Is It Safe? ~ Ventilation

Chal

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

You never had the thought of ditching tent inside a drobe idea, just keeping the drobe?

😐 I am, currently, far too wrecked to even be capable of grasping that concept.

I'll get back to ye on that one. #cupboard

Has anyone ever cut up a fabric pot and used that material as a filter?

• Like 1

@Military Grade Nice bit of thinking outside the box, there, Graders! Way it's going? I might end up sacrificing one of my own fabric fuckers. I'm wondering if straight forward plastic pots might not suit my set up better.

Half envisage chucking a couple of Auto's outside ~ if I can yet find That spot for them! Either way, I'm not entirely sure I'm happy with them as my first choice 😐

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 16:16, Slippy One said:

You never had the thought of ditching tent inside a drobe idea, just keeping the drobe?

Sorry about that, Slips! Was absolutely wrecked, there. Slept on it and thought hard on it, all day.

Simplest and shortest explanation I can really offer is that my mind works like that 😐

I wanted to grow dope. Tent seemed the pop up answer to everything. Bought a tent. Everything was going along swimmingly, till my simple and 'One Step At A Time' mindset arrived at Humidity! Wow! Did it hit the fucking fan, there! :wallbash:

So, it came about that Insulation best suited my nightmare. So, I 'Insulated' my tent. That's how I came to have this 'Grobe / Drobe' thing here. Lined with a tent! 😂

• Like 1

I used a bit on my 80mm Grommet holes as a temporary measure. A bit of the back and a bit on the front with a slit in for the cables.

I'll be updating my grow diary a bit later with some pics.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chal said:

So, it came about that Insulation best suited my nightmare. So, I 'Insulated' my tent. That's how I came to have this 'Grobe / Drobe' thing here. Lined with a tent! 😂

I used van felt on my drobe, it has insulating properties and didn’t have the ducting/cable routing issues. Great thing about a wooden drobe is you can cut the extract/intake holes wherever you like. Some people using cool LED strips for lighting reverse the direction of extraction (extract from bottom, intakes above the light), in an aid to keeping the canopy warmer (light panels heating the cooler intake air). Good luck, remember to keep it simple. 👍🏼

large.IMG_2566.jpeg.99a805e5bdf893f62a866e5320cdb811.jpeg

And if you’re having humidity issues, insulation will make zero difference compared to venting outside the room, warm lights off temps, Argos dehumidifier, careful when boiling pasta, having a shower etc, and oversized extract fans that can really pull. Also, the passive intakes need to be minimum 3x the size of the extract, some say 4 or 5x. All of this will drop relative humidity more than a tent in a drobe combo. 🥳

Edited by Slippy One
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Slippy One said:

The passive intakes need to be minimum 3x the size of the extract, some say 4 or 5x. All of this will drop relative humidity ...

Wow. I was just saying, in a PM, the other night; 'All this for just the grobe. Then, I have the entire 'Tent' thing to set up.'

Now, I'm having to stop and think about even the vent hole(s?) Fuck. Thanks for the heads up!

I should be able to cut a new lid, for the grobe, tomorrow. Then, before I can ever rivet That into place? Exhaust vent.

Only, I've been working on gates and fences, instead. Physically procrastinating, while, unconsciously, watching my step. Now we see why 😐

😂 Fucking seeds I bought will be Fossilised, before I'm ever ready to get them wet!

You should just grow in the tent if it's your first grow. Stop faffing already. 

• Like 1

As slippy says, get that tent up and running! It's easy to overthink everything at first, plus, you'll undoubtedly make mistakes your first grows so just use this as a learning curve and then when you know how you like things, start building something if you still fancy it.

Good luck with whatever you do, but pop some seeds already. :thumsup:

:yinyang:

I think he’s already done a grow and the drobe was somehow necessary to fix humidity? Anyway good luck, don’t over complicate ventilation and enjoy watching them grow. 🫡

Oh ok, good luck with it then @Chal I'd say slips your man for building a drobe grow👍

How's the sativa coming along anyway@Slippy One I've got some little ones in veg now.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

You should just grow in the tent ... Stop faffing. 

Been through all that :( Very particular situation here.

9 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

How's the sativa coming along anyway@Slippy One I've got some little ones in veg now.

Managed to find 2 ladies (Zamaldelica & Panama), but time has run out to flower them this winter so will keep them as mums until autumn, it’s minimum 14 weeks flowering and the Panama looks like a 20 weeker, as she didn’t show sex until 4 weeks 12:12.. 😩