Diy Co2

thclee

i want to use co2 in my room ,i hear their is a way to ferment your own like home brew .any ideas on the best way to do this.will it make plenty 4 a 20 sq ft room .wot is the best method is it true or is my mate pullin my leg . :smoke:

The best method isto get a big bottle of co2, and a thing for regulating the flow of it (is it a valve they call them things?).

You can get some pretty good ones I think which lets yu just set the size of your room, but I'v got one which you have to set yourself, and I just don't know what the dials and things mean. (Someone else has it just now, so hopefully they will work it out for me. B) )

(I'm also pretty certain that co2 is only of benefit if all other factors in your growroom are running at optimum performance, so I hope you're running a tight ship there)

(Oh yes, and too much of it will kill yer plants I think)

The best method isto get a big bottle of co2, and a thing for regulating the flow of it (is it a valve they call them things?).

You can get some pretty good ones I think which lets yu just set the size of your room, but I'v got one which you have to set yourself, and I just don't know what the dials and things mean. (Someone else has it just now, so hopefully they will work it out for me.  B) )

(I'm also pretty certain that co2 is only of benefit if all other factors in your growroom are running at optimum performance, so I hope you're running a tight ship there)

(Oh yes, and too much of it will kill yer plants I think)

409686[/snapback]

thats a bit too much for me dont want tanks n things in my grow room .ive heard u can get 1 gallon drum n put yeast n water .this gives of co2 cheap n basic thats me .dont want to mess with bottles n pipes to much like hard work n money :smoke:

There is a way to do it, but I would not bother as it will not produce the 1500ppm (parts per million) that will be effective. We normally have CO2 present at 300 ppm in air, more in cities and near major highways due to gas emissions from transport and industry.

If you want to try then get yourself a couple of gallon glass demi-johns, the ones you would use to make wine etc. You will need stoppers and 2 water S bend release valve, all very cheap. Add half a pound of sugar and dissolve using WARM water to half volume. Then fill up remainder with cold water so the end temperature is tepid. Then add some brewers yeast, Boots etc..., The yeast will feed on the sugar producing ethanol and CO2 as a by product. Bit smelly.

Personally, I tried this once and gave up on it. Went out and bought a CO2 enhancement unit which is supplied by a 6kg C02 bottle. Works very well IMHO.

EmB.

(I'm also pretty certain that co2 is only of benefit if all other factors in your growroom are running at optimum performance,
:smoke:

co2 can cause problems if light/temp/condiction aren't right thclee, save your money and time.... :headpain:

unless of course you are doing a brew anyway but i dont think the amount created by diy means, is enough to make any big difference anyway.

edited to add nice one emb... :yinyang:

Edited by sittingrelaxing

:smoke:

co2 can cause problems if light/temp/condiction aren't right thclee, save your money and time.... :headpain:

unless of course you are doing a brew anyway but i dont think the amount created by diy means, is enough to make any big difference anyway.

409702[/snapback]

Yep. You do need to have your Grow Enviro finely tuned in to go down that route.

Took me a while and some pennies to get mine sorted.

EmB.

Made CO2 with vinegar and bicarbinate of Soda. First grow so no comparison possible but plants were very lush and health so didnt damage them. Down side, grow room honks of vinegar.

nuther way is with yeast, but as yeast is alive and I was unsure of any possible side effects to plants chemistry.

id be the person using shadys co2 :smoke: its easy to work out litres per space if ya have a spare half an hour and a decent thinking maths brain :headpain:

optimum conditions must be adhered too, you also have to run hotter for co2 to work ie instead of 25oc u need to run 30-31oc :blub: also a humidity of 55% kept constant

air exchange is what ruins ppl's co2 ie ppl who vent straight after or while using the co2 arent using there co2 to fulkl advantage usual background co2 in normal air os 350parts per million

plants can absorb upto 1500ppm so with a background of 350 ppm you qwould be ideally raising it by 1100ppm using the co2 cylinder

anythign over 1500 ppm and your plants will suffer in a bad way ie die quickly

co2 is a great thing for maximising yields

the thing is not meny ppl grow or can grow in the optimum condiitons so alot gets wasted im lucky i have large fans large lights and loads of space and i know alittle bit growing which helps :no:

