How old are your genetics?

Amnesialocal

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

our genetics are thousands of years old

Although the pool genetic  is very huge, I am not so sure we can back on time so much.

There is actually somewhere over here a thread mentioning exactly how difficult if not impossible would be to retrieve old original genetics traits from the current genetic pool ( like to find Colombian gold traits in a skunk). But definitely gene frequency is that....a variation...nothing new isn't?

• Like 1

I’d like to thank all the old Silk Road traders  for helping humans to cultivate and distribute this wonderful plant over the last few millennia. Without their dedication, we’d be more booze soaked than ever. 🪴

• Like 4

a mate of mine, who i havnt seen for years has a mum that must be 30+ years old. (if he still has it)   its like a gnarly old walnut tree.

i "had" some cracking old genetics i was saving, boxes of them... but the horrible filth took them all.

i did hear through the grapevine that the chief cuntstable has a cracking cut or two tho :)

my advice....dont save them for a rainy day...it might not come.....get em soaked

• Like 8

I had saved a pack each of plushberry and cheese quake for about 10 years but only managed to get one or two to germ, was gutted. The plants I got ended up being shite/ average anyway tho haha so wasn’t that bothered in the end 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Although the pool genetic  is very huge, I am not so sure we can back on time so much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis#History

According to genetic and archaeological evidence, cannabis was first domesticated about 12,000 years ago in East Asia during the early Neolithic period.

Many thanks all.

It's true that the title is probably misleading:)

My concept of preservation feel very ephimeral after your comments.

I always appreciate your advises.

So I put on water the oldest I have ....

• Like 2

Oldest I've got are probably 8ish years old, but that's bag seed and stuff I saved from hermie plants. Really need to do a clear out and bung the duff seed into flower beds in the local park or something.

I've found the more I've grown the more I'm honing in on a few seed lines I can repro and keep running forever. There's very little I want to buy now and I don't even know if I'll bother with those purchases as I'll never be able to grow out what I currently have.

• Like 4

@JockBudman what lines are they?

My oldest seeds are Ghanaian, I'm not sure how old. I went through trying to germinate all the old ones a while ago.

• Like 4

I have some freeze land and some others what I got off Cress.Baldman monkey and some Danish lads which will be 15 years old and some off cress will be 17-18 years peace Goohfy.

• Like 4

18 years ! do you think theres any chance of germination ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kc stoner said:

18 years ! do you think theres any chance of germination ?

You should tell us.

Wish you all the best:)

• Like 1

I have a few packs of Ugorg Blues which are probably my oldest seeds, released 2010 or 12 I believe so over a decade I'd believe. I have had decent germ rates with them a couple of years ago and want to revisit them soon.!Peace. 

• Like 2

My oldest are from 2013/14 I think. Abusive og x cherry bomb, I'll put them in dirt tomorrow and see what happens 

• Like 2

Krinkle  from clone............... to this day.!!!!!!

One strain............we saved 🤟

after sadly losing the Chemo,,, Hash ,,,,,Skunk..................LIKE MORONS ,,🤢,,,who thought "NEW" things COULD better🤦‍♂️ 

what a friggin fuck up 

live and lean folks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gb1 said:

Krinkle  from clone............... to this day.!!!!!!

Canadian Crinkle?