Dutch growshops MUCH cheaper than UK!

TrichomeUK

I have noticed a lot of spamming recently - why does uk420 not ask for sponsorship - I know it would not be allowed over at OG.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TrichomeUK

• Fred Flint Stoned

• oldtimer1

• redeyedgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

"spamming" = To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.

So, you see, I was abiding by the dictionary definition, not a 'personal attack'.

I could call someone a murderer and just because I give the definition does not mean that I am not being pesonal. :rolleyes:

High Fred,

What he did was spamming, so I was stating the facts, no?

Does he pay for advertising here? No, he just licks the admin's backsides.

He made a 'personal attack' on me:

"I don't like you.....I think you're a little prick hiding behind a PC"

> See the difference m8?

All the best

Hey hey,

Trichome, you should know that he is not "spamming",,....

He's actually "uk420 approved"....

Sayinbg that however, I do think his email is rather confrontatiuonal/harsh....Have you alerted anyone on the team about this.....?

I know what you saying about buying in Holland etc, but until someone sets up a co-op I don't see any way round it other than driving yourself to Holland to benefit from the lower prices....

Same as booze , tabs etc.

Mono...x

Hey T:uk Just had a look through a couple of catalogues the first prices are from www.hometech.nl in euros and £ followed by a local hydro shop about a mile from me in north London. I don’t have the figures for the rvk range but the end prices are I think current including vat on the S&P range.

(TD160/100=160 m3/h, ø100mm)

TD 160/100 85,00 = £56.57p local London uk price = £45.82p

TD 250/100 135,00 = £90 local London uk price = £62,28p

TD 350/125 159,00 = £106 local London uk price = £70.50p

TD 500/160 175,00 = £116.67p local London uk price = £77.75p

TD 800/200 250,00 = £166.67p local London uk price = £111.63p

TD1000/250 300,00 = £200 local London uk price = £176.25p

TD2000/315 395,00 = £263.33p local London uk price = £199.75p

I think there is a nice little grow shop in bromely that does very keen prices on the RVK range, but I can’t find the catalogue they also include the mounting bracket in the price there is not enough info on the hometech site to know if they are included. Unfortunately the Bromely shop is not on the web, despite all that, I have to say that these boys are working on margins I wouldn't like to go into business on. Personally if its only a few pounds I would prefer to give them my business than send it to a large Co in Holland who probably have the buying power of tesco’s compared with a corner shop. I am not talking about people like growell either they are a different kettle of fish all together. Ask G his hydro shop ran at a loss for the first year or so, he has other businesses that supported it. I’m not sure why you have a down on some little guy who is just starting out ok he has been a bit eager to jump in and say hey I’m here and the list on his new is not exactly overstocked, but reading through the lines I doubt he has 2 beans to rub together at the mo, there is no way at this time he could compete with an established Dutch Co that has a huge turnover so why don’t you give him a break. We need more little people to overcome the big boys that have a grip on the fledgling industry here, they are right in cahoots with the Dutch cartels. I don’t think you have a clue how dirty some of this industry is.

By the way do you have a link to the RVK manufacturer, It would be interesting to know if they wholesale here at the same price as Holland on a volume for volume bases. I suspect they wont answer as they like to cover up their shady dealings with lawyer speak.

High OT1,

I don't really think the people here need a price translation, but the S&P fans are for some reason very expensive in Holland.

As you said recently, cheap and nasty fans from Spain, so I don't know why they're so expensive.

I am *not* recommending these fans, so you seem to have wasted time compiling the list?!

The RVK's are much cheaper in Holland than the UK, and are much better than the SP's/TD's, as you know.

I have the smallest (TD160), which pushes/pulls *no-where* near as much as the 175m3/hr RVK I have.

RVK means in-line centrifugal fan, btw people, forget "LTI".

I warned this guy to chill on me, but did he listen?

Oh well, business is hard, and yes, I am aware of Dutch business practice. In fact, the Dutch often know how to do business, unlike a lot of jokers in the UK.

All the best

Mono:

"I know what you saying about buying in Holland etc, but until someone sets up a co-op I don't see any way round it other than driving yourself to Holland to benefit from the lower prices...."

As I have said before, you will still make good savings, even if you order 1 fan from Holland.

