Muntjac, friend or foe?

Slippy One

Those muntjac aren’t really round are area spoke to a guy earlier who lives down the lane and shoots most nights and sells venison he got all excited when I showed him your pics. Said he’s seen loads of the muntjacs up Somerset way and up country said there quite small not much bigger than my dog  didn’t know how high they can jump but said most other can easily clear most fences hedges with ease. Next problems will be wild boar was showed a video of 60 odd wild boar being released into the outdoors under the cover of darkness not far from Exeter . Had loads escape few years ago from a farm they coarsed havoc on the land till they where all shot not the best of ideas.

• WOW 1

Muntie can jump, but prefer to creep under a fence rather than jump it. If wild boar are in your area a fence won't keep them out of your plot if they want in, I have seen the damage they can do in Spain and the states. 

• Like 3