Is this overkill, will it work & how silent will it be?

Tent - BudboxPro 0.75 x 0.75 x 2.00m 

Fan - Revolution Vector EC V2 150mm/6 inch

Filter - 150mm/6 inch CarboAir60 

Silencer - SilencedAir 150mm/6 inch

Ducting - 5 meters Phonic Trap 6 inch

I live in a flat with neighbours all sides and my walls and ceilings are like cardboard. 

I really need a ridiculous level of silent. 

I'd really appreciate your thoughts and advice! 

I live in similar circumstances. My space is 1200x800 and 1600 high I only use a five inch K fan with either a rhino or mountain air filter. I use a basic speed temp control EC1 and it does the job well. I don’t think you need such a big filter nor Silencer imho. I use phonic duct quietness it nicely. 
I also try to avoid huge fans run very slow due to issues I’ve had before. 

• Like 3

Thanks for your reply!

The 6 inch Evolution Vector EC V2 is rated 764 m3/h and the 6 inch CarboAir60 is rated 1350 M3/h. 

Do you think the fan would be running too slowly for a 0.75x0.75x2m tent? 

I'm concerned the fan might cut out??

Are you running leds?

If so you don't need 6 inches of fan in 75cm², you could easily use 4in i reckon, i get away with running a 100mm e.c fan in a 120cm² under leds with no issues... But i don't have to worry about noise.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes I've got a 300w Lumatek Attis LED. 

Noise is a big issue. My flat has neighbours on all sides and the ceilings and walls are so thin we can have conversations though them. 

I'm thinking if I oversize the fan, filter and ducting it should be quieter?

Edited by 1111111

I used to run a 150mm fan in a tent that size and struggled to keep temps up. Where noise is concerned, the bulk of the sound comes from both ends of the fan, therefore you'll find it quieter if you have around a metre of acoustic ducting between the fan and the filter. Then use your silencer on the exit side of the fan.

If you're still finding things too loud after that, throw some thick blankets over the tent, which will dampen the sound of any circulation fans and provide some insulation. 

• Like 1

i recently upgraded to 8 inch revelotion vector silenced v2 from a ac infinity 6 inch thinking the bigger fan would be quieter than the 6 inch running at less than half speed but to be honest there both about the same noise 

i was expecting the revelotion to be much quieter than it actually is considering the huge price tag 

50 minutes ago, 1111111 said:

Yes I've got a 300w Lumatek Attis LED. 

Noise is a big issue. My flat has neighbours on all sides and the ceilings and walls are so thin we can have conversations though them. 

I'm thinking if I oversize the fan, filter and ducting it should be quieter?

Am in same boat,its always to loud.

Phonic trap ducting works.

Fan that you can switch from 420 to 250m3 helped as well,but i use 3 so 3 filters as well,peace is costly lol

Sms controler helps but its like 300 plus,just hybrid works rest is crap imo and make sure to get proper fan if you go down that route.

Silencer didnt do shit for noise imo,gave mine to mate.

Do a dry run whatever you decide, before plants go in.

With just 300w led 500m3 would prolly do

Edited by Herbal Kint

Thanks for your reply. 

The SMSCOM Hybrid controller is about the same price as the G.A.S Enviro V4....

Any thoughts on which one is best?

Nope,id go for sms hybrid tho,lots use it here no one complains.

I'd say having such an oversized fan + silenced ducting would negate the need for a silencer tbh. Your circulation fans are likely to make more noise. 

• Like 1

It is over kill i have the same fan in a 1.2x 1.2m tent and didnt need to go past 25% most of the time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1111111 said:

darXound this is music to my ears! 

You could probably save a bit of money if you looked at other fans also. You need a high quality speed controller for that not to make any noise. The AC infinity fans have inbuilt, buzz free controllers and with the money you'd save, you could get an 8 inch fan with a filter and all the trimmings and still have about £200 left over 🙏

....6 inch would be fine though, just saying bigger fans on lower revs is better if silence is the aim. I can have my 6 inch on level one, which is practically silent and it still sucks in the walls on my 5x5 so on such a small tent, you'll be sound

Edited by darXound

Is there a limit to how slowly you can run an oversized fan in a small tent? I'm worried it might cut out.