Timers

Dav105e

Hi all I have a question regarding timers. 
why do my leds stay very dim when they should be off when the timer shuts them off? I have oridget digital timers. Many thanks 

I'd say that's more your light than the timer. Have you tried another timer? I use the cheap segmental ones you can pick up at supermarkets/petrol stations.

Does it stay dim for a awhile or all the time?

It stays dim all the time. But if I plug straight into the wall and switch off then they go out, that’s why I thought it could be the timer

Try one of those cheap ones with the segments, never had any bother with mine. Only a few quid if it doesn't make a difference, can't think what else it would be. 

• Like 1

Agree with @KC i got a double pack from BM bargins of everready ones had them for several years now and faultless when it says off it means off.

• Like 1

Does your timer not turn the power off completely?

I use Tapo Smart plugs for my LEDS, never skipped a beat in over 4 years.

• Like 1

I've been using the cheapie segment timers for years with no issues.

If the light goes out when plugged directly into socket and only dims with timer,

then it's obviously the fecking timer! :wallbash:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

i got a double pack from BM bargins of everready ones

They was the first ones I bought and both didn't last a year, so I gave up on mechanical timers.  You must have got lucky, or i got unlucky lol

Edited by Military Grade

@Dav105e What light do you have btw?

Reason i ask (and not connected directly to thread) is that with my XS1500 Pro it only dims down to 5%, I can connect the light with light controllers like AC Infinity 69 Pro, but i still need a Smart Plug to make sure it fully turns off at the time the 69 Pro is intending to do so.

+1 for those using smart strips, mine is from Meross but it’s a joy to do all the timings using an app. 🫡 fuck all those noisy segmented jobbies, they sound like a wind up toy, which is a noise I’d rather not have. 🥳

• Haha 1

@Dav105e Are they the newer versions with the diodes spread closer to the edges of the board? 

I know the old ones would turn fully off when dimmed to 0, Not sure about the new ones tho.

57 minutes ago, Dav105e said:

These are the newer ones

Does the light turn fully off when dimmed to the lowest when plugged only into the wall?

Edited by Military Grade

16 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Does the light turn fully off when dimmed to the lowest when plugged only into the wall?

I’ve just checked and no. When dimmer is turned right down they stay on slightly

• Like 1