reciculation of air is better in co2 than removal ;) obviously you remove the stale air but not every 5 mins or whenever yer timers are set too ;)

pd666 fuck it im havign a master kush splif

ps ppl that say give them more air and it helps talk bollocks as 350 ppm doesnt even cut it to what a plant can absorb :yinyang: 1500ppm a huge diffrence in yield compared to 350 ppm

you can change air all day long with a background of 350ppm and the plant wont do any better as the ppm is always the same constant

start feeding them 1500ppm and watch the diffrence, anyoen who says diffrent is talking pish and wind

sorry dig for whoever it was that told me normal air is okay :ninja: yea sure it is but 1500ppm is better :blub:

Edited by Paradox Devil666

There is a way to do it, but I would not bother as it will not produce the 1500ppm (parts per million) that will be effective. We normally have CO2 present at 300 ppm in air, more in cities and near major highways due to gas emissions from transport and industry.

If you want to try then get yourself a couple of gallon glass demi-johns, the ones you would use to make wine etc. You will need stoppers and 2 water S bend release valve, all very cheap. Add half a pound of sugar and dissolve using WARM water to half volume. Then fill up remainder with cold water so the end temperature is tepid. Then add some brewers yeast, Boots etc..., The yeast will feed on the sugar producing ethanol and CO2 as a by product. Bit smelly.

Personally, I tried this once and gave up on it. Went out and bought a CO2 enhancement unit which is supplied by a 6kg C02 bottle. Works very well IMHO.

EmB.

409697[/snapback]

going to have a go ,this is only the second grow i have done,im just fine tuning my room as i go on .had one crop to compare so will c if any better with this set up will keep a diary of grow , pics n all that .hope to b getting clones on thursday so will start diary then. this is all new to me the growin n internet lark . best site ive been on though lol

id be the person using shadys co2 lol its easy to work out litres per space if ya have a spare half an hour and a decent thinking maths brain lol

optimum conditions must be adhered too, you also have to run hotter for co2 to work ie instead of 25oc u need to run 30-31oc ;) also a humidity of 55% kept constant

air exchange is what ruins ppl's co2 ie ppl who vent straight after or while using the co2 arent using there co2 to fulkl advantage  usual background co2 in normal air os 350parts per million

plants can absorb upto 1500ppm  so with a background of 350 ppm you qwould be ideally raising it by 1100ppm using the co2 cylinder

anythign over 1500 ppm and your plants will suffer in a bad way ie die quickly

co2 is a great thing for maximising yields

the thing is not meny ppl grow or can grow in the optimum condiitons so alot gets wasted im lucky i have large fans large lights and loads of space  and i know alittle bit growing which helps :)

reciculation of air is better in co2 than removal :) obviously you remove the stale air but not every 5 mins or whenever yer timers are set too :)

pd666 fuck it im havign a master kush splif

ps ppl that say give them more air and it helps talk bollocks  as 350 ppm doesnt even cut it to what a plant can absorb lol 1500ppm a huge diffrence in yield compared to 350 ppm

you can change air all day long with a background of 350ppm and the plant wont do any better as the ppm is always the same constant

start feeding them 1500ppm and watch the diffrence,  anyoen who says diffrent is talking pish and wind

sorry dig for whoever it was that told me normal air is okay lol yea sure it is but 1500ppm is better ;)

409718[/snapback]

CO2 works for me as you might have noticed. I run it every grow now after a few trial and errors getting it set up for the Grow Room. It will raise temps a few degrees and that was an initial problem. Think the whole Grow Enviro is pretty much sorted for my current requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks will get co2 in room just clones r holdin me up got sum seeds off another mate so will have a go with them thanks 4 all ya help :yinyang:

Been reading about adding extra co2 to ya grow room. By using the yeast method in bottles.

Was starting to getting all excited. till i read that it doesn’t make much difference.

…….Downer. ;)

Plan B Then it is ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

wot i read is that if its not over 25 sqf size ya g r it works a treat I'm giving it a go on this crop :yinyang:

is it 25 square feet or cubic feet, as i'm looking at co2 units at the moment my room is roughly 85ft3

how do you set the fans up for you co2 when using the cannisters, as i found a unit that you just set to the size of your room,