August crop with high mould resistance

Punk#1

Went for semi autos last year and while they did great I'm looking for a slightly earlier finisher, Preferebly early to mid August as opposed to mid september to beat the mold in my thoroughly damp climate.

Around 1m tall would be ideal. Potency, Indica/sativa not really important, Just looking for a solid early finisher to get them chopped before end of august

Any suggestions?

• Like 2

Autos or Light dep.

Only had 2 plants that defo finish before end of August and neither exist now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Royal Dane, only available in regular seeds unfortunately, have a search for nordic genetics. There's prob a few different strains on that site that will fit the bill. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

Royal Dane,

That was the grandfather of the 2 crosses I had that finished up in Aug

• Like 1

Some strains with similar characteristics will be finished a tad earlier if they're hungry and restricted enough, a small pot. However it's not a bad idea to cross a few auto , stagger the sowing times and you should get one out of three batches, depending on weather. Last year my autos were bigger plants than the previous year, loads of rooting. I staggered the sowing times and none of them did well,some rotted on the stems in early flower. It was nearly as bad 2012. 

Royal Dane is a good choice but flowers might only be fit for the hash pile if you like a strong toke!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Think I'll chuck out some Fast Deisel from the vault, Finish quite early it's just the size of the bloody things

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Semi-auto Moroccan Beldia Kif from Ace Seeds. Available as fem version, I grew it last year and I cut her in August, she's a sativa so the buds are quite loose so you won't have an issue with rot. Doesn't need much water and requires very little ferts. Smells like no other plant you've grow before.

This is her...

large.IMG_6184.jpg.8f2bd2b2d0cd813fe11018e97c449ad9.jpg

Edited by Pepe Ramon
  • Like 9

17 hours ago, Pepe Ramon said:

Semi-auto Moroccan Beldia Kif from Ace Seeds. Available as fem version, I grew it last year and I cut her in August, she's a sativa so the buds are quite loose so you won't have an issue with rot. Doesn't need much water and requires very little ferts. Smells like no other plant you've grow before.

This is her...

large.IMG_6184.jpg.8f2bd2b2d0cd813fe11018e97c449ad9.jpg

Absolute beauty mate, Do these stink the place up much?

5 hours ago, Punk#1 said:

Absolute beauty mate, Do these stink the place up much?

They do smell but not like any cannabis you've ever smelled before. Unless you know what this plant is and what it smells like then the average joe wouldn't have a clue tbh. I would describe the smell as a cross between honeysuckle and sandalwood, it's a little spicy sort of like incense.

She was really easy to grow and very willing to do her thing and it's definitely a strain everyone should try at least once. 

This is from the Ace Seeds website...

Traditional hash plant from the Rif area near to Ketama and Chefchaouen, famous for producing kif (the traditional blend of cannabis flowers with tobacco) and the famous Moroccan blond hash.

This pure Moroccan strain is one of the fastest psychoactive sativa landraces on the planet, due to its semi autoflowering traits and its very short flowering time. Traditionally, this strain is sown at the beginning of spring, starting to bloom in June, and being harvested as early as August, when it begins to be processed and beaten by hand to produce the traditional Moroccan hashish, which varies in quality depending on the size of the sieve and the amount of time the flowers are beaten.

Moroccan plants are small/medium sized. They start with fairly wide leaves, but when they reach their sexual maturity and flowering they develop as a pure sativa with foxtail floral structures, quickly accumulating to form good sized buds. There are 2 main phenotypes according to their structure. The most common phenotype grows very columnar and tall, with the second phenotype being smaller, shorter and more branched.

This variety is grown at a very high plant density in its native land, with very little fertilizer and water, which means it has developed excellent resistance against heat and drought, performing perfectly with little care and low levels of nutrients, which makes it an ideal strain for outdoor guerrilla growing in hot and dry climates.

Morocco is the largest hashish producer in the world, with its renowned hashish being the most exported, especially to Europe. Unfortunately, since the beginning of the 21st century, a massive introduction of foreign indoor genetics from Europe and North America has taken place in Morocco, in order to increase the hashish production and potency.

While this has been achieved on certain farms where these foreign genetics are cultivated with more care, the genetic contamination has also meant that Moroccan hashish has gradually lost its characteristic psychoactivity and distinctive ‘golden’ and mellow terpenes, which made Moroccan hashish a world reference in the cannabis scene of the 20th century.

Certain Moroccan growers have now realized that these new foreign genetics require much more care, water and fertilizers, are harvested much later than traditional Moroccan strains, and do not have the same resistance against heat and outdoor pests. The old Moroccan strains are still the most suitable for growing in large remote plots with poor irrigation resources that cannot be tended with as much care.

For this reason, a group of old school Moroccan growers have offered us ancient heirloom Moroccan seeds for their reproduction and preservation, before the unstoppable genetic contamination completely wipes out the old Moroccan strains in their original state.

Highly Recommended 

Edited by Pepe Ramon
  • Like 3

I really like the sound of these.

Do you reckon the smell from 4 of these would travel very far? I think I grew Ketama or some variation a few years back and can't remember be them being too stinky, Had a few in my garden at home and honestly can't remember smelling them at all.

Although my plot is a good scramble through dense gorse there is a dog walking path 30m or so away, Not used too frequently but a couple of times a week at the most. Had no problems last year, Just always got to pray the wind direction is in my favour

• Like 1

@Punk#1I'd be happy growing these if the path is 30m away, it really doesn't smell like weed so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pepe Ramon said:

@Punk#1I'd be happy growing these if the path is 30m away, it really doesn't smell like weed so I wouldn't worry too much.

Fantastic thanks for the info, Much appreciated!

I'll try and get some pics if I'm successful. Have a good one!

• Like 1

@Pepe Ramon

Hey bud you would happen to have a grow diary for these? I'd really like to know more.

I usually use verve compost, a bit of perlite and half a handful of fbb, Maybe some fish mix if required. Due to the arid nature of the native soil these would usually grow in would you recommend maybe adding some sand and more perlite? Or less perlite?

Just want to get these off to a great start any more info would be appreciated

Cheers

• Like 2

I didn't do a diary as such but there is a thread called "Bottomless Pots; an experiment." The info you want is on pages 4 & 5.

A good free draining medium is all you'll require, she doesn't like too much food.

Edited by Pepe Ramon
  • Like 2