Mdf, Is It Ok ?

Spliffy

for pimp :spliff:

pdf document

ppe is there for a reason i suggest everyone uses it :blub: i work with alot of nasty chemicals ans nasty corrosive materials and damaging to the body

now if i wore ppe then maybe i wouldn't have went in for major surgery at xmas ? bake yer noodle that one ;)

also after reading your link pimp does that product hold british saftey certificates ? ie is it legitimetly sold in the uk ?

Edited by DarK$idE

PMSL

I`m not argueing with you m8y, but how many people do you think are using that product?

& ofcourse any small particles will be dangerous to the human respitory system...

Specially if it contains resins such as in MDF.

Besides, just read the 2nd link I posted, it`s Uk based and probly more relevent to us here. :spliff:

or this from the 1st link:

Urea formaldehyde is always being slowly released from the surface of MDF. When painting it is good idea to coat the whole of the product in order to seal in the urea formaldehyde

Sorry just not for me... :blub:

Edited by MDP

My grow room is lined with MDF, ;) and I sealed mine with a couple of coats of PVA prior to painting it. I watered the PVA down and it just all absorbed :spliff: But it was still murder to paint took a few coats to cover it.... it is horrible stuff. :blub:

EO.

Bollox.

Am now thinking of getting a sheet of white plastic say 3mm thick, putting that over the top of the mdf, and using bathroom sealant around the edges to seal the dreaded mdf away forever.

I have normal MDF in my room unpainted, is it really that bad?? I did alright my last crop and I had all my plants sitting on a table made out of MDF ?