the room. And the smell from all those plants can travel quite a bit - even through adjoining walls if they are porus, and def up and down a floor, which you should think about if you are in an apartment.

The best way to get rid of the smell is an ozone generator, although it never hurts to have a couple of ionisers going in the room as well.

And remember that carbon filters are good for about a year, and then need replacing

Also, the hum from your lighting ballasts can travel a suprising distance through walls, and can actually sound louder in a different place in the building than it does in the room. Putting a polystyrene sheet or foam rubber under a bit of board, and sticking your ballasts on that will deaden the vibrations.

I have no idea about the Kelvin requirements you describe, to be honest, I have never heard of it being used. Maybe thats just me though :D

Hope that was of some help. You sound like you have a pretty good idea of what you want to do, and what you need already though.

Take it easy

High there,

As I said, 4 x 600W will cover that flowering area perfectly, in a 2 + 2 formation.

Use the extraction rate I suggested, around 1000cfm.

The clone/mother room suggested by OffmeHead is no good if the fluoros are placed vertically, as the fluoros only have penetration of a few inches, and therefore all the good light will be right next to the bulbs.

In your case, I think you want to keep plant numbers down, by using Freedom buckets or bubbling buckets, so preparing the clones under small fluoros, then transplant to the bloom room and veg for a few weeks under bloom wattage, which will bring them on very fast.

Veg. on 18/6 or 20/4, not 24/7, then obviously flower on 12/12.

> You only need the 3 x 3 room for keeping mothers, by which I would get some compact strip fluoros to keep them stocky and not have as fast a growth as metal halide.

Don't worry about the Kelvin amounts - I've never used them, and if you follow what I've suggested, you'll be doing very well indeed.

Carbon filters are rare in the US, and please be careful with Ozone generators, as they are dangerous, so if smell is an issue, choose a low-odour strain and also some suitable, locally available odour-control.

In the US, don't go above 99 plants, otherwise it's a federal offence, but it sounds like you want max. yield with min. plants, right?

All the best

Ozone Gennys are dangerous? How, exactly?

The bloke that sold me mine a year or so ago seems to have conveniently forgotten to mention that one.

I can't deny, they definately work in keeping the smell down, but I had no idea that there were health risks associated with them. Can you give me a bit more info?

The motherroom I suggested has been working fine for me for quite a bit. I do have to rotate the plants, to make sure that they all get plenty of exposure, and yeah, I can see how sticking compact flouro's in between the plants will be better, but don't dismiss it out of hand. flouro tubes, covering 3 walls in a 3ft x 3ft cube is quite a bit of light, esp if you use something like a whitefire flouro setup, which chucks out around 10,000 lumens per unit, or a Nebula setup that does 11600 per unit.

It certainly gets the mothers big enough to support the next set of cuttings anyway. Still, each to their own.

What do you think the best seeds for a good high? But still easy to grow?

Do any of you know about BOG from seeddirect they have 3 good lookers. I also like the look of Red Devil from I forgot..? And that SuperGirl that oldpink grew.. Do you know if these are easy to grow? How much TLC?

My setup

This is a little help that came from

blahblahblah at overgrow.com

This is my set up in the 6X8 closest

Set up total of 11 buckets

A 600watt lights

3.5' x 3.5' area @50 watts per square foot

So the flowing room is as follow...

I will have a total of 3x600 for a total of 1800watts

74watts sq.ft about 24% over the bench mark of 50watts sq.ft

And it will have 11buckets........

The Veg room

Now this is how may veg clone room wil look 3x3 closet.

It will have aSuper-Metal Halide from Eyelighting 400watts 6500k and 39,000lumens.

11 clones per grow and 5 mothers can easily produce 20 clones every 3 months.

Are so I was told...

Now Offmehead your advice was helpful.. But I am trying to harvest once to twice a month. But hugh plants is the goal.. No young buds. Just big monsters.. I look at it like if I leave them in veg for 1-2 weeks then place in the flowering room under the 12/12. I can make a space in the room since I am only using 6x6 feet of a 6x8feet room. I can place them togther so I will have a total of 22 plants in flowering not in the freedom buckets and 11 plants in the freedom buckets. Just in area lit by light ... It will get tight in there but it can be pulled off. With some thought? Then in my veg room I will have 26plants.. 6 will be mother plants.... 20 will be clone waiting to go into flowing.

I will make a grow cube for the mother and will vent it good..... The clones will sit on top of the Cube for heat to the roots and the metal haild will hang over top the clone..

For a total of 59 plants... below the 99 mark for my state..

Any good companys for fans for extraction??

Offmehead-Hello

TrichomeUK-Wazup

That I got from oG

This is what Kelvin Temp COLOUR TEMPERATURE or KELVIN TEMPERATURE - The unit of measurement to express the colour (spectrum) of light emitted by a lamp.

From Mr.Zog ~shabang~

The color of a light source entails a complicated relationship of different factors, that are important in determining the right light source for your garden. The advantage of Metal Halide lamps is that they provide high-quality, crisp white light in a variety of different color temperatures that meet the needs of many different users.

Correlated Color Temperature(CCT)

The first factor in choosing a color of lamp is to determine whether you need a warm or cool light source. The CCT, expressed in Kelvin degrees, relates to actual thermal temperature. If you've ever seen a piece of metal being heated, you know that as the metal gets hotter, it's color changes. The CCT rating of HID and flourescent light sources indicate how warm or cool the light source is. For instance a lamp with a CCT of 2700 Kelvin is considered warm; with a CCT of 4200 Kelvin is considered neutral; and one of 6000 Kelvin is considered cool.

Spectral Energy Distribution

When you look at a light source, you perceive seeing a single color, but you are actually seeing thousands of hues. The combinations of different wavelengths of light make up the color we see. The relative intensity of the various wavelengths are used to determine a light source's Color Rendering Index(CRI).

Color Rendering Index(CRI)

The CRI is an indication of a lamps ability to show individual colors relative to a standard. This value is determined from a comparison of the lamp's spectral distribution compared to a black body at the same color temperature. Light sources, such as metal halide lamps, are rated with a CCT; however, CCT does not provide any information on the quality of the color. For this, a CRI is also necessary. In general, the higher the CRI rating of a lamp, the better the different colors will show.

5K - 7K Kelvin: Strong Blue Light

Promotes bushy growth. Ideal for rapid growth phase of plants.

Greatly enhances all-around plant growth when used with super

high output, high pressure sodium or 3K warm metal halide lamps.

4.2K - 4200 Kelvin: Cool white Flourescents

Can be used as supplimental blue lighting when used with a 3K

source.

4K - 4000 Kelvin: Neutral Metal Halide

Best single source for plant growth, producing shorter, bushier

growth than 3700 Kelvin and color rendition. Used in general

plant lighting.

3.7K - 3700 Kelvin: Softer Metal Halide(coated)

This coated lamp is used in general plant lighting and for more

rapid growth than 4000 Kelvin produces.

3K - 3200 Kelvin: Warm Metal Halide

Highest photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) value of all HID

lighting for all phases of plant growth. PAR watts account for the

nutritional value of light and are a direct measure of the light

energy available for photosythesis.

2.7K - 2700 Kelvin: High Pressure Sodium Lamps

Redder color mix, used for propagation, blooming, supplemental

greenhouse lighting.