Reversing light schedule rule?

Slippy One

Hi all, I wanted to reverse my 9am to 9pm schedule. She’s only been flowering 2 days so still vegging, just wonder if an extra long day is best or extra long night, to catch up with reversed lighting schedule. 

does it matter? My instinct says extra long night but need confirmation.. 🙏🏼

Whenever i've done this, it's the night I extend. I always do it a couple hours at a time though, I've never flipped the cycle all at once

Plants determine the "season" by the lenght of "night" (that's how the gas lantern method works). So since you already flipped: what @darXound said

• Like 1

Ok that sounds easy, like 3-4hrs extra sleep each day over a few days?  I thought getting it over with overnight would fly under her radar, a few days might get noticed.. I should've thought about this before switching to 12:12../

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Ok that sounds easy, like 3-4hrs extra sleep each day over a few days?  I thought getting it over with overnight would fly under her radar, a few days might get noticed.. I should've thought about this before switching to 12:12../

May well be fine to just do it all at once, I really don't know. I just do it incrementally if I have to, just in case 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Right, I'll let them sleep all day until lights on. The only reason is heat issues, yesterday was 20 here, cabinet was struggling to stay under 28C. Lights on at 9pm makes sense for cooling.. 

Just now, Slippy One said:

Right, I'll let them sleep all day until lights on. The only reason is heat issues, yesterday was 20 here, cabinet was struggling to stay under 28C. Lights on at 9pm makes sense for cooling.. 

Makes sense for your electric bill too 😏... unless your tariff is the same all day 🤷‍♂️

I have a prepay meter here, it's 1 tariff only. They still do cheaper leccy at night? I thought most energy companies stopped that..

Generally off-peaks hours are still a thing. It should be the same with pre-pay. I'd have a look at your tariff options if I were you as even if you pay a bit more during the day, you'll save a fortune at night when the lights are on

Being 2 days into flower it won't matter just flip the timer to suit yourself the dope will soon get synced 👌

• Like 9

I'd agree with @thekingofobsolete just get it done in one go mate, they'll adapt. I've regularly started the flower cycle off with 24 hrs of darkness. 

• Like 1

I reckon they're pushing these smart meters so they can introduce varying tarrifs, I bet it won't be long before we see it.

But yes I'd extend the dark period although as pointed out at 2 days I doubt it would upset them.

• Like 1

I concur with @thekingofobsolete, never been an issue with me either.

But maybe these are the hidden secrets of HID you guys arent supposed to know🤫

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC said:

I reckon they're pushing these smart meters so they can introduce varying tarrifs, I bet it won't be long before we see it.

Don't wanna sound all 1984 but these SMART meters are 'real time' data mining tools. Who is using what, where and when. Just like mobile phones. Interesting times ahead for the likes of us ! 

• Like 1