Lumatek Control Panel Plus 2.0

The Green Manalishi

I’m not that keen on the 4 incremental setting on the Zeus Pro, I need more control over my lighting, so was looking at the Control Panel 2.0, which would let me dial in the photons more accurately, anyone use one these?  :yinyang:

Dial in photons more accurately? Can you explain that a bit more? You can change spectrum or what?

The controller lets you adjust the power in 1% increments as opposed to the 25% increments on the lamp 

• Like 2

You could buy a whole new light for that price mate. That's fucking ridiculous.

• Like 2

You can go overboard for accuracy... it's all in your head. I'm as guilty. Why not just decide what height you want to work, from the meter choose one of the four settings that matches nearest your target, then tweak the height with the meter to zone in on your target,

• Like 2

It definitely is pricey, and was kinda thinking there would be some kind of work around, I miss the control I had with the old cxm750 

• Like 1

I thought it was 25% for veg and 100% for flower lol

I don't veg under my led, it's just for flower but I leave it on 100% (99% of the time)

• Like 1

@The Green Manalishi It seems a bit of a shit design, why they can't use a normal dimmer like most led's I don't know. I noticed the other day in the g/shop, all the big bar lights that run off ballasts do the same thing with 4 increments but they're not using drivers so you can forgive them for that. I never understood the popularity of those Lumatek lights myself.

• Like 1

And I’m not even interested in the rest of its functions…..just the incremental control……got to be some kind of bodge, a variable resistor….

@KCThe only stepless light I have is the ParPlus 465... They are all only 4-5 steps in general I've seen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

And I’m not even interested in the rest of its functions…..just the incremental control……got to be some kind of bodge, a variable resistor….

It's pulse width modulation control on LEDs I think. It's a digital device AFAIK. 

• Like 1

@catweazle1 Yes I've been looking now. I always saw adams lights could be dimmed steplessly and mine does so I assumed most do :blushing:

Oops

• Like 2

I’ll will work around it but…. but…. It’s still bugging me went from 50% to 75% and it almost stripped the flesh from my face….Jesus. lol

• Haha 1

They say its 0-10v dimming so maybe if you open the little box with the dimming knob you might be able to see what's going in in there and possibly swap the potentiometer.

• Like 2

Yes, a potentiometer that’s what I was thinking…..fucking variable resistor lol  

• Like 1