Sardines?

fidelandche

Fish blood and bones normally in powder form is In the ration 4-7-4 NPK.

Ideally mixed in the potting soil during preparation ( 25-70gr sqm depending of the product). Release nitrogen very quick and help vege but release slowly potassium and phosphorus ( or at least this what I have always thought) for flower.

2 kg cost £5-8? More or less ( old school 🤘) or peasant better :)

You can sprinkler a teaspoon every few weeks 2-4 on the top and water ( but need to sprinkler without producing spots ) during high demands ( July August in my case)

Works wonderful for tomatoes, vegetables in general ( fruity mainly) and flower...never tried for indoor house plants or herbs for example.

Together with bat guano, warmcast, manure ( the one that smell the better), there is more and even too much if not mixed correctly for a super soil of full flower ( at least for tomatoes)and maybe short vege.

For the lazy growers, I recently found a pellet version slow releaseand that could be mixed with soil or Coco 😎 for tap water dripping experimentz.

It is a 5-3,5-6 also relatively cheap.

140gr for Sqm

I count 1 Sqm as 100l ( 1x1x0.1)

So here I have it ready for a raised bed

large.IMG_20240328_212315.jpg.8d84a2509cb6f3ec2939cb7f95d46b43.jpg

Note:

In my opinion if you are using fishmix (Biobizz at least) during all the cycle, you don't need any carbon filter as the smell of fish will saturate any other odour :)

• Like 4

On 28/03/2024 at 21:52, Amnesialocal said:

In my opinion if you are using fishmix (Biobizz at least) during all the cycle, you don't need any carbon filter as the smell of fish will saturate any other odour :)

Oh! The fucking Horror!!! 😱

😂 Imagine making That mistake, right in ye living room, then having to Live with it, belching out, till it ever died down! 🤢 (Be like the Councillor who passed a motion and had to carry it!)

Nice one, Reg! :(

No idea why anyone would even consider doing this lol If your going to the hassle and expense of growing indoors just buy a bottle of fertiliser

18 hours ago, Chal said:

Oh! The fucking Horror!!! 😱

😂 Imagine making That mistake, right in ye living room, then having to Live with it, belching out, till it ever died down! 🤢 (Be like the Councillor who passed a motion and had to carry it!)

Nice one, Reg! :(

Dont get me wrong.

Fish smell is personally something I don't like, maybe others doesn't care.

The smell with ventilation disappear after few hours, so it is not so terrible.

Fish mix together with calcified sea weed are the best of the best products on the market imho ( for organic growers).

Both relatively cheap, easy to find ( even big supermarkets) and very efficient.

My idea of soil and nutrition is like food.

Let's say you need 50gr protein per day.

You can take a scoop of protein powder.

You can eat 150gr of chicken

You can eat 200gr of fish

Or you can eat 50gr of Chicken, 100 of fish and add a bit of protein powder to booster the above. But like this you will add omega 3-6, baah, different micronutieent  bla bla bla.

I use fish mix as only fertiliser for tomatoes for example and seaweed or fish blood as substrate preparation base.

3 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

My idea of soil and nutrition is like food.

And, you're talking to the utter savage (Apparently) who slices up raw spuds. Microwaves them to death. Calls them " Chips " 😶

Fortunately, for me, and the blood pressure of many of my nay sayer crew; I have bottles of tried and trusted stuff, extremely well known and commercially produced, to add to my coco :yep:

Coincidentally? I also have a good stock of stuff to go on my chips :) I'm given to believe Anchovies are Fish, yeah?

Whoos-Store.jpg

Connections, Reg. Spirals within spirals 😎

• Haha 2

Lea and Perrin's Worcester sauce is made from anchovies, we've gone full circle. Also there's a big fuckin spider at the back of your cupboard. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shogun said:

Lea and Perrin's Worcester sauce is made from anchovies, we've gone full circle. Also there's a big fuckin spider at the back of your cupboard. 

@Chal is growing with "spider farm" set up if not wrong.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

@Chal is "spider farm"

:D I've since figured Mealworms, Reg! Actually plausible. Wish I could breed the bastards! Use loads!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shogun said:

There's a big fuckin spider at the back of your cupboard. 

Sorry. Missed this one! Didn't miss the spider though. Was aware of his presence even as my finger found the trigger.

Yep. Lot of those ones, in my food cupboard. Surprised no one's popped up, screaming that I clearly have a dreaded " False Widow " in my cupboard. (As half of Ireland and the entirety of the Sun / Mail readership are liable to)

Yes. It's a spider. It lives in my cupboard. They're known, scientifically, as Steatoda grossa. " Cupboard Spider ". See? Lot less sinister sounding. As they are. Been around since for ever.

I learned all that since swiftly ad libbing to my neighbour that my tent was, indeed, for farming spiders. Had to know my shit, in case he asked me! :wassnnme:

• Like 1