New room

Believe in ones self

Hi all

just wondering if someone can help me out….. building a new room and when the walls finally go up and it’s enclosed I’d be left with a 3.3x2.5m2 room, any suggestions on what size fans are best suited for this space, I’d personally thought 8” in & 10” out  but someone might suggest otherwise?

thanks 

• Like 1

I've no experience with venting such a large area but.... And its a good but ...

What are you going to be running light-wise?

Hid will require a bit more oomph than a led room and might dictate where/how you rig yer fans (a fair few of us led growers flip out tents so we pull air in the top and blow exhaust out of the bottom to maximise heat efficiency)

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I’ve got myself 2 x omega infinity 3.0 pro infinity 

So fresh air (intake) high level and stale air (outtake) low level?

3 hours ago, Believe in ones self said:

So fresh air (intake) high level and stale air (outtake) low level?

Yes mate. They run so cool that in winter people do that to conserve heat. 

No idea on fan recommendations, but bigger is generally better. 

Iv roughly the same space as that in a barn south facing . Running a 8” 1300m3 Systemair outtake and a 900m3 Systemair intake running Lumatek and think grow led and the temps don’t go over 29c and that was the hot summer we had the summer before last . Depends where your area is gonna be obviously attics and south facing areas will be warmer.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Yes mate. They run so cool that in winter people do that to conserve heat. 

No idea on fan recommendations, but bigger is generally better. 

Would that matter if drawing fresh air in from within a bedroom below or is it only done if fresh air is drawn in from the outside with cold winter air coming in?

20 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

Iv roughly the same space as that in a barn south facing . Running a 8” 1300m3 Systemair outtake and a 900m3 Systemair intake running Lumatek and think grow led and the temps don’t go over 29c and that was the hot summer we had the summer before last . Depends where your area is gonna be obviously attics and south facing areas will be warmer.

I take it u run a 6” intake bring less m3?

cheers for the info, I guess they don’t run at full capacity anyway on a normal day -day? Was going to invest in one of those G.A.S controllers which regulate both in and out air, from what I’ve read they seem to be a good investment?

p.s cheers for the reply both of u 

18 minutes ago, Believe in ones self said:

I take it u run a 6” intake bring less m3?

cheers for the info, I guess they don’t run at full capacity anyway on a normal day -day? Was going to invest in one of those G.A.S controllers which regulate both in and out air, from what I’ve read they seem to be a good investment?

p.s cheers for the reply both of u 

Yes mate I run both fans on the GAS enviro 4 controller set your negative on the controller set your night day preferences and the controller does the work . Got a enviro 2 controller as well both I can’t fault at all bit more money but they keep everything running at the desired levels . 

7 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Yes mate I run both fans on the GAS enviro 4 controller set your negative on the controller set your night day preferences and the controller does the work . Got a enviro 2 controller as well both I can’t fault at all bit more money but they keep everything running at the desired levels . 

Do u run both or just upgraded to the enviro 4

if u do run with both what do u run of each just out of interest, had a bit of a read this morning about them both and saw the 2. Version says it’s has options for humidifier/dehumidifiers 

8 hours ago, Believe in ones self said:

Would that matter if drawing fresh air in from within a bedroom below or is it only done if fresh air is drawn in from the outside with cold winter air coming in?

We do it even when pulling warm indoor air into the tent, cold air straight from outside isn't really viable in a led room, its just too cold most of the year save for a fortnight in August.

6 hours ago, BilgePump said:

We do it even when pulling warm indoor air into the tent, cold air straight from outside isn't really viable in a led room, its just too cold most of the year save for a fortnight in August.

Nice one bud for that info, I’d of always done it vice versa, being fresh low and stale high, do u have fresh as high up as u can with using led? 

@Believe in ones self yeah mate , literally a hole in the very top of my tent with a secret jardin light baffle on it

Edited by BilgePump

13 hours ago, Believe in ones self said:

Do u run both or just upgraded to the enviro 4

if u do run with both what do u run of each just out of interest, had a bit of a read this morning about them both and saw the 2. Version says it’s has options for humidifier/dehumidifiers 

No bud the v2 and v4 are in separate rooms . Yes you can plug heater etc into them I run a humidifier in early veg but that is run off a humid stat that was already in the room before I upgraded the room.

17 hours ago, BilgePump said:

@Believe in ones self yeah mate , literally a hole in the very top of my tent with a secret jardin light baffle on it

Just looked at this baffle, what’s it’s purpose?

Is it just something u connect your ducting on to?