Home Made Accoustic Ducting

MU

Had a listen to one of these the other day the 8 inch job was unbelievably quiet, while shifting a lot of air. By comparison my Lti sounds like being in the middle of Heathrow.

Guest artofzen

a 315 rvk is about the quietest of the lot as the air is not compressed so much meaning you don,t get the same "howl" that you do with the smaller ones..

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ArtofZen! Do you mean that because the fan has a larger diameter then it can move the same amount of air with a slower oscillation speed? hence quiter?

Perhaps I didnt understand you correctly ;)

Im pretty loaded right now.

B

• 3 weeks later...

just to add to this my limited and youthful knowledge:

yep straight from the horses mouth ( a hydro shop) acoustic ductin is boolocks! its for retaining heat rather than sound. he recommended going to a plumbing shop and asking for the foam sheet stuff thats a bit like cotton wool and rap it around your ducting.

also- the tighter the ducting ( i.e. the more it is strecthed) teh better

- AND - i used bubble wrap to add to my gungee cord upgrade to deaden a bass ound echoing thru my flat comin form the fan and th ducting and it worked to a degree

but OWD is right bubble wrap wont really work but you will notice a slight difference. enough for me to be happy now

:) id beg to differ on the acoustic ducting not making it sound quieter :smoke:

i use it on 8" and 6" and now mdp is using it on his 6" and it makes it alot quieter :wacko: your hydro shop person is obviously someoen who hasnt tried it :yep: cause if he did he wouldnt have made a comment liek that :yep:

its called acoustic becuase ? its for audio

it would be called thermal ducting if it was for heat dont you think

do a google search on the internet :nazi: then go back with info to pass onto your hydro shop guy :)

Ok guys fari play, id listen to yoir advice over a hydro shop any day. Like i said ive never tried and only tawt it was fomr a valuable source - obviously NOT!

Devil - i agree man, it must be called acoustic for a reason!!! But when 2 hydro guys are standing in front of you tellin you otherwise, well it does make you thin when your a newbie, you know?

well there you go, looks like im gonna be ordering some acoustic ducting from somewhere else! Wonder ifg that Growdoctor dude ever opened his shop yet? said theere were supposed ot be some goods deals............

iced never think your a newb in ah ydro shop :yinyang:

tbh you prolly hold more info than them :thumsup: read up here more and you will soon know lol

when they tell you shit liek that again laugh inside you mind then walk out and pm joolz lol see if he can scource ya it lol

no bullshit and everying does what it says on the tin ;)

failign that ask a member for advice before trusting hydro shop owners :)

theyre unscrupelous charecters, not all tho ;)