Sunshine Daydream Hashplant

CuriousOrange

Sunshine Daydream seems to have itself a bit of a cult following and has definitely lodged itself at the top of my wish list. It’s a shame it seems to be impossible to get hold of any more. I’ve found these Sunshine Daydream Hashplant seeds on a certain is website that I didn’t mean to screenshot in but just noticed I did. I’m wondering if anyone has run any or has any experience with anything from Sunshine Dream Genetics. Looks a worthy punt to me, pretty much what Bodhi would have done if he still had his SSDD mum about anyway but just with his ‘88 Hashplant instead.large.6B445C7D-BEDD-48A7-A25E-D4B4912BC835.png.8489587a87005e1df6c4a65188507eb8.png

• Like 4

That sounds a wonderful cultivar 🥰   Right up my street 👍

Quite a few of us grabbed the  SSDD subbies that Badbillybob kindly cooked up , however the beans had went funky in the vials and no winners yet .....thats the closest i come to SSDD in time sadly , i been looking for a while now !    
i was kindly pointed in the direction of some but alas theres no stock when i enquired before pulling the trigger on them.

So im still on the hunt.      Also  Brother Rat dog  tried some of the SSDD bits he had and no joy  either.

so im off to find these beans and get me some SSDD and hopefully find a SSDD leaner 👍

There may well be ...some original  SSDD hope in the not too distant future :yep:   

• Like 4

My man! Keeping the dream alive, I am crossing all digits, limbs and/or appendages in hope. 
I think I vaguely remember the ssdd subbies happening not long after I signed on but I had no idea what I was missing out on by not jumping at the opportunity at the time. We live and we learn.

• Like 2

I grew them out a good few years back. Wonderful plant and a wonderful smoke.

• Like 2

Bodhi did do a re-release some years ago (2019)? But I'm not convinced they were f1s, they were different from the green packs and he released a load of sunshine daydream crosses at the same time.. 

I made "f2"s with them (f3s I suppose) but all the males bar one turned hermie on me - I've seen the same happen with other growers too.. I was gifted the remains of a green pack and got just a single male - i kept him back while I flowered the females, but he started auto flowering lol I tried my best, but his cuts didn't root and he kept flowering so he went int he bin. 

The plan was to use the F1 male against the F2 selections, but I'm going to have to use the F2 males against my F1 selections now instead.

It's a project I've been working on inbetween stuff for years now, but ssdd is one of my favorite indica/bld lines Such a  complex wholesome thoughtful and relaxing high, and not just a sleeper/boring high like modern stuff. 

Looking forward to watching how the cross with a hp works out :)

• Like 6

It really does sound like a lovely plant, thanks for sharing your experiences. I will definitely be getting a pack of these crosses in then so will run a diary on them when the time comes. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

I'm not convinced they were f1s

I wonder if maybe he did one of his parent swap games between releases. 

Your salvage project sounds like a very worthwhile long game, I hope it brings great things for you.

• Like 4

It does sound rather lovely. Is $40 pretty standard to pay for shipping from USA?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

About mid price for postage really, a few spots go for 20/25 bucks and a few make their own numbers up. Get a couple of packs of something special you just can’t get in the uk and it eases the pain.  I cannot find this breeder anywhere else so that fixes the postage cost here really

Edited by CuriousOrange
Unobtainability stuff
  • Like 4

It’s tempting even just for these tbh.
Do you generally get hit with import fees on top? 

• Like 3

I have bought 125 bucks worth of seed and it’s flown straight through customs with no charge at all. The senders often mark the packages as gifts which may help with larger orders too

• Like 4

I have not had any SSDD  for a good while ,  and miss it ,  one of my top 3 experiences with herb.

Im quietly confident of there being a pack of SSDD landing soon 👍    Will do full seed run for us all.:yep:

I gotta shout out brother Soup for finding beans 🥰

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Sounds perfect, I had already started to give up on pure bred SSDD.

Dare I ask about the other top 3 contenders @OldFord ? Bet they are both equally unobtainable

• Like 2

First time I run SSDD it was lovely, stood out at the time compare to other strains I’d grown. Sure it would have been a couple years later I grabbed another pack. Unfortunately found the plants not to be quite as good. Dunno if just down to me and my luck. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, CuriousOrange said:

Sounds perfect, I had already started to give up on pure bred SSDD.

Dare I ask about the other top 3 contenders @OldFord ? Bet they are both equally unobtainable

Some old skool BubbleGum and a very heavy debilitating Domina x Afghani

Bbg for flavour & feel good factor '   Dom x 'Ghani  for the  dribble factor lol 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2