Transplanting Autos to site. Good or bad idea?

GuerillaOG

I used peat pots last year for my autos (first time ever growing autos) 

& put them straight into ground after 2 weeks from sprouting with no problems they finished around 3-4ft tall. 

This year I've gone for seedstockers critical xxl autos. Good luck mate

• Like 8

On 02/04/2024 at 20:14, CustardVape said:

Last season i used peat pots , same as above. Grew them under led for a week then transplanted them in the peat pot directly into final pots in my greenhouse , piece of piss 😃

Hi mate

Were these standard peat pots??

Do you think the seedlings do better, starting off in the peat pot, instead of placing seed into its final pot

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Celtic voyager said:

Hi mate

Were these standard peat pots??

Do you think the seedlings do better, starting off in the peat pot, instead of placing seed into its final pot

Yes standard peat pots sourced for the guys over at RGSC.  The main reason I started in peat pots is space , I doubt they do any better its just I can start off more at once then move to greenhouse.

Another thing I tried before transplanting was soaking the peat pot  and gently peeling the bottom away then placing in its final pot. Seemed to work well 👍

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 3

large.P1000984.JPG.6fd0bccb2267bca198b2521c759279e2.JPGlarge.P1010363.JPG.041be59bf553efbb123a87f66bb0db27.JPGlarge.user462206_pic1945785_1557820874.jpg.6e33c4bc99c89416ab4df4583e192245.jpglarge.user462206_pic1954645_1560691835.jpg.7fde192ac6392ccffcaa80a717eed324.jpg

42 minutes ago, CustardVape said:

Yes standard peat pots sourced for the guys over at RGSC.  

Always a good root system with them. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

How to use those peat pots?Do I just fill them with compost and water as I would with a plastic pot?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leges Violare said:

How to use those peat pots?Do I just fill them with compost and water as I would with a plastic pot?

Yep just compost and water as normal. Keep an eye on them though as they can dry out quickly. Best of all they can be transplanted straight into soil because they break down over time 👍

• Like 4

@Ch@ppers hi m8 , what compost were yo using in the pic' . an were there  root shoot's coming to the suface top, off the pot

some  auto 's seem to do this , maybee a tip for newbi's  first time i saw this i thought it was fungi on the compost , ???

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, geogeo said:

@Ch@ppers hi m8 , what compost were yo using in the pic' . an were there  root shoot's coming to the suface top, off the pot

some  auto 's seem to do this , maybee a tip for newbi's  first time i saw this i thought it was fungi on the compost , ???

@CustardVape sorry this was ment for yoou mate , kind regards geogeo ,( senior moment )

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CustardVape said:

Your confusing me now 😂

It was @Ch@ppers who posted the pics

It's OK, you can answer, it's a collective forum 🙂large.Screenshot_20210606_201152.jpg.5b97c3d480c81b178a522dfb0d05a609.jpglarge.Screenshot_20210605_210312.jpg.95b1240890d4d176fa1ed43276a9873b.jpg

• Like 5

I’m going to try using double solo cups this year a slotted one inside another then take the outer one off at transplant. 👍 

• Like 3

You can pot um up just don’t let that main root hit the bottom coz she will start her timer then , always better to start it in bigger final pot though 

• Like 1

@Ch@ppers im goin to keep on confusion you matey ,    i do it all the time lol lol to every one

nice pictures wish i can send mine in , did some one say its a lot easy'r now on the new web site ,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, geogeo said:

@Ch@ppers im goin to keep on confusion you matey ,    i do it all the time lol lol to every one

nice pictures wish i can send mine in , did some one say its a lot easy'r now on the new web site ,

Yes it's much easier. Just click create at the top of the page and away you go...

• Like 1

On 09/04/2024 at 17:17, geogeo said:

Much easier now! I wasn't able to upload from my laptop on old site despite trying many fixes but now on the new straight it worked first time and didn't even need to downsize them.