dead, brown tips to leaves?

disco survivor

I'd definitely chuck that manky looking coriander.

On 16/04/2024 at 20:51, darXound said:

Temps are on the low side for veg, but imo that wouldn't cause what you're seeing. I think they just need feeding and a little less light... also check the PH in your soil (and the calibration of your meter)

Thanks for all the great advice.

Had a mate come over yesterday who is a commercial grower. He brought a pro soil testing kit with him. pH is at 8.5 and he thinks the plants have a potassium deficiency. He's tweaked a few things and I'm going to be adding some citric acid to the water for a couple of weeks and see how I get on with a lower pH. 

• Like 1

Thought ur not meant to fuck with soil ph , can bring u more probs 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Killuminati7 said:

Thought ur not meant to fuck with soil ph , can bring u more probs 

I'm a complete amateur when it comes to growing indoors hence asking the question. From what I've been told through, the pH of the growing medium is out of sync with the plants and possibly preventing the plants from taking up vital nutrients. There is plenty of potassium in the compost but the plants are not taking it up. Only correcting the imbalance in the pH will resolve this (potentially). Adding a high potassium fertiliser to the pots will do nothing. I'll report back once the plants have been given a couple of weeks to recover.

You don't adjust ph when you are growing in compost. I'm with everyone else in here, your roots are too cold.

• Like 4

Your just have to vote the bullet and get some heatmats there not that bad to run mine are all on all the time at the mo 

• Like 1

Was ment to say bite the bullet not VOTE the bullet lollol 

• Haha 2

To be fair to the OP, i had a similar problem a couple of years ago.

I bought a couple of bags of Clover mpc, and after a few weeks my plants started to show signs of distress.

I tried everything to try and sort it, 1/2 feeds, getting temps up, silicone. Iirc i even had a few help me threads on here.

I noticed one of my mums was still looking good and it dawned on me the only thing different was the soil.

I stopped using Clover mpc and went back to Biobizz Light mix.

By this time a couple of the plants with Clover were in flower, and i battled problems the whole way through, with very poor results.

The newer plants in the lightmix sailed through veg and flower with barely a problem.

I do a perpetual grow btw.

My point is, that imo it was the compost that was causing the problem. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Subutai said:

My point is, that imo it was the compost that was causing the problem. 

I (and many others on here) have done grows start to finish with Clover MPC with no issues (apart from the bloody fungus gnats it comes with)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

I (and many others on here) have done grows start to finish with Clover MPC with no issues (apart from the bloody fungus gnats it comes with)

I agree with you that many members use it and have had good results using it.  Thats why I bought some.

But in my case, it's my opinion that the stuff I had was bad for my plants.

Maybe it was a bad batch?

Even the few babies I had, picked back up when they were potted up using light mix.

35 minutes ago, Subutai said:

Even the few babies I had, picked back up when they were potted up using light mix.

Is it possible you overfed young plants in Clover?

It's got a load of nutrients in it compared to light mix so if you were giving young plants in clover any feed in the first couple of weeks, even 1/2 strength, it was probably too much.

Clover has changed, it's also weak as ants piss, always found them getting hungery before it was time to pot up with the newer versions, BioBizz light mix is much better when it comes to this.

I'm not the only one on here who has noticed Clover is not the same anymore. My first bag was good a couple of years ago, but the two bags after that was strange, this was when I was still just using FishMix and Bloom, plants didn't like it like the fist bag. The rest got donated to my mums garden.

She asked the other day if she could use some of my soil and pointed at the BioBizz, I said "No way Pedro" I had been watching Only Fools and Horses lol

That's the only down side of BioBizz light mix, not bloody cheap.

Edited by Military Grade
Add a bit more context to my initial comments.
  • Like 1

I just had to get some tropic light mix no BB light mix was a bit cheaper tho , has anyone used it???

• Like 1

I've heard others use it and recommend it, never used it myself, but might give it ago once my current bag of soil runs out.

• Like 1