Why you think you need to drive to Holland, when a universal postal service exists is beyond me m8?

All the best

For some of the items Mono, it would be worth going to Holland, esp. if looking to set-up a decent room or two.

Eg. if you spend £720, you get 10% off!

So, that's £650 for £720 worth of equipment....IN HOLLAND!

Therefore, you could get nearly twice what you could in the UK, and what, for a day in Holland?

Can't be bad, smoking up in Rotterdam, and buying some new gear :rolleyes:

The more you buy, the more % you save lol

All the best

BTW OT1,

Hands up all of those who shop at the supermarket, instead of the market.

Come on OT1 and Hydrotek, hands up men.

This all happened in the 1960's in Britain, as you both know.

In business, competition dictates the market, and I'm here to inform people about the market (no, not the local apples and pears market!).

All the best

And OT1,

Regarding: "I am not talking about people like growell either they are a different kettle of fish all together. Ask G his hydro shop ran at a loss for the first year or so, he has other businesses that supported it."

I don't know any "G", but Justin has successfully run Growell for 7 years, and has made a killing, as he was one of the first.

As a business man, it's plain as day to me that you often run a loss, for at least the first year!

So, any business man successfully in the black by 12 months is doing very well, and deserves a pat on the back!

All the best

True Trike.....

For some of the items Mono, it would be worth going to Holland, esp. if looking to set-up a decent room or two.

Eg. if you spend £720, you get 10% off!

So, that's £650 for £720 worth of equipment....IN HOLLAND!

But, as this site is trying to encourage HOBBY growers , I can't see why anyone here would be needing to make that sort of spend in the first place........

If someone's a commercial grower, with a pocketful of commercial dollar, your advice would stand them in good stead.....

BTW, how much of your GR is sourced direct from NL...?

All the best mate..... :rolleyes:

Mono...x

since you brought it up here's a follow up you forgot to add from

Lambuster

Edge Member

[iGNORE]

Oooops..ok back up a tic... just had an email from smokeys... slightly crossed wires... the filter on its own is £87 plus shipping... I think they misunderstood my question... the total for fan and filter and a few clamps and stuff comes to about £150... still a lot cheaper than over here saving about £80 still!!!!

Sorry if I've given anyone heartfailure rushing to buy from holland, but it's still by far the cheapest way to get the gear!

Good on ya m8!

Didn't forget pink, but thanks!: it backs up my point well lol

HydroTek, yes, take the advice and shut up - the internet is a powerful tool.

Mono, nice word play bro :rolleyes: My point is that hobbyists can save money, and small, medium and large-sized growers can save a packet - clear now m8?

T:UK

Ok, here's the prices (for the lazy!):

RVK fans:

RVK125-E2A1 225 m3/h - 90,00 euros = £56 (£90 UK retail)

RVK160-E2A1 425 m3/h - 100,00 euros = £62 (£110 UK retail)

RVK200-E2A1 750 m3/h - 125,00 euros = £78 (£130 UK retail)

RVK250-E2L1 1000 m3/h - 170,00 euros = £106 (£150 UK retail)

RVK315-E2A1 1350 m3/h - 215,00 euros = £135 (£210 UK retail)

RVK315-E2L1 1750 m3/h - 235,00 euros = £147 (£240 UK retail)

Some differences, eh?, and even inc. postage & admin = significantly less than the UK.

Also, £70 for 600W HPS! But that's another story....

All the best

I don't really think the people here need a price translation, but the S&P fans are for some reason very expensive in Holland.

Well sorry but I did think it was needed, I would like to know why the rvk line is dearer in the uk.

All I have done is try and open the perspective up a bit. I have done and said nothing attacking you yet you are getting shirty with me why?

Yes I tend to shop with small businesses and avoid supermarkets, in return I find they give me better service in return and get me things I specifically want. Thats my choice as it is yours to look for the cheapest deal.

Sorry for not being more specific G is Gypsy.

I am not a confrontational person and have no wish to argue with you, I think, as you said people can draw their own conclusions, I also think the more facts they have the better they are able to do it.

Seeing you are getting into a confrontational mode I will withdraw from the debate, it is starting to look like some of the threads at OG and thats the last thing I would like to see happen here at uk420. If I have been the cause of it I apologise to Joolz and the uk420 team.

NFM