LED lighting for DR60

Drea_x

Just filled out the thing 4 times and get the something went wrong message at the end and have to start all over again :wallbash:

@monkeypig Had to fill it out on the PC as it just didn't want to do it on the app.

Now under review, fingers crossed I can get my money back 🤞

I could put it towards a British rosin press company.

• Like 1

Viparspectra p600 (100w) is also not bad at all. Not good as the 150pro, but you can find it for £70, and often more than 50% than the 150.

• Like 1

Hiya @Drea_x welcome to UK420 :) 

I dunno how much experience you’ve got or how much reading you’ve done about growing using LEDs.

All the hype about LEDs being more efficient than other types of lighting is true,

but the efficiency comes from producing less heat.

So you’ll probably need to add back in some heat,

heat mats and tube heaters are ideal.

Other essential equipment for a successful grow using LEDs,

will be an EC fan(extraction) and a speed controller,

ideally the controller responds to temperature and humidity triggers 👍

Under HPS/CMH I used to have problems staying under 28C,

now under LEDs I run my environment around 28 - 33C :) 

Have a gander at my diaries in my signature 👀

and feel free to ask any questions.

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

Hey @Shumroom and thanks for the warm welcome 🙂

This will be my first attempt at growing with LEDs...I used a 600w hps for flowering in the past always struggled to keep my temps down. 

Thanks for the tip about adding back heat.. Luckily I still have a heat mat lying around from when I used to grow mushrooms! 

I really wanna automate my environment as much as I can, looking into controllers and EC fans today to see what I can find. 👀

I also need to get myself the quietest extraction fan possible due to having to grow in the corner of my bedroom. The old fan I had years ago sounded like a plane taking off lol. Im hoping I can find one much quieter or I won't be getting much sleep! 

Thanks again, will have a browse through your diaries for some inspiration 💚

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Drea_x said:

I also need to get myself the quietest extraction fan possible due to having to grow in the corner of my bedroom. The old fan I had years ago sounded like a plane taking off lol. Im hoping I can find one much quieter or I won't be getting much sleep

AC Infinity 4 inch with one of their controllers. I've been sleeping next to mine for years, doubt you'll find anything quieter without spending a lot of money. I've been looking at fans again recently as I'm planning a new space and the ACI units are still looking like the best bang for buck. 

• Like 3

AC Infinity might be my only option due to space limitations, I can't find much else in 4".  I've heard good things about Phresh Stealth but the smallest they make is 6" which is gonna be too large for my growspace. 

Good to hear you've been sleeping next to your setup without any issues! I can't function without my beauty sleep 😅

• Haha 1

Yeah I think Spider farmer and mars hydro do their own ec fans, but they're not much cheaper and aren't as tried and tested. 

It did take a bit of getting used to if I'm honest and in the summer when it running at higher speeds and ramping up and down it can be quite annoying, but it's not really the fan, just the sound of air movement. Keep your ducting and short straight as possible and maybe get some oversized acoustic ducting with an adapter. That will help keep the sound to a minimum. 

E2A also you'll need some circulation fans for inside the tent, mine are generally louder than the extractor fan. For a 60 x 60 I'd recommend some of the 12v 1 amp pc fans you can get from brands like uphere or eluteng, they're very quiet and reliable and much more powerful than the USB powered PC fans. I run 2 above canopy and one below. You can see pictures in my mansion diary in my signature:hippy:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

The AC Infinity Cloudray fans fit nicely into a 60x60 tent

As you can see in the pic clipped onto the pole.

large.20240209_072518.jpg.c469d3988b9d51912f6d44f81af6637d.jpg

Currently using these really good USB fans in my wardrobe, they are powerful and quite even on lowest setting.

Running two for circulation and one above the light facing downwards to cool the driver and push the heat from it down to the plants.

large.20240426_212040.jpg.144b72137c8d1cc173d33d85e6c2b3ce.jpg

I tried a crap load of fans(PC, Desktop and Hanging) and these were so good a bought a load of them while they was on sale, if you need a link dm me

Edited by Military Grade

Thanks for the tips @MindSoup and @Military Grade 🙂

I'm beginning to accept that I'm going to have to put up with a bit of noise regardless. Ventilation and air circulation is never gonna be complete silent...

Worth it for a healthy garden i guess! I'll invest in some earplugs and hopefully it won't affect my sleep too much 🤞💚

• Like 2

It'll be worth it and like I say you get used to it. Now when I'm away from home and sleep in a room without a tent it feels oddly quiet lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Haha 3