ph

thatman

I use the liquid kits where you mix 1ml of your nutrient solution with a drop of the test solution whatever it is and compare the result to a colour chart. 
Nobody seems to mention these so I wonder if they’re crap and I’m wasting my time.
The colour changes from green to yellow when I add ph down and test again though so they do seem like they work to some extent. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, thatman said:

Looking at buying a digital PH tester and would appreciate any feedback on recommendations of reasonably priced meters, cheers.

What medium are you growing in?

Coco, compost, airoponics etc?

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

I've worked in manufacturing since I was 18, not everything is made in China :P

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

What medium are you growing in?

Coco, compost, airoponics etc?

Atb

hi sorry for the wait , i grow in coco

☯️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yan said:

I use the liquid kits where you mix 1ml of your nutrient solution with a drop of the test solution whatever it is and compare the result to a colour chart. 
Nobody seems to mention these so I wonder if they’re crap and I’m wasting my time.
The colour changes from green to yellow when I add ph down and test again though so they do seem like they work to some extent. 

No they're not crap, they're cheap and reliable, but not as accurate or convenient as a pH meter when it's calibrated and working! Tbh measuring to the nearest 0.5 pH is good enough for plants.

All pH meters have a life, the better ones offer replaceable electrodes. Hanna aren't too bad for the money.

How many people calibrate theirs regularly or keep the electrode wet with storage solution between uses?

(edited for speeling)

Edited by MrSlatersParrot
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, yan said:

They work, as long as you're not color blind.....like me!

• Like 2

HM Digital pH80 35 quid. Add pH Probe solution to dip it in after rinsing. A pH probes life is 2-3 years.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

On 04/03/2024 at 12:26, yan said:

I use the the liquid pH tester from Vitalink and it has kept me right so far.  

• Like 1

I don't get how people can get away with not ph'ing,  especially in coco. no nute range can be ph perfect t, even if its called it.

mine must be super hard,  even using a hard water nutrient, I'm still too low and showing calcium deficiencies.

why is it ph up to a lower number? seems back to front to me lol

as for meters, I use the cheap vitalink one for 40 quid, stand it in piss and it's still bang on, used the drops before but hassle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

no nute range can be ph perfect t, even if its called it.

Advanced certainly is, numerous grows using it no yellow leaves, top class results start to finish.

Check my profile, plenty of evidence there...:yep:

• Like 1

Bluelab went down the swanny years ago they where good till it was sold then went down hill . Saying that iv a truncheon that’s nearly 15 years old and fine but the ph meters and combo meters went down hill I changed to hanna ph meters a long time ago and not had a problem.

• Like 2

On 04/03/2024 at 09:23, thatman said:

Looking at buying a digital PH tester and would appreciate any feedback on recommendations of reasonably priced meters, cheers.

Get yourself the essentials liquid test kit ew can get 1 that gives .2 incremental it's totally faultless costs a fiver for 200 tests..... beats them battery operation ones any day.... imho. 👌  BTW ph is more important than the ferts fact.

• Like 2