Fan speed while harvesting

Twiki

21 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Probably one of the worst cases of bad advice I’ve ever seen on this site :russian:

Oh my god no! Do not squirt that into the tent!!! Jesus H C. Seal the tent up then spray.

• Haha 1

Bloomin' Lunatic.

Edited by Lux_Interior
Bobs your barman.

On 20/04/2024 at 13:06, Lux_Interior said:

Fans off completely for at least a week. 

Why?

I dont think he means the extraction off, that would risk mould

Withnailia 

Edited by Slippy One

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Why?

No literally. I might open the tent for a while each day. But the slower you can dry your weed the better. If you whack your extraction fans on you are drawing aroma and flavor out the tent.

Don’t open the tent leave it alone u shouldn’t be going in there till after 10days plus for a check, just keep the room in check u got the tent in and keep it dark

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Killuminati7 said:

... keep it dark

That is the key. Check an eye on temps & humidity but I don't turn extraction on for a week. I guess it depends on personal conditions and grow-rooms too.

• Like 1

@Lux_Interior  Please stop giving terrible advice. You do you, but don't encourage members to get nicked because they stink put their street.

Please people, leave your extract on, but turned down. Do NOT leave your extract off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Never, ever turn extraction off completely...asking for a visit!! :police:

Just leave the fan as it is, no need to adjust or fiddle with it during harvest.

If it's coped with the smell for all the time the plants were growing, it will certainly cope now.

After harvest turn it down to slow the dry by all means, make sure you maintain negative pressure though.

:oldtoker:

• Like 6

On 19/04/2024 at 17:29, Twiki said:

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's worth turning the extract up to full speed whilst harvesting? or just keep the extract at same speed? 

I never used to have to worry about the smell, but I'm in a more built up area now and need to make sure I'm not stinking the street out!

Thanks...

Do you have a fan controller on your extraction fan?

My advice is to have extraction on full while harvesting and to minimise the time the tent is open and smell escaping you could remove fan leaves gradually over the few days before harvest (will also help air circulation around buds to reduce risk of budrot). It's also a lot easier and gives better buds if you only trim big leaves before drying and then finish trimming once dry (the moisutre in the small leaves will also help slow down the drying process which is key). When my buds are hanging to dry I try to run the extraction fan on 20 or maybe 40% to slow down drying - as long as you have negative pressure! Negative pressure is the all important thing here for security and keep you also need to keep an eye on humidity to keep the drying area under 60% ideally.

For extra peace of mind I have left tubs of ONA gel etc in other parts of the house and also like using a spare extraction fan and filter (filter stood upright with fan just duct taped on and a little ducting off the end) in the room I'm trimming in.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies all... the deed is now done and all good 👍 

It's been a while since I've grown, and last place I was in, was in the middle of nowhere, so chopping wasn't a problem for smells...now I'm in a built up area with neighbours houses just over an arms length away, so was worried on smell! Hence why I asked if worth putting extract on to full speed whilst chopping the plants down! 

Which I did and now its back to 20% and all drying well .

Appreciate the help and no..... I didn't and wouldn't turn extract off?? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Please stop giving terrible advice. You do you, but don't encourage members to get nicked because they stink put their street.

OK. I've never had an issue though.