ph

thatman

Looking at buying a digital PH tester and would appreciate any feedback on recommendations of reasonably priced meters, cheers.

don't buy the cheap ones

my blu lab ec meters working fine and about 2yo

my ph meter is blulab but i'm lucky my nutes bring it to the sweet spot with my soft water so hardly use it

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeydoughnut said:

We can’t even agree about pH meters

are you looking after yours, regularly calibrating and keeping the lid topped up with solution? lol

• Like 2

I would normally know exactly how much pH down to use, but the 1litre bottle i usually buy has changed from 81% concentrate down to 30%,(for the same price).

I have never used litmus paper, does the paper change to the similar colours of a liquid test kit?

• Like 1

I bought 6 from the big rivers Asian competitor for a £10,don't tell Saddam though......

Do you really need one......? I'm not so sure anymore.....!

• Like 1

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

Yeah fuck that. Slave labour designed to destroy local economies …. I’m hard up but not that hard up.

Lol!

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

You go work in a Chinese factory while lolling and own a local business while lolling …. and I’m seen as a bastard around these parts 🫢

Pull your head out of your ass.

Every fucking things made in China these days!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr mcgregor said:

Every fucking things made in China these days!

blulab pens are made in new zealand lol

• Like 4

I use the liquid kits where you mix 1ml of your nutrient solution with a drop of the test solution whatever it is and compare the result to a colour chart. 
Nobody seems to mention these so I wonder if they’re crap and I’m wasting my time.
The colour changes from green to yellow when I add ph down and test again though so they do seem like they work to some extent. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thatman said:

Looking at buying a digital PH tester and would appreciate any feedback on recommendations of reasonably priced meters, cheers.

What medium are you growing in?

Coco, compost, airoponics etc?

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

I've worked in manufacturing since I was 18, not everything is made in China :P

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

What medium are you growing in?

Coco, compost, airoponics etc?

Atb

hi sorry for the wait , i grow in coco

☯️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yan said:

I use the liquid kits where you mix 1ml of your nutrient solution with a drop of the test solution whatever it is and compare the result to a colour chart. 
Nobody seems to mention these so I wonder if they’re crap and I’m wasting my time.
The colour changes from green to yellow when I add ph down and test again though so they do seem like they work to some extent. 

No they're not crap, they're cheap and reliable, but not as accurate or convenient as a pH meter when it's calibrated and working! Tbh measuring to the nearest 0.5 pH is good enough for plants.

All pH meters have a life, the better ones offer replaceable electrodes. Hanna aren't too bad for the money.

How many people calibrate theirs regularly or keep the electrode wet with storage solution between uses?

(edited for speeling)

Edited by MrSlatersParrot
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, yan said:

They work, as long as you're not color blind.....like me!

• Like 2

HM Digital pH80 35 quid. Add pH Probe solution to dip it in after rinsing. A pH probes life is 2-3 years.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1