Dutch Passion 2024 - General Thread

Antonio_DutchPassion

6 hours ago, Antonio_DutchPassion said:

How long did you veg them for if I may ask?

Just trawled my diary and I can confirm they had 6 weeks from germinating to flipping to 12/12.

3/8 actually popped, 2 survived, of which one exhibited whorled phylotaxy all the way up its lofty 5ft.

The plants never actually looked happy at any point, started out lime green and stayed that way.

large.received_4575739119128707.jpeg.94d4dd96c0b847d27606d4b2cbe2887b.jpegWhorled phylotaxy plant

large.received_1074154700007464.jpeg.3b645f812825384606705134969cd15b.jpegThe black leb on the left with much younger subscriber created plants on the right.

I got cheesed off and stopped taking pictures of em from here on out by the looks of it lol

I second exactly what was mentioned above though, massively long internodes, like 5 or 6 inches, never seen anything like it.

Turns out I'd completely forgotten about the pack of sugarbomb punch Mrs Pump bought that gave 0/5 plants, explains the stickers on the fridge though!

• Like 3
  • WOW 1

6 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

whorled phylotaxy

FFS that's what I meant when I said trifolate which means something completely different but that's what I called the photo 3 or 4 years ago and I just mindlessly repeated it even though I know better now lol

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

massively long internodes, like 5 or 6 inches,

I just remembered their nonsense description:

She grows between 80cm and 1.50 m tall and is also very suited to the SOG grow technique. SCROG is possible but takes longer because she isn't the stretchiest of strains.

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@latigid aikon that photo i posted is called exactly that too , im also a pillock :yep:

@OldFord turns up just in time to show us what we could have won

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

@latigid aikon that photo i posted is called exactly that too , im also a pillock :yep:

@OldFord turns up just in time to show us what we could have won

I honestly think the Black Leb just simply dont like captivity mate.

You all seen the last few years garden BL's and even the first time growers pics from last years garden runs,  really nice plants.

Ismit poss they just dont like the indoor life ?      I ask this mainly as one of the fellow old gits ran her indoors and lets say it outgrew the tent and ended up outdoors where she then behaved and romped home.   

YES i have Black Leb again this year, in fact i have 2 ...as more is betterer lol  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Ismit poss they just dont like the indoor life ?  

It certainly looks that way, they should change the description to say that!

Their blurb also says it produces 20% thc indoors but only 15-20% outdoors which makes it sound like they have some idea how it grows but then they say "she isn't the stretchiest of strains." which suggests they have no idea lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Id have to agree they weren't happy indoors, shame really.

• Like 1

I'm running 2 forbidden cherries this year.

One in a 12lt pot, the other in a 20lt. 

Just to see is there much difference in size

5 hours ago, OldFord said:

YES i have Black Leb again this year, in fact i have 2 ...as more is betterer

Isn't it just indeed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Celtic voyager said:

Outdoors or Indoors?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NotGoingGoa said:

Outdoors or Indoors?

Outdoors 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Celtic voyager said:

One in a 12lt pot, the other in a 20lt. 

Just to see is there much difference in size

Forgot to add

A cbd blackberry kush as well.

• Haha 1

I have seen very happy indoor growers of the Black Lebanon too mates.. but each environment is different and there are so many variables that could have an affect on how it grows/stretches.. your stretch was quite extreme to be honest, I have seen a few other plants exhibit some stretch before but nothing too extreme in my opinion.

I agree the info on the SSSC site can be a bit confusing.. :

She grows between 80cm and 1.50 m tall and is also very suited to the SOG grow technique. SCROG is possible but takes longer because she isn't the stretchiest of strains

-------

It's not very common to see a plant this vigorous with such growth speed.

But as @OldFord says, it could be she likes the outdoor environment a bit more, also coming from the old-school heritage landrace genetics she orginally comes from.. Its definitely something I'll give as feedback to the guy in charge there, and something the breeder can hopefully work on.

Regarding the non-germinated seeds of the Sugar Bomb Punch and Black Lebanon, where did you buy these?

And did you contact us about it?

We are always willing to help our customers, as well as sending out replacements if necessary.. just so you know mate. We are here to help where we can..

Hope you all have a good day

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Antonio_DutchPassion said:

your stretch was quite extreme

What about the whorled phillotaxy and mutants?

Is it possible me and @BilgePump got dodgy seeds because I haven't seen anyone else mention those traits?

FWIW mine were given to me by you presumably with the hope I'd say nice things about them... And I think @BilgePump got his at the same time? That was when you first resurrected the SSSC brand, were the very first seeds you supplied the same as those in later batches?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bang on @latigid aikon , got em off sssc david :yep:.. i wondered the same.

@Antonio_DutchPassion The sugarbomb punch were bought direct from the dp website , i didn't contact you guys about them because I'd pretty much lost faith in the seedbank by the time those pips failed to germ.

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